Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6 Classes?

Featured Replies

Lets just say they know who they are

So telling.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is off subject a little but did any of you all read the article in the Lexington Herald about Lexington Catholic's #1 rated gils basketball team. Out of the 1st seven players only one of them live in Fayette County?That means 6 out of the 1st seven live more than 20 miles from their school.I know for a fact where their best player lives and it's over 35 miles.

6 classes is good, but i think 5 would be best......ky has a small population, 6 classes would be too many

But these kids come to T and X to play football....There are usually around 100 Freshman who play football at these 2 schools....about 25-30 will be on the team as seniors..are these kids cut or do they just realize they are not going to get to play and weed themself out.

I don't believe that T cut's anyone, so that would leave your second thought. I don't think the result would be much different anywhere else. There are only 11 spots on either side of the ball for starters. And then you have a few who rotate. The other kids would naturally drop out because of all the work and no PT. Not a big mystery to me.

6 classes is good, but i think 5 would be best......ky has a small population, 6 classes would be too many

Do you realize what you are saying? Monday night, all 274 boys basketball teams, regardless of record (they could be 0-24), start over in postseason play. With 6 classes, almost all of the 224 football teams would start over with the first round of playoffs. In May, all 275 teams playing high school basketball, even if they are 0-30, will start off with the district playoffs. Please explain the difference. Baseball and Basketball don't cut to fewer teams because of geography do they? Yes, those first round playoff games could see some lopsided games. But won't you see that next week too? Just because it's not the way it's been done, does that make it bad? Just curious for all of those who think "the geography' or "number of schools" somehow means we should have smaller playoffs in football than in any other sport.

Do you realize what you are saying? Monday night, all 274 boys basketball teams, regardless of record (they could be 0-24), start over in postseason play. With 6 classes, almost all of the 224 football teams would start over with the first round of playoffs. In May, all 275 teams playing high school basketball, even if they are 0-30, will start off with the district playoffs. Please explain the difference. Baseball and Basketball don't cut to fewer teams because of geography do they? Yes, those first round playoff games could see some lopsided games. But won't you see that next week too? Just because it's not the way it's been done, does that make it bad? Just curious for all of those who think "the geography' or "number of schools" somehow means we should have smaller playoffs in football than in any other sport.

 

 

I just think 6 classes are too many for kentucky........texas only has 5A (but their highest division is divided in too I think) and they have 20 million poeple...we have what, 6 million? they have 6 million STUDENTS

I like the six class idea. The phrase " 6A champion Trinity Shamrocks" has a nice ring to it. Sounds pretty impressive too.

I like the six class idea. The phrase " 6A champion Trinity Shamrocks" has a nice ring to it. Sounds pretty impressive too.

I like 4, for multiple reasons, but as my Senior Chief used to tell me in boot camp, "Don't worry about it! You'll get used to it!"

 

That's about the only thing he said I can print, the rest of what he said would get me kicked off of here.

Wrong, he even has said that he didn't know the work to put in was that much, and thus he left.

I may be wrong...but I'm about 99% sure of his quote....He was ask "what did you learn if anything from coaching in the NFL " and he said "I learned a little humility and that the guys who lose sometimes work just as hard as the guys who win"

Anyway..........What does ANYONE think about if we go to six clasess taking the top 3 to playoffs with 1 seed geting a bye

I may be wrong...but I'm about 99% sure of his quote....He was ask "what did you learn if anything from coaching in the NFL " and he said "I learned a little humility and that the guys who lose sometimes work just as hard as the guys who win"

Anyway..........What does ANYONE think about if we go to six clasess taking the top 3 to playoffs with 1 seed geting a bye

Id go along with that, I havent heard if this is what there doing or not but i think they should have only 2 come out of each disrtict 3 at the most. Weve got too many 4 seeds with losing records the way it is now.

Id go along with that, I havent heard if this is what there doing or not but i think they should have only 2 come out of each disrtict 3 at the most. Weve got too many 4 seeds with losing records the way it is now.

I like taking 4 now...there are some blowouts but a few 4's win and it keeps the regular season more meaningful all the way to the last game....If it goes to 6 classes there would be 4 or 5 at most per district so I think taking the top 3 with 1's getting a bye would be a good idea...I have not heard this mentioned but it wouldnt be a bad idea

I like taking 4 now...there are some blowouts but a few 4's win and it keeps the regular season more meaningful all the way to the last game....If it goes to 6 classes there would be 4 or 5 at most per district so I think taking the top 3 with 1's getting a bye would be a good idea...I have not heard this mentioned but it wouldnt be a bad idea

If its only 4-5 in each district then definately it should only be 2 or 3. If 4 gets in then,essentialy a 1-9 team could get to the playoffs as long as that 1 win was a ditstrict win. I support this system but with fewer teams in each class there have to be fewer playoff seeds available for competitions sake. I understand a few upsets have happened but not many at all and this would give the teams more incentive to play harder.

Sorry Guys.....I'm out of the loop on this one. Are they voting on this anytime soon? If it was voted on, I assume it didn't pass.

Who would even be in the 6A class? Honestly were kentucky not Texas

I just don't understand why so many people are for this kind of thing in football, but not for it in Basketball where one individual player can make so much more a differnece.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.