Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6 Classes?

Featured Replies

My understanding is that the issue of switching to 6 classes in football is still alive and well.

 

Does anyone else know what's going on with this issue?

  • Replies 182
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your question, but this idea is a bad joke that needs to go away!

Whats the latest with the public/private debate??

I can't answer your question, but this idea is a bad joke that needs to go away!

 

Why you say?

The group has made a recomendation to the KHSAA to go to a 6 class system. I think we will see this happen for 2007

The group has made a recomendation to the KHSAA to go to a 6 class system. I think we will see this happen for 2007

I think it's great for high school football.

  • Author
I think it's great for high school football.

 

The one concern I've heard from rural schools is that they're going to have to start traveling pretty far for games.

So we will have 5 private winners instead of three. OH that makes up the recruiting gap!

I think it's great for high school football.

Why stop at six, why not ten so we can have more people able to say they were champions?

Bad idea...

 

The problem is some schools can play ineligible players forefit the regular season and playoffs but still win a State Championship and then there are the Privates???

 

The KHSAA needs to get a set of kaonas and live by them. Until then you can do just about anything if the hearings take longer than the season......Now that's a JOKE!

  • Author

The KHSAA needs to get a set of balls !

 

 

A set? I thought you only played with one football?

A set? I thought you only played with one football?

 

Man your fast I tried to edit that :D

The group has made a recomendation to the KHSAA to go to a 6 class system. I think we will see this happen for 2007

 

I think they vote on this real soon.

Why stop at six, why not ten so we can have more people able to say they were champions?

 

A few positives:

 

1. More competitive.

2. Two more titles. which mean more money

3. Smaller districts, which result in better regular season games out of district. Which means more gate money for schools.

4. More schools (mostly class A, and AA will start football programs)

5. Opportunities for more teams to make playoffs, gives opport. for athletes to be seen. (College coaches hit the road during the playoffs.)

6. Opportunities for good assistants to have opportunities for jobs.

7. More communities thinking football.

 

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Whether this is a good idea or not is irrelevant when the main issue that is on the states agenda should be the fact that an overwhelming majority of schools wanted to seperate publics and privates. This is an attempt at a band aid on a large wound.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.