Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doh! Romney does it again

Featured Replies

"The overwhelming majority" are freeloaders who want handouts? Give me a break. The vast majority of folks I know that support the President are working members of the middle class who believe that Candidate Romney's beliefs are not in line with their own.

 

While there should be honest debate about the sustainability of entitlement programs in their current incarnations; this is the WORST possible way to present it. Very much an "I don't care about them" attitude.

 

Political suicide for Candidate Romney, IMHO.

That's not what he said. His point was there are 47% of people in this country he has little hope of winning over with tax policy.
  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely considering how weak Obama is as a leader. Otherwise Romney wouldn't be as close as he is.

 

So you believe undecideds will choose Mr Romney is he does not offer any details?

Otherwise Romney wouldn't be as close as he is.

 

I was telling someone today that both sides are saying "If we can't beat THAT guy...."

I was telling someone today that both sides are saying "If we can't beat THAT guy...."

 

:laugh:

  • Author

edit

Edited by 2 Humped Camel
I'm an idiot lol

I want to see your medical card.
I LOL'd HARD!!!
I provide health care for those recipients every day. I have no idea what percentage they are of the whole, but I can assure you, they have no desire to get off of welfare, nor change the system.

 

I have offered positions to a few individuals the past couple of years, that have declined, telling me they are on unemployment and don't really need the job. These are labor jobs that pay 15+ an hour, with full benefits. Unreal

The problem is that welfare, in MOST cases, is a stop gap measure, used for help. People who depend on it live crappy lives and don't want to live on it. Why would they vote for someone who most on here say wants them to stay. They would vote for folks who would change the system.

 

The other problem is that the 47% are primarily the elderly and children..

 

Your logic makes sense to me,but it doesn't hold water with those on the government dole. I know people on welfare, I had a person quit my employ recently because he could live better on welfare than he could working. So I wasn't paying enough?? Well, mainly the person only wanted to work about 3 days a week. People only want the system changed so that they get more without working (any harder).

It is not just people on welfare that Romney is referring to....there are many people who run businesses that vote democrat because when the democrats are in there are government projects which benefit them. The pork barrel is alive and well. Additionally, the unions support the democrats, as they have for many years. However, the strengthening of labor unions is 100% counter intuitive to what our manufacturers need to become more competitive, but this is why the AFL-CIO invested 80 mio in Obama's campaign last election.

 

Historically, the democrats were known to be the party of labor unions and the other special interest groups and the republicans middle america. The democrats want to push so that the republican were are perceived to favor the evil rich and corporations. The overwhelming fact is that there are more special interest groups now than anything else....so combined, quite a big block...but also quite a burder to fulfill. And the democrats are joking if they don't claim their upper 1% just like the republicans.

That's not what he said. His point was there are 47% of people in this country he has little hope of winning over with tax policy.

 

Unless quoted incorrectly, here's what he said:

 

"dependent on government" and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing"

 

 

A couple more insertions of silver foot in mouth equivalent to this and I believe Candidate Romney's chances of winning are close to nil. The elitist attitude plays well in some circles ($50K donors in Boca Raton; BGP), but may wind up costing him dearly. His campaign is already trying to do damage control on this one.

Rather Romney be quoted saying what he thinks than listening to the lies coming out of the White House mouths trying to please a few and deceive the many.

Unless quoted incorrectly, here's what he said:

 

"dependent on government" and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing"

 

 

A couple more insertions of silver foot in mouth equivalent to this and I believe Candidate Romney's chances of winning are close to nil. The elitist attitude plays well in some circles ($50K donors in Boca Raton; BGP), but may wind up costing him dearly. His campaign is already trying to do damage control on this one.

This will have zero effect on the election.
Unless quoted incorrectly, here's what he said:

 

"dependent on government" and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing"

 

 

A couple more insertions of silver foot in mouth equivalent to this and I believe Candidate Romney's chances of winning are close to nil. The elitist attitude plays well in some circles ($50K donors in Boca Raton; BGP), but may wind up costing him dearly. His campaign is already trying to do damage control on this one.

Did you listen to the whole tape or just read the partial quotes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.