Track the Reds (Playoff Edition, Round 2)

LRCW

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what I'm saying is they have bounced back again and again even after a dreaded day off...

I just don't see it happening with the way the series sets up. If the Reds want to get out of this series they are now going to have to go through Halladay again. I don't see them pulling that one out. I hope I'm wrong and you are right GT.:thumb:

I just don't see it happening with the way the series sets up. If the Reds want to get out of this series they are now going to have to go through Halladay again. I don't see them pulling that one out. I hope I'm wrong and you are right GT.:thumb:

I'd take my chances on Halladay not being as sharp when the Reds face him again.

You got to tip your hat to Doc tonight. But like many said it's just one game. I have learned not to doubt the Reds this year, they bounce back better then anyone. Win Friday and it's a whole new series again. Got to be happy with the way the bullpen shut down the Phillies