6 Classes?

cshs81

Its others failures...Because public schools cant recruit..they can only take who is in their district basically.....If I had a vote..I would vote X and T play for the we have no failures Championship and let the rest of the 4A play for the we are not perfect Championship

:laugh:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its others failures...Because public schools cant recruit..they can only take who is in their district basically.....If I had a vote..I would vote X and T play for the we have no failures Championship and let the rest of the 4A play for the we are not perfect Championship

Who makes those district boundries? US? I think not, we DO NOT recruit, thank you so very gently. AND, here is Jefferson County it is open enrollment, if you don't want to be hamstrung by district boundries call your school system not us.

Again, it is our fault that we have number's?

exactly....

Solution for the "Big Class" controversy and to see if numbers really DO matter...

Allow COUNTIES with multiple high schools COMBINE THEIR ATHLETES to form one "county team."

For instance, instead of Oldham, South Oldham, and North Oldham splitting up their talent three-ways, allow those 3 to form ONE TEAM to compete with X and T. The total boys enrollment in those schools would be almost exactly the male enrollment at X.

Similarly, allow for North Hardin and John Hardin to combine (they'd still be smaller than X in males, but a little bigger than T).

In Jeff. Co. and Fayette where there are many schools, allow any TWO or THREE to combine together based on geography (Ballard and Eastern for instance) so long as their total male enrollment stays under a certain "cap" (maybe 1,750 males?).

Solution for the "Big Class" controversy and to see if numbers really DO matter...

Allow COUNTIES with multiple high schools COMBINE THEIR ATHLETES to form one "county team."

For instance, instead of Oldham, South Oldham, and North Oldham splitting up their talent three-ways, allow those 3 to form ONE TEAM to compete with X and T. The total boys enrollment in those schools would be almost exactly the male enrollment at X.

Similarly, allow for North Hardin and John Hardin to combine (they'd still be smaller than X in males, but a little bigger than T).

In Jeff. Co. and Fayette where there are many schools, allow any TWO or THREE to combine together based on geography (Ballard and Eastern for instance) so long as their total male enrollment stays under a certain "cap" (maybe 1,750 males?).

WOW now that would be an interesting shift in power I'd say.

Who makes those district boundries? US? I think not, we DO NOT recruit, thank you so very gently. AND, here is Jefferson County it is open enrollment, if you don't want to be hamstrung by district boundries call your school system not us.

Great idea let's open up all districts for athletics. Then some small/county schools would shut down, cost communities jobs, and send some small districts into economic poverty due to closing down the largest employeer of some towns. GREAT IDEA!!! Obviously nobody attends school anymore for academics. Wait, isn't that why parents send their children to private schools, for the education...that is the arguement I generally see from the privates. That athletics are just the by product of the "good education".

Nobody is saying you make the boundries...everyone knows you don't have any. In Louisville it is open enrollment, in Louisville...not state wide. Louisville schools can't pull kids from other states and outside the Louisville area. Nor do they have all male enrollments. Again, nobody is saying create 100 classes so stop the belly aching...adding classes is done for two reasons.

1. Large population equals more classes.

2. Large disparity in enrollments equals more classes.

What a tragedy it would be to allow teams to compete against schools that are similar in population.

Not to say X-T do so, but you shouldn't mention the R word. One of your fellow private schools did the same and it turned out they were paying athletes...big shocker!

I would be all for this.

Not to say X-T do so, but you shouldn't mention the R word. One of your fellow private schools did the same and it turned out they were paying athletes...big shocker!

The only true brother I feel close to, is St. Xavier.....now, all the privates are in the same boat. It doesn't matter how many classes there were to be, we would be ok, but how satisfying is to win in a dilluted class? Exactly....when Dixie Heights beat us in 2004, imagine if they had gone onto win, that would have been special for those boys, it wouldn't be the same feeling to not have to go through us, X, or H......There are states with 6 classes but they have an exhorbitant amount of schools more than us.

The only true brother I feel close to, is St. Xavier.....now, all the privates are in the same boat. It doesn't matter how many classes there were to be, we would be ok, but how satisfying is to win in a dilluted class? Exactly....when Dixie Heights beat us in 2004, imagine if they had gone onto win, that would have been special for those boys, it wouldn't be the same feeling to not have to go through us, X, or H......There are states with 6 classes but they have an exhorbitant amount of schools more than us.

