Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doh! Romney does it again

Featured Replies

  • Author
This will have zero effect on the election.

 

I think we agree on something for once. The election was over anyway as Romney is losing in every swing state but one, this may make the lose a bigger one but he'd already lost.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we agree on something for once. The election was over anyway as Romney is losing in every swing state but one, this may make the lose a bigger one but he'd already lost.

 

Says who? You do realize that Mondale had the lead in September?

Did you listen to the whole tape or just read the partial quotes?

 

I'm on your side but the entire tape will not be the headline. The mainstream media will play the parts they want people to hear. With that said I don't think this will have a ton of impact in 6 weeks. If Romney can clearly define an economic plan people believe in he can win, if not he can't and we are stuck with 4 more years of crap.

Mr. Romney steps in it again.

 

Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government'

 

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

 

I'm not so sure I don't agree with him.

I'm on your side but the entire tape will not be the headline. The mainstream media will play the parts they want people to hear. With that said I don't think this will have a ton of impact in 6 weeks. If Romney can clearly define an economic plan people believe in he can win, if not he can't and we are stuck with 4 more years of crap.

Agreed. Anyone that is offended by what Romney said was never going to vote for Romney anyway. This will have ZERO effect on the election. Romney will have his chance to win this election during the debates and he has to come up with a better message then he currently has.

So you believe undecideds will choose Mr Romney is he does not offer any details?

 

You asked if he could overcome it. The answer is yes.

 

I have no idea how undecideds will choose. However, they've chosen in the past without having details. Our current leader was chosen based on hope and change, not on details.

  • Author
Says who? You do realize that Mondale had the lead in September?

 

That liberal rag, the Washington Post new poll released today shows Romney down 8 points in VA. Plust there's this written before the video, I'm curious as to what it will be next week...

 

Why Mitt Romney Has the Worst Favorability Ratings in Memory - The Daily Beast

 

In short, Romney is the only nominee since at least 1988 who, after three straight days of balloons, banners, and fawning speeches on primetime TV, couldn’t manage to convince more voters to like him than dislike him.

Says who? You do realize that Mondale had the lead in September?

 

Did he really? Hadn't heard that but of course he didn't have the power of incumbency. I guess the debates settled that one also.

Keep thinking Mitt has a chance. Even the millions spent on this election couldn't bury Mitt any more than his own actions! Even Dan Quayle would have handled himself better!

I had two die hard Republicans today that told me... "I hate to say this, but even I can't vote for Rpmney now!" What he has done is destroy hopes of getting support from Hispanics or any group other than his shrinking base. Only 25% voted for him in the primaries anyway. The Seniors are scared to death of the boy candidate Ryan. Where is ole Mitt going to get the swing votes. Next poll Obama might be up 10% and Barry will kill ole Mitt in the debates. :banana:

Agreed. Anyone that is offended by what Romney said was never going to vote for Romney anyway. This will have ZERO effect on the election. Romney will have his chance to win this election during the debates and he has to come up with a better message then he currently has.
You are correct.

 

r.

Even the likes of The Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol are calling Candidate Romney's remarks "arrogant and stupid".

 

Links - too many to cite in one dialog box.

That liberal rag, the Washington Post new poll released today shows Romney down 8 points in VA. Plust there's this written before the video, I'm curious as to what it will be next week...

 

Why Mitt Romney Has the Worst Favorability Ratings in Memory - The Daily Beast

 

In short, Romney is the only nominee since at least 1988 who, after three straight days of balloons, banners, and fawning speeches on primetime TV, couldn’t manage to convince more voters to like him than dislike him.

 

Well shucks, I was hoping they would actually have the election in Novemeber, guess not. Take down your signs, don't even bother to go vote. Nancy Pelosi and a Newspaper have declared Obama the winner.

Did he really? Hadn't heard that but of course he didn't have the power of incumbency. I guess the debates settled that one also.

 

His post convention bounce put him a head briefly.

Did he really? Hadn't heard that but of course he didn't have the power of incumbency. I guess the debates settled that one also.

 

I don't think he's accurate.

 

reaganmondale.JPG

 

I also don't think the Reagan "came from behind" angle against Carter in 1980 is accurate either. While that one was a closer race, Reagan led most of the summer according to Gallup and Harris Interactive and all of October according to Harris that year (Carter actually saw a boost during the Iraq-Iran war which started in September as well). Historically, debates haven't mattered that much.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.