The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

LRCW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both of the pitchers in Chicago had awkward pitching mechanics and everyone said they were bound to have arm problems much the same as Scott Williamson did here a few years back.
Bull. I'm sure the high pitch counts had nothing to do with it ...

I would love to hear the Dusty supporters justify Chapman facing Pujols with Masset just watching. Coco is still the closer and Bray should still be the lefty used if you are going to start that inning with a lefty. I'll be patiently waiting.

Take a look at Masset and Ondrusek's career numbers vs. Pujols, Holiday, and Berkman, then get back to me.

Take a look at Masset and Ondrusek's career numbers vs. Pujols, Holiday, and Berkman, then get back to me.

Take a look at how good they've been their entire career. Chapman has been used how many times in a 1 run game in the 8th in his career? Take a look at what Masset's numbers are as the 8th inning guy. Take a look at what Masset has done for the last two months and remind yourself that Chapman was demoted not too long ago and get back to me.

Take a look at how good they've been their entire career. Chapman has been used how many times in a 1 run game in the 8th in his career? Take a look at what Masset's numbers are as the 8th inning guy. Take a look at what Masset has done for the last two months and remind yourself that Chapman was demoted not too long ago and get back to me.

There's no chance I put in a guy who's best average against the three big dogs in the Cards lineup is roughly .350. Pujols was hitting roughly .500 against him, and Holiday and Berkman are over .350. No chance I put him against those three. If he had only faced them each once or twice, maybe so, but they've had 10+ ABs against him, and owned him.

You can argue Chapman wasn't the right guy, but he sure as heck was a better option than either Ondrusek or Masset there.

There's no chance I put in a guy who's best average against the three big dogs in the Cards lineup is roughly .350. Pujols was hitting roughly .500 against him, and Holiday and Berkman are over .350. No chance I put him against those three. If he had only faced them each once or twice, maybe so, but they've had 10+ ABs against him, and owned him.

You can argue Chapman wasn't the right guy, but he sure as heck was a better option than either Ondrusek or Masset there.

Why? Masset is their best pitcher out of the pen. What is his role on the team if he's not going to face the toughest right handed (or left handed for that matter) batters in the 8th inning of a 1 run game when he is completely rested? Chapman hasn't faced those guys much at all and he's had control issues this season. We are going to say Chapman was good for 7 games so he's the better option even though his ERA is over 5.00 this year and Masset's is around 3.00? Chapman was so ineffective at times this season that he was sent to the minors. Masset has been their best reliever for 2 seasons. To me it's an absolute no brainer. As much as Dusty pays attention to righty/righty and lefty/lefty it was a head scratcher. Also wasn't it very apparent Chapman didn't have his best stuff when he walked the leadoff batter of the inning and could only throw strikes around 95 mph? When he was around 99 he wasn't near the zone.

Why? Masset is their best pitcher out of the pen. What is his role on the team if he's not going to face the toughest right handed (or left handed for that matter) batters in the 8th inning of a 1 run game when he is completely rested? Chapman hasn't faced those guys much at all and he's had control issues this season. We are going to say Chapman was good for 7 games so he's the better option even though his ERA is over 5.00 this year and Masset's is around 3.00? Chapman was so ineffective at times this season that he was sent to the minors. Masset has been their best reliever for 2 seasons. To me it's an absolute no brainer. As much as Dusty pays attention to righty/righty and lefty/lefty it was a head scratcher. Also wasn't it very apparent Chapman didn't have his best stuff when he walked the leadoff batter of the inning and could only throw strikes around 95 mph? When he was around 99 he wasn't near the zone.

He hasn't been able to get Albert out his whole career, why would anyone logically think he would all of a sudden have it figured out in a pressure situation?

Like I said, I have no problem questioning Chapman being in there, but he was definitely a better option than Masset or Ondrusek with the situation.

He hasn't been able to get Albert out his whole career, why would anyone logically think he would all of a sudden have it figured out in a pressure situation?

Like I said, I have no problem questioning Chapman being in there, but he was definitely a better option than Masset or Ondrusek with the situation.

Actually Masset has got Pujols out more often than Pujols has got a hit off him. :D I was traveling home from Florida yesterday, so I didn't get to see or hear the game. I looked at the stats, and it looks like Bailey was dominating the Cards yesterday, and was below 90 pitches when he was pulled. Any comments during the game on why he was pulled so early? The only thing I can think of is that Dusty didn't want to take a chance on Bailey giving up a two run homer, and take the loss after pitching so well. Did Bailey looked ticked when Dusty removed him from the game?

Actually Masset has got Pujols out more often than Pujols has got a hit off him. :D I was traveling home from Florida yesterday, so I didn't get to see or hear the game. I looked at the stats, and it looks like Bailey was dominating the Cards yesterday, and was below 90 pitches when he was pulled. Any comments during the game on why he was pulled so early? The only thing I can think of is that Dusty didn't want to take a chance on Bailey giving up a two run homer, and take the loss after pitching so well. Did Bailey looked ticked when Dusty removed him from the game?

It was pretty hot yesterday. Maybe that played a role.