Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doh! Romney does it again

Featured Replies

WOW. Ole Mitt told the truth.. I guess the Obama supporters aren't used to that.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The overwhelming majority" are freeloaders who want handouts? Give me a break. The vast majority of folks I know that support the President are working members of the middle class who believe that Candidate Romney's beliefs are not in line with their own.

 

While there should be honest debate about the sustainability of entitlement programs in their current incarnations; this is the WORST possible way to present it. Very much an "I don't care about them" attitude.

 

Political suicide for Candidate Romney, IMHO.

"The overwhelming majority" are freeloaders who want handouts? Give me a break. The vast majority of folks I know that support the President are working members of the middle class who believe that Candidate Romney's beliefs are not in line with their own.

 

While there should be honest debate about the sustainability of entitlement programs in their current incarnations; this is the WORST possible way to present it. Very much an "I don't care about them" attitude.

 

Political suicide for Candidate Romney, IMHO.

 

I agree it is not the greatest moment for Romney. What he could have said is that most of the people who are on the government take are Obama supporters.

Like Candidate Obama uttering his "clinging to guns and religion" line the "I don't care about them" is manna from heaven for the Obama campaign. It will show up in ads somewhere close to the election.

 

And before anyone loses their mind and tells me that's not what he meant , I agree. I know he was talking from a strategy standpoint. However, as we know intent (they didn't build that) is not what people campaign on.

Add this Politico article yesterday that details the bickering and complaining within the campaign. We all know that it happens but rarely do we hear people who are still on the campaign killing the campaign manager.

 

Mr Romney's main issue is relatability and details. He's struggled with both. Can he overcome that?

 

Inside the campaign: How Mitt Romney stumbled - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

If I read the article correctly the % is correct since 2009 due to the economic downturn. Before 2009 only 40% didn't pay taxes. Is that correct?

 

1. Yes. The number is closer to 40%.

2. However, most assume those people are paying no taxes. That's not the case.

3. Most picture a free-loader and ignore than many are old and many are simply really poor to losing a job.

 

We often hear people denounce racial politics. This "freeloader" mantra is the same IMO.

There is a difference between people who don't pay taxes because their income is insufficient to trigger taxation and those that shelter their taxable income in off shore accounts.

I want to hear Ole Mitt say "Yes we can!" when we ask him to show us his tax returns. :popcorn:
I want to see your medical card.
The problem is that welfare, in MOST cases, is a stop gap measure, used for help. People who depend on it live crappy lives and don't want to live on it. Why would they vote for someone who most on here say wants them to stay. They would vote for folks who would change the system.

 

The other problem is that the 47% are primarily the elderly and children..

 

Please define MOST. And also how long is stop gap??

I want to hear Ole Mitt say "Yes we can!" when we ask him to show us his tax returns. :popcorn:

 

Now that is a mature response. I guess this is the Liberal version of the birther movement. I have to say they are equally lame. President Obama provided his birth certificate and Romney provided the tax returns he was required. If I was Romney, I would have provided more. We have to concentrate on more important issues and not focus on trivia.

Add this Politico article yesterday that details the bickering and complaining within the campaign. We all know that it happens but rarely do we hear people who are still on the campaign killing the campaign manager.

 

Mr Romney's main issue is relatability and details. He's struggled with both. Can he overcome that?

Inside the campaign: How Mitt Romney stumbled - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

 

Absolutely considering how weak Obama is as a leader. Otherwise Romney wouldn't be as close as he is.

What did Romeny say that wasn't true?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.