The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

LRCW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I hear of a better replacement I'd maybe think about considering jumping on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately there are a lot of good young manager prospects out there that will never get the chance to manage in the "Bigs". I can't name any off the top of my head but for some odd reason management of a lot of teams are reluctant to give them a shot.

OK, I am going to be the Dusty supporter that you all can take shots at and I will defend him. Overall, I think he has done a great job...best manager the Reds have had since Davey Johnson. That being said, pitching Cordero yesterday was a bad move. :lol:

(Hey, even the best managers make mistakes :D)

Weak. Talent prevails. They produce, he's a good manager. They lay an egg, he's a bad manager.

So managers have nothing to do with winning and losing? Why do they have them then?

He got a lot of credit when they were winning last year.

So managers have nothing to do with winning and losing? Why do they have them then?

He got a lot of credit when they were winning last year.

Where did I say that?

Obviously, they have an impact but when you give guys a chance and they don't get it done, who's to blame?

Where did I say that?

Obviously, they have an impact but when you give guys a chance and they don't get it done, who's to blame?

The guy that used an over used pitcher when he had healthy alternatives. Or the guy that caused the closer to be over used by pitching him with a 5 run lead the day after being lit up like a christmas tree while throwing 31 pitches. By the way that guy is the same guy. He also earlier in the series had Stubbs get caught stealing on a pitchout down a run the pitch after the entire infield and a coach had a meeting at the mound to discuss a pitchout. If not for Weeks being a terrible defender that would have also taken the bat out of Votto's hands in the 9th. That Votto guy is pretty good. I'm pretty sure you do everything you can to get him swings down a run in the 9th. Not jeopardize his getting an AB or being walked if he does get an AB.

The guy that used an over used pitcher when he had healthy alternatives. Or the guy that caused the closer to be over used by pitching him with a 5 run lead the day after being lit up like a christmas tree while throwing 31 pitches. By the way that guy is the same guy. He also earlier in the series had Stubbs get caught stealing on a pitchout down a run the pitch after the entire infield and a coach had a meeting at the mound to discuss a pitchout. If not for Weeks being a terrible defender that would have also taken the bat out of Votto's hands in the 9th. That Votto guy is pretty good. I'm pretty sure you do everything you can to get him swings down a run in the 9th. Not jeopardize his getting an AB or being walked if he does get an AB.

Guy gets lit up and you want to get him out there as quickly as possible. Especially with a 5 run lead. I'd say most MLB managers would've done that.

I'd be surprised if Stubbs ever gets a steal sign. Heck, good high school baserunners have the green light. Stubbs knew he needed to get to 2nd.

Again, players aren't getting it done and you want to blame the manager.

Meanwhile, the manager makes quite a few right decisions...unnoticed.

How about the move to send Volquez down and bring up Willis to pitch yesterday? That was a good move wasn't it? How about bringing up Cozart? Not as fast as everyone wanted but Dusty did send down a veteran and is playing the rookie. I am sure we could list a lot of good moves Dusty has made if we wanted to.

Well The Reds are at best an average team when it comes to 1-run games and that even goes back to last year when everyone was praising Dusty as manager. Maybe it's a mixture of managing and the lack of a consistent closer to get the job done.

Guy gets lit up and you want to get him out there as quickly as possible. Especially with a 5 run lead. I'd say most MLB managers would've done that.

I'd be surprised if Stubbs ever gets a steal sign. Heck, good high school baserunners have the green light. Stubbs knew he needed to get to 2nd.

Again, players aren't getting it done and you want to blame the manager.

Meanwhile, the manager makes quite a few right decisions...unnoticed.

Show me any other manager this year that sent their closer into the game with a 5 run lead when he pitched over 30 pitches the night before. It's even worse that they had a game the next day.

Dusty said after the game that he sent him. The question was specifically asked did he go on his own or did you send him. "No I sent him that's why it's called stealing"

Coco was in a bad spot yesterday and he was put there by his manager.