Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Author
When you start a thread to fire the manager, you're putting it on him, whether you mean to or not.

 

Likewise, I am not of the belief that every decision he has made is the correct call. However, like everyone knows, if they turn out he looks like a genius. There are times when everything points to making a move and it doesn't work out. I would think that if he's that bad of a manager that you'd hear grumblings from players that have played for some pretty good managers, success-wise. I can't recall more than one time a player saying something and I think it was Hanigan.

 

 

Don't get me wrong. I still want him gone. :D And I'll let Bob C know tomorrow if I see him in the Stadium Club tomorrow night when my family and I are enjoying all the free food. :lol:

  • Replies 436
  • Views 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't made an excuse. I'm being realistic. Manager's, coaches, and players screw up the count on occasion. It's not a mistake it's reality. You're acting like he's the only manager to do that. There has been more talk on here about the few decisions Dusty has made, that hasn't worked out, than any player that's not getting it done.

 

This IS Dusty's thread.

This IS Dusty's thread.

 

"On here"...as in...BGP.

  • Author

Dusty once again shows he has no idea when a pitcher is done. Leake at 103 pitches before the inning even started. I guess Dusty must think the bullpen was spent since Ondrusek and Bray had last night off, and Masset and Chapman combined for 13 pitches. Keep up the good work Dusty.

Dusty once again shows he has no idea when a pitcher is done. Leake at 103 pitches before the inning even started. I guess Dusty must think the bullpen was spent since Ondrusek and Bray had last night off, and Masset and Chapman combined for 13 pitches. Keep up the good work Dusty.

 

Pen looks good...

  • Author
Pen looks good...

 

 

Pen should have started the inning.

Dusty once again shows he has no idea when a pitcher is done. Leake at 103 pitches before the inning even started. I guess Dusty must think the bullpen was spent since Ondrusek and Bray had last night off, and Masset and Chapman combined for 13 pitches. Keep up the good work Dusty.

 

I honestly think he should have kept Leake in longer than he should, since let him start the inning. Even though Leake allowed guys to get on 1st and 3rd, I would have taken my chances with him because he is a ground ball pitcher. Which at that time, we needed a ground ball double play.

Pen should have started the inning.

 

Leake wasn't hit hard in the inning. Pen was...

I honestly think he should have kept Leake in longer than he should, since let him start the inning. Even though Leake allowed guys to get on 1st and 3rd, I would have taken my chances with him because he is a ground ball pitcher. Which at that time, we needed a ground ball double play.

 

I'm with LCRW, Leake was gassed. In that heat, after throwing 103 pitches no reason not to go Chapman, Massett, Cordero 7-8-9.

Leake wasn't hit hard in the inning. Pen was...

 

He did get away with that rocket of a double that was called foul incorrectly. It should have been 2nd and 3rd with 1 out instead of 1st and 3rd.

  • Author
Leake wasn't hit hard in the inning. Pen was...

 

Leake was done. Management is always talking about keeping his innings down, but Dusty runs him back out in the 7th when he's already at 103 pitches. Dusty has no clue when to take out a pitcher.

  • Author

Reyes hits nearly 50 points lower for LHP. You start the inning with Bray or Chapman, and take your chances.

He did get away with that rocket of a double that was called foul incorrectly. It should have been 2nd and 3rd with 1 out instead of 1st and 3rd.

 

Foul ball in the books, right???

  • Author
Foul ball in the books, right???

 

Does that take away the fact that the ball was hard hit?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.