The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

LRCW

Actually Masset has got Pujols out more often than Pujols has got a hit off him. :D I was traveling home from Florida yesterday, so I didn't get to see or hear the game. I looked at the stats, and it looks like Bailey was dominating the Cards yesterday, and was below 90 pitches when he was pulled. Any comments during the game on why he was pulled so early? The only thing I can think of is that Dusty didn't want to take a chance on Bailey giving up a two run homer, and take the loss after pitching so well. Did Bailey looked ticked when Dusty removed him from the game?

:lol: You know what I meant.

I'd say with a 2-1 lead and a runner on 1st, Dusty didn't want to take any chances with Bailey. I didn't have an issue with it. And yeah, Homer was not happy about being pulled.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He hasn't been able to get Albert out his whole career, why would anyone logically think he would all of a sudden have it figured out in a pressure situation?

Like I said, I have no problem questioning Chapman being in there, but he was definitely a better option than Masset or Ondrusek with the situation.

Because Masset is their best relief pitcher and their best option in the 8th inning if Cordero is the closer.

Should CoCo never pitch again against the Brewers? McGehee is .625, Cotsay is .500, Morgan is .325, and Weeks and Braun are both .300 lifetime against him. I'm guessing since he's the closer the next time they have a lead in the 9th inning CoCo gets the ball and rightfully so because that's his role. How many times has Chapman entered a game in the 8th inning with a 1 run lead in his entire career?

Actually Masset has got Pujols out more often than Pujols has got a hit off him. :D I was traveling home from Florida yesterday, so I didn't get to see or hear the game. I looked at the stats, and it looks like Bailey was dominating the Cards yesterday, and was below 90 pitches when he was pulled. Any comments during the game on why he was pulled so early? The only thing I can think of is that Dusty didn't want to take a chance on Bailey giving up a two run homer, and take the loss after pitching so well. Did Bailey looked ticked when Dusty removed him from the game?

I thought he should have been hit for in the bottom of the 7th with a guy on first and one out and a 1 run lead, but I wouldn't call either move in that situation dumb. I was surprised how quickly he got the hook though after being allowed to hit.

Because Masset is their best relief pitcher and their best option in the 8th inning if Cordero is the closer.

Should CoCo never pitch again against the Brewers? McGehee is .625, Cotsay is .500, Morgan is .325, and Weeks and Braun are both .300 lifetime against him. I'm guessing since he's the closer the next time they have a lead in the 9th inning CoCo gets the ball and rightfully so because that's his role. How many times has Chapman entered a game in the 8th inning with a 1 run lead in his entire career?

And if he brought Masset in and he gave up a bomb to Pujols you'd be battling EZ for first in line to rip Dusty for putting Masset in there when he's been so bad against those guys for his career. It's always a lose lose situation with you guys and Dusty. :lol:

And if he brought Masset in and he gave up a bomb to Pujols you'd be battling EZ for first in line to rip Dusty for putting Masset in there when he's been so bad against those guys for his career. It's always a lose lose situation with you guys and Dusty. :lol:

That is completely false. If guys blow leads in their roles I wouldn't complain. I don't think Coco is that great but he is their closer and I'm fine with that. If he blows a game 99% of the time I wouldn't say anything about Dusty. The only time I've ever complained about Dusty using Cordero was last Sunday when he shouldn't have been used the game before with a 5 run lead. If Masset is the 8th inning guy use him there. Chapman is a floater that was only put into 2 or 3 tight games in over a month and one was because he was the absolute last guy available in an extra inning game. Masset has proven to be the 8th inning guy and their best relief pitcher. I also said Chapman was clearly not sharp because he walked a guy and could only throw strikes whenhe backed it off and thre 94-95.

Well your stat is pointless, it's 2 at bats.

I was joking. It was still dumb to use a guy that they didn't trust a month ago to even pitch in the big leagues to go in the 8th. My guess is Pujols, Holliday and Berkman have good numbers against a lot of guys and they'll put up decent numbers against Chapman eventually too. They're pretty good.

Stubbs CF

Cozart SS

Votto 1B

Phillips 2B

Cairo 3B

Heisey RF

Lewis LF

Hanigan C

Leake P

No Bruce....:idunno:

No Gomes? JPU hit 2 bombs of McDonald back in April when the Reds beat the Pirates 11-3.