Doh! Romney does it again

I'm not staunch anything and I couldn't care less about his comments. He was playing to the room when he thought he wasn't being recorded. We've always heard actions speak louder then words. Look at Romney's track record for helping people. Why don't we hear more about that from Mother Jones?

Also why is this just coming out? This was recorded in May.

It is coming out now, instead of an "October Surprise" type thing because of the race being extremely close at this point.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is coming out now, instead of an "October Surprise" type thing because of the race being extremely close at this point.
And I believe with the momentum coming out of the convention, this is a chance for the President to trounce on the competition and widen the gap even more.

You hit on an interesting point (at least to me).

I contend Mr Romney is taking the same (failed) path as Sen McCain. He is not being his true self. He's trying to appeal to the far right of the party when, in reality, that's not him or his policies.

I disagree. True Conservatism always wins. Sen McCain was far from being a true Conservative. His whole campaign was like a big, long concession speech, he desrved to lose. If Romney sticks with True Conservatism instead of being a wishy washy moderate, he will win in my opinion.

I contend Mr Romney is taking the same (failed) path as Sen McCain. He is not being his true self. He's trying to appeal to the far right of the party when, in reality, that's not him or his policies.

My question is: How do we know the "true self" of Mitt Romney?

And to be clear, I believe he would have more success sticking to his moderate history.

Is his fear that people would see he is closer Obama than people want him to be?

Right siders are not going to vote for President Obama no matter who the R is. I don't think Mr Romney is very close to President Obama other than his history re: health insurance.

I disagree. True Conservatism always wins. Sen McCain was far from being a true Conservative. His whole campaign was like a big, long concession speech, he desrved to lose. If Romney sticks with True Conservatism instead of being a wishy washy moderate, he will win in my opinion.

It didn't do well for Goldwater in '64.