6 Classes?

cshs81

First of all dontever call an east KY redneck a communist. Second of all its not teams' fault that under the current system they cant compete with schools that have 500 more boys to choose from than they do. I say level they playing field and the teams who are good because they are a good program will shine and the ones who will sturggle because theyre advantage lies only in more numbers than the other schools will be seen in a lesser light and IMO that right there is what has some of Yall who are against this SCARED TO DEATH!!!

Trinity and St.x are scared to death that there will be 36 teams in our division instead of 54? We are scared because under the current system with schools as small as Dixie Heights and schools as large as Dunbar, we still managed to win 16 titles(Trinity)? Methinks my esteemed colleague with the pigmently accentuated neck from the Eastern part of the state is misunderstanding how this would affect us.

Trinity has 16 titles, St.x has 11. Many times over we have beaten schools with more talent and larger enrollments. Since 1999 there has been 1 school that is NOT Trinity or St.x win a 4A title and that school is Male. In fact I would daresay that this proposal would not at all hinder the development of the Big 3. They have nothing to fear, our class wouldn't be including any more significant powers than it already has. We simply like the idea of competing against as many as possible in our class.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is rediculous, it is not our fault for other's failures. But yet, there would be those that want to take away our EARNED success. That sounds very communist, IMO.
Ah, more rhetoric.

Simply put, it's tough for anyone to compete with schools with the numbers advantage that Trinity and St. Xavier have. Maybe someone can get one of them in a given year, but beating both of them is awfully difficult.

"Trinity has 16 titles, St.x has 11. Many times over we have beaten schools with more talent and larger enrollments."

Both good teams, but you mentioned enrollment as though you are lessor...in total number yes...but not in MALE enrollment (the only enrollment figure that counts). So don't throw out the "larger enrollments" ploy. You have a tremendous advantage with numbers-an advantage you cannot deny.

More overall tallent? NO. Often times your second and third strings are better overall than many teams in your current class combined.

Since the change in the Regional brackets (placing X and T in different regions) one of you should win the title year in and year out. It's funny how money pushed that change! (State title game brings in a ton of cash when the X-T game is on...KHSAA is loving it all the way to the bank!)

6 classes however will not eliminate X-T from dominating. It will however help the lower 4A be more competitive by playing teams similar in enrollment.

I don't think X-T have anything to fear with 6 classes.

"Since the change in the Regional brackets (placing X and T in different regions) one of you should win the title year in and year out. It's funny how money pushed that change! (State title game brings in a ton of cash when the X-T game is on...KHSAA is loving it all the way to the bank!)

I could be wrong but from what I've gathered those from outside the Louisville area didn't like the fact that a Louisville team always made it to the title game. By dividing Louisville there is a chance no Louisville team makes it to the carpet.

I could be wrong but from what I've gathered those from outside the Louisville area didn't like the fact that a Louisville team always made it to the title game. By dividing Louisville there is a chance no Louisville team makes it to the carpet.

I've heard this on here several times...this happened about 16-20 years ago..not sure who those from outside where...but they must not have been very smart..cause its not worked out that way.Or maybe they were really smart to get a big money game in 4A every year.Will we ever really know.

Simply put I could care less about the Louisville schools. My concern lies with the small 1a schools in the mountains. They shouldnt be punished because they have lost alot of kids in the last few years due to economic reasons completely out of their control. If the speculation is true the 1a schools in this new system look about spot on accurate for the true 1a schools and not the glorified 2a schools that are "cherry picking" in 1a. Of course Im all for playing tougher competition in higher classes. If the districts are downsized (which it looks like theyll have to be) then that leaves more room to play the bigger schools in non-district play. Which,win or lose, will make any team better.

First of all dontever call an east KY redneck a communist. Second of all its not teams' fault that under the current system they cant compete with schools that have 500 more boys to choose from than they do. I say level they playing field and the teams who are good because they are a good program will shine and the ones who will sturggle because theyre advantage lies only in more numbers than the other schools will be seen in a lesser light and IMO that right there is what has some of Yall who are against this SCARED TO DEATH!!!

Well, I'm against it and I support Highlands, which basically won't be all that affected by it, so I don't think my opposition is based on being "SCARED TO DEATH!" CovCath, Boyle, Lex Cath and most of the current good AAA teams will stay in our class so its not like it really is going to make our road to state harder. If anything, I'm opposed to it because it could make it easier. Particularly if the KHSAA puts in the 1.5 multiplier for all boys schools that also was discussed, then we'll definitely lose CovCath and LexCath from our class which will make it even easier for us to win state. I don't want it to be easy. Making it easy teaches my sons absolutely nothing. It is all about the kids; but its not about making them feel good winning a state championship; its about them learning the value of hard work, committment and discipline. And any task that is made easier doesn't require as much hard work, committment and discipline. Just my reason for opposing it. I don't like easy.

Ah, more rhetoric.

Simply put, it's tough for anyone to compete with schools with the numbers advantage that Trinity and St. Xavier have. Maybe someone can get one of them in a given year, but beating both of them is awfully difficult.

Again, it is our fault that we have number's?

exactly....

exactly....

Its others failures...Because public schools cant recruit..they can only take who is in their district basically.....If I had a vote..I would vote X and T play for the we have no failures Championship and let the rest of the 4A play for the we are not perfect Championship

No one is assessing blame for it ... but some act as if it's no real advantage at all.

numbers? Elder.....
When has Elder had more students to choose from than Trinity? When have Trinity and St. Xavier beaten bigger schools with more talent?