The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

LRCW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to hear the Dusty supporters justify Chapman facing Pujols with Masset just watching. Coco is still the closer and Bray should still be the lefty used if you are going to start that inning with a lefty. I'll be patiently waiting.

Just no excuse that he can give for that decision in the situation the Reds are sitting in this weekend. We all know what he will say that he wanted to give Chapman confidence against the team he struggled with a few games back. Well guess what it was "NOT" the place to do it.

Okay it's the second inning and Rolen hitting 6th leads off with a double. With Lewis up you would think Dusty bunts him to 3rd for Hernandez to try to score him with 1 out. He lets Lewis hit and he grounds out to short. Why did Dusty who always bunts the runner over not do this with his ace on the mound and try to get a 2 run lead early?

Think it through. If he bunts Lewis, what happens next ....

Let's say Lewis puts down a good bunt and yes, Rolen gets to third with one out. Hernandez up. What now? ...

Is it possible LaRussa just pitches around Hernandez, or even walks him? Then who is up .... Cueto ..... hmmmmm. So you bunted Lewis to get to Cueto?

I am with Dusty on that one. I would much prefer giving Lewis a shot at getting a hit, or at least pulling the ball so Rolen gets to third, versus wasting an out.

Okay it's the second inning and Rolen hitting 6th leads off with a double. With Lewis up you would think Dusty bunts him to 3rd for Hernandez to try to score him with 1 out. He lets Lewis hit and he grounds out to short. Why did Dusty who always bunts the runner over not do this with his ace on the mound and try to get a 2 run lead early?
In the eighth inning, maybe ... not in the second.

Think it through. If he bunts Lewis, what happens next ....

Hernandez has more ways to score Rolen from third with less than 2 outs.

Let's say Lewis puts down a good bunt and yes, Rolen gets to third with one out. Hernandez up. What now? ...

If they walk him then Cueto bats with 1 out. Maybe the top of the order gets up with 2 on and 2 outs.

Is it possible LaRussa just pitches around Hernandez, or even walks him? Then who is up .... Cueto ..... hmmmmm. So you bunted Lewis to get to Cueto?

Maybe he does pitch around him but make him make that decision. Cueto may not be a good hitter but he never gets cheated and he will hustle anything out.

I am with Dusty on that one. I would much prefer giving Lewis a shot at getting a hit, or at least pulling the ball so Rolen gets to third, versus wasting an out.

My point on this was that Dusty usually will bunt the man over no matter what the inning with the bottom of the order.

In the eighth inning, maybe ... not in the second.

That usually doesn't matter with Dusty and the bottom of the order. However I would try my darndest to get Cueto a 2 run lead to work with at that point. With any other pitcher on the staff I say let Lewis hit away.

I would love to hear the Dusty supporters justify Chapman facing Pujols with Masset just watching. Coco is still the closer and Bray should still be the lefty used if you are going to start that inning with a lefty. I'll be patiently waiting.

Just no excuse that he can give for that decision in the situation the Reds are sitting in this weekend. We all know what he will say that he wanted to give Chapman confidence against the team he struggled with a few games back. Well guess what it was "NOT" the place to do it.

That one I can only explain by guessing Dusty wanted to have Chapman perform and set him up as a second setup man for the second half of the season. Strategy wise, I am with you two on that one. I can see having Chapman face Rasmus (lefty). But once he got on, Masset has to come in to face Pujols with Holliday on deck.

That one I can only explain by guessing Dusty wanted to have Chapman perform and set him up as a second setup man for the second half of the season. Strategy wise, I am with you two on that one. I can see having Chapman face Rasmus (lefty). But once he got on, Masset has to come in to face Pujols with Holliday on deck.

Exactly. You don't build Chapman's confidence by having him face Pujols after walking a guy wit Masset watching.

And apparently he learned from that. I think Dusty has done a very good job handling the Reds' young pitchers.
Well lets see, how many has went out with arm problems and/or other issues with Dusty here.....a few at one time or another. I am not saying all were/are toothpicks fault, just that our young pitching has had their arm problems as well and it makes me wonder. Also, some of his pitching moves are just unbelievable, the man imo cannot handle pitchers in any capacity.

Apparently the Montana fresh air didn't help his decision making any.
Maybe he got a hold of some of that stuff that made John Denver "Rocky Mountain High" :sssh: :lol:

The more that toothpick tries to show how good a manager he is, the more he shows how bad he really is. I wish that someone would hide whatever stat book that he tries to make his moves according to and replace it with a "Managing baseball team for Dummies" manual! lol

Please Dusty.........quit trying to prove that you are a good manager and put a consistent lineup on the field and let them play!!

Well lets see, how many has went out with arm problems and/or other issues with Dusty here.....a few at one time or another. I am not saying all were/are toothpicks fault, just that our young pitching has had their arm problems as well and it makes me wonder. Also, some of his pitching moves are just unbelievable, the man imo cannot handle pitchers in any capacity.

That is just the nature of pitching in the big leagues. Every single team in baseball has pitchers go on the DL with arm problems every season. You can't point a finger at Dusty just because a pitcher goes on the DL. Homer has been on the DL twice and they have been very cautious with him. That has nothing to do with Dusty. The past is the past and you can't hold that against someone unless you see the same things from the past happening today ... and they aren't.

That is just the nature of pitching in the big leagues. Every single team in baseball has pitchers go on the DL with arm problems every season. You can't point a finger at Dusty just because a pitcher goes on the DL. Homer has been on the DL twice and they have been very cautious with him. That has nothing to do with Dusty. The past is the past and you can't hold that against someone unless you see the same things from the past happening today ... and they aren't.

This is probably one of the few things that I agree about when it comes to Dusty's managing. Both of the pitchers in Chicago had awkward pitching mechanics and everyone said they were bound to have arm problems much the same as Scott Williamson did here a few years back. If anything I think that maybe they baby the Red's pitchers too much and don't stretch them out enough to where they can go deep into games. I have no problem with Dusty letting pitchers throw too many pitches just sometimes leaving a starter or reliever in a little long bothers me.

I am not necessarily pointing the finger at Dusty, I said that in the post. I am just saying that imo he has a history of ruining pitchers.