The Official Fire Dusty Thread.

LRCW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're thinking about calling it why not on 2-1? Why wait until 3-1?

Because it is more likely you will get a strike to bunt on 3-1 than 2-1 - and getting a strike to bunt is critical when calling for a suicide squeeze. Criticism justified on not knowing the count but don't push it by looking for reasons to knock Dusty. No offense, but there is no debate at all IMO that you would rather suicide on 3-1 than 2-1.

There isn't one manager EVER that hasn't screwed up the count before. If you need a scapegoat though, I'm sure Dusty will wear it.

I'm sure he's not the first. It's still laughable to defend the move.

I'm sure he's not the first. It's still laughable to defend the move.

The bolded proves that you're too bias to even discuss this with.

How is, "Should he have known the count, absolutely." defending it? It's the exact opposite, actually. What's laughable is that people are acting like that cost them the game.

1500 innings and roughly 22,000 pitches a year and he didn't know the count one time. And, anyone with a clue will tell you not to watch the scoreboard when you don't know the count. As soon as you do, it will be incorrect. There's a reason the players turn around and ask the ump for the count and not the big screen. Should he have known the count, absolutely.

This is why I've stayed out of the Reds threads this year. Gets old fast.......

You took a little longer than I though, but I knew I could count on you. Too bad BGP wasn't around when Vern Rapp was calling the shots. He could have used a friend like you in his corner.

You took a little longer than I though, but I knew I could count on you. Too bad BGP wasn't around when Vern Rapp was calling the shots. He could have used a friend like you in his corner.

This team's underachieving, plain and simple, if you're going to put that solely on the manager that's your right. I choose to look at the guys on the field before I put it on someone that has less of an impact on the game.

I can't think of a manager who would have more than 2-3 more wins with this team.

The bolded proves that you're too bias to even discuss this with.

How is, "Should he have known the count, absolutely." defending it? It's the exact opposite, actually. What's laughable is that people are acting like that cost them the game.

You're making excuses for an idiotic manager that makes idiotic decisions. Who are you talking about saying that cost them the game? I never said that, but it certainly didn't help.

You're making excuses for an idiotic cmanager that makes idiotic decisions. Who are you talking about saying that cost them the game? I never said that, but it certainly didn't help.

I haven't made an excuse. I'm being realistic. Manager's, coaches, and players screw up the count on occasion. It's not a mistake it's reality. You're acting like he's the only manager to do that. There has been more talk on here about the few decisions Dusty has made, that hasn't worked out, than any player that's not getting it done.

This team's underachieving, plain and simple, if you're going to put that solely on the manager that's your right. I choose to look at the guys on the field before I put it on someone that has less of an impact on the game.

I can't think of a manager who would have more than 2-3 more wins with this team.

I have never stated that Dusty is soley to blame for the Reds struggles this year. I just don't think he's a good fit for the Reds. I think that Dusty is very good at some aspects of the manager's job. The players seem to love him, and have his respect. I give him credit for that. I just think he's terrible at game management, and handling the pitching staff.

I haven't made an excuse. I'm being realistic. Manager's, coaches, and players screw up the count on occasion. It's not a mistake it's reality. You're acting like he's the only manager to do that. There has been more talk on here about the few decisions Dusty has made, that hasn't worked out, than any player that's not getting it done.

Saying every manager has messed up the count is an excuse. This is about Dusty's bad decisions. That's what will be talked about in here. Obviously some players are struggling. It doesn't help that their manager continues to not give them the best chance to win.

I have never stated that Dusty is soley to blame for the Reds struggles this year. I just don't think he's a good fit for the Reds. I think that Dusty is very good at some aspects of the manager's job. The players seem to love him, and have his respect. I give him credit for that. I just think he's terrible at game management, and handling the pitching staff.

When you start a thread to fire the manager, you're putting it on him, whether you mean to or not.

Likewise, I am not of the belief that every decision he has made is the correct call. However, like everyone knows, if they turn out he looks like a genius. There are times when everything points to making a move and it doesn't work out. I would think that if he's that bad of a manager that you'd hear grumblings from players that have played for some pretty good managers, success-wise. I can't recall more than one time a player saying something and I think it was Hanigan.

Saying every manager has messed up the count is an excuse. This is about Dusty's bad decisions. That's what will be talked about in here. Obviously some players are struggling. It doesn't help that their manager continues to not give them the best chance to win.

If this thread makes you guys feel better about lack of consistency from your closer, left fielder, right fielder, the 3rd base position, and until recently, SS...have at it.

If this thread makes you guys feel better about lack of consistency from your closer, left fielder, right fielder, the 3rd base position, and until recently, SS...have at it.

I've been out in front of the make a deal for offense not pitching talk. Clearly they aren't as good as people thought they would be. To me it's just as clear that their manager isn't good.

I've been out in front of the make a deal for offense not pitching talk. Clearly they aren't as good as people thought they would be. To me it's just as clear that their manager isn't good.

I'm with you on the offense. Again, I don't think he's been perfect but as VOR has stated, Dusty's inefficiencies are WAY down the list, IMO.