UKs 3pt streak meaningful or not

Pile Driver

It means absolutely nothing. To anyone other than rabid fans.

Obviously it means nothing in the grand scheme, but I don't think it is a rabid fan thing as much as it is, as humans, we are genetically programmed to love streaks. Ever tossed a ball back and forth and kept count how many times nobody dropped the ball? Given up something for Lent?

It is mentioned every game because it is interesting, not because it means a hill of beans.

It's pretty meaningless in that it doesn't really indicate anything about the team one way or the other. If you can score enough points in the paint to win, then why shot threes? That being said it is somewhat cool as a fan that you can say UK leads the nation in this. Once it's gone, I'm not going to keep up who would hold the longest current streak.

It's pretty meaningless in that it doesn't really indicate anything about the team one way or the other. If you can score enough points in the paint to win, then why shot threes? That being said it is somewhat cool as a fan that you can say UK leads the nation in this. Once it's gone, I'm not going to keep up who would hold the longest current streak.

Trust me, only UK fans know that Kentucky has it now anyway.

Trust me, only UK fans know that Kentucky has it now anyway.

Not sure how trustworthy you are since it is mentioned in nationally televised games for as long as I can remember. In essence, you are incorrect :D

Also interesting that while UK has this "record", Vandy and UNLV (I think) are part of an elite group that have hit a three pointer each game since the three point line was introduced.

Not sure how trustworthy you are since it is mentioned in nationally televised games for as long as I can remember. In essence, you are incorrect :D

Also interesting that while UK has this "record", Vandy and UNLV (I think) are part of an elite group that have hit a three pointer each game since the three point line was introduced.

So UK’s streak predates the three-point line? No wonder the Cats got to 2k before everyone else.