Exactly how is it dilluted? Competition by it's very nature is defined by one athlete, team, etc...pushing another to perform as well as possible. The current class system is not competitive in 4A and 1A. Wouldn't you want better competition through the early rounds, or is it to your advantage to play cupcakes with much smaller male enrollments and rest the varsity for those that can actually push you?

As posted previously many states have more classes with similar populations...not exactly the same,but similar. Does it mean alot to mow over smaller teams in the playoffs to get to the tittle? Like I said, this is about the kids...and I am sure that it is just as satisfying to beat your peers (those with similar male enrollments) instead of getting beat up by the giants (in some cases nearly double the male enrollment).

X-T won't hurt with the new class system, but why would they when male enrollments are exhorbitant by comparison and nothing is done to limit the far reaching arms of the institutions.

Exactly how is it dilluted? Competition by it's very nature is defined by one athlete, team, etc...pushing another to perform as well as possible. The current class system is not competitive in 4A and 1A. Wouldn't you want better competition through the early rounds, or is it to your advantage to play cupcakes with much smaller male enrollments and rest the varsity for those that can actually push you?

As posted previously many states have more classes with similar populations...not exactly the same,but similar. Does it mean alot to mow over smaller teams in the playoffs to get to the tittle? Like I said, this is about the kids...and I am sure that it is just as satisfying to beat your peers (those with similar male enrollments) instead of getting beat up by the giants (in some cases nearly double the male enrollment).

X-T won't hurt with the new class system, but why would they when male enrollments are exhorbitant by comparison and nothing is done to limit the far reaching arms of the institutions.

While X and T are coming ahead with the championships, it would be wrong to say 4A is uncompetitive or thier opponets are cupcakes.

As posted previously many states have more classes with similar populations...not exactly the same,but similar.

Like I said, which ones? And how many football playing high schools do those states have, I do not think that you will find the answer you want.

Like I said, which ones? And how many football playing high schools do those states have, I do not think that you will find the answer you want.

Missouri split up its 5A few years ago ... there are 36 schools in 5A and 32 in 6A. Oklahoma has 32 teams apiece in the upper four classes.-Meaning there are more than 4 classes.

Here were two previously posted. Works for me.

Again, the emphasis is on the kids. Where is your emphasis? You don't have to answer, I already know.

While X and T are coming ahead with the championships, it would be wrong to say 4A is uncompetitive or thier opponets are cupcakes.

In looking at the AAAA brackets on KHSAA one or the other tends to blowout thier opponents in the first round. Uncompetitive, in most cases...yes. Don't mean any disprespect to those teams, but it's more or less a warm-up game. Most of those teams just don't have as many Jimmys and Joes. Not in all cases, but in most.

Well, I'm against it and I support Highlands, which basically won't be all that affected by it, so I don't think my opposition is based on being "SCARED TO DEATH!" CovCath, Boyle, Lex Cath and most of the current good AAA teams will stay in our class so its not like it really is going to make our road to state harder. If anything, I'm opposed to it because it could make it easier. Particularly if the KHSAA puts in the 1.5 multiplier for all boys schools that also was discussed, then we'll definitely lose CovCath and LexCath from our class which will make it even easier for us to win state. I don't want it to be easy. Making it easy teaches my sons absolutely nothing. It is all about the kids; but its not about making them feel good winning a state championship; its about them learning the value of hard work, committment and discipline. And any task that is made easier doesn't require as much hard work, committment and discipline. Just my reason for opposing it. I don't like easy.

Football still teaches these lessons no matter what the class system is. Someone said a while back that this type of statement and others along the same line were probably what was said when we went to 4 classes many moons ago. I wouldnt doubt it.

Trinity and St.x are scared to death that there will be 36 teams in our division instead of 54? We are scared because under the current system with schools as small as Dixie Heights and schools as large as Dunbar, we still managed to win 16 titles(Trinity)? Methinks my esteemed colleague with the pigmently accentuated neck from the Eastern part of the state is misunderstanding how this would affect us.

Trinity has 16 titles, St.x has 11. Many times over we have beaten schools with more talent and larger enrollments. Since 1999 there has been 1 school that is NOT Trinity or St.x win a 4A title and that school is Male. In fact I would daresay that this proposal would not at all hinder the development of the Big 3. They have nothing to fear, our class wouldn't be including any more significant powers than it already has. We simply like the idea of competing against as many as possible in our class.

This would be better for you if they down-size the districts. Instead of having to play 7-8 distrct games against lesser teams youll have more room to play tougher non-district opponents so if you choose to do it youll have better competiton this way. I like the pigmently accentuated part that was cute.