Doh! Romney does it again

I disagree. True Conservatism always wins. Sen McCain was far from being a true Conservative. His whole campaign was like a big, long concession speech, he desrved to lose. If Romney sticks with True Conservatism instead of being a wishy washy moderate, he will win in my opinion.

Do you really think it's true conservatism?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The polls are even (Rasmussen and Gallup). If Romney stopped making idiotic comments, the election would most likely be his. The one strength Obama had was his foreign policy, and his approval rating for that is falling drastically after these riots in the Middle East. If Romney was an average candidate, IMO, this thing wouldn't be close.

Not a true test though due to the Kennedy sympathy vote.

To be absolutely honest, the only "true conservatives" (as most would define the term), that have run in my lifetime were Goldwater and Reagan.

Nixon was not a fiscal conservative and neither was GWB or GHB. I think something similar could be said of McCain and Dole.

One of the fascinating aspects of the whole "47%" issue is that there are many, many in that group who are there largely as a result of the EITC. The biggest expansion of which was under the auspices of the Reagan Tax Reform Act of 1986.

The current incarnation of the Republican party seems to have made a 180 degree turn. What was once seen as a noble thing - incentivizing people to work at relatively low-income jobs - now has created a nation of victimized parasites.

I agree.

I would like to add:

1. Welfare is one of the easiest vote buying methods around.

2. This nation cannot continue to spend more money than it makes.

3. The 47% quote was not well worded, but then again, he wasn't talking to the world when he said it. I wonder how many times Obama has said inflamatory comments to his donors at functions but there wasn't a camera or mic around to pick it up. And imo, Romney is right about the majority of the 47% being perfectly satisfied right where they are, I would estimate about 30%. Someone posted in one of the various threads we have going that he had offered jobs paying over $15 per hour to people and they had turned him down because they were on government assistance. This happens far more than the Democrats would like to admit. Some people don't look at it as being all that bad to draw unemployment, SSI, food stamps, medical card, heating fuel vouchers, electricity vouchers, etc. They can lay in bed until noon and ramble around the rest of the day and night while John P. Taxpayer is out busting his hump paying for their assistance.

Yeah not well worded at all. So even if he was right about 30% of the people, he was completely wrong about the other 17%. Then saying how that he can't get everyone of them to take personal responsibilty to care for their own lives is completely wrong. I know he was just trying to talk to his supporters and all that, however the fact is that this video did come and out and so is a big deal. Then how he was saying it too, and just his tone of it really makes you see what he thinks of people who might be hurting for money. Its just not good at all. Shoot the only republicans who will say that this is not that big of a deal, is the ones who just want to try to believe it is not a big deal because this could be something that could hurt the guy they are wanting to win.

I disagree. I think that some who actually do not do much investigating or much reading on policies take sound bites and form an opinion. This MAY sway some of those who couldn't tell you which side has what policy.

My feeling is that at least 80% of the undecideds haven't started paying attention yet. This will be long gone by the time they start paying attention.

One of the fascinating aspects of the whole "47%" issue is that there are many, many in that group who are there largely as a result of the EITC. The biggest expansion of which was under the auspices of the Reagan Tax Reform Act of 1986.

The current incarnation of the Republican party seems to have made a 180 degree turn. What was once seen as a noble thing - incentivizing people to work at relatively low-income jobs - now has created a nation of victimized parasites.

These programs were supposed to be a "hand-up". But some people want someone else to do all the pulling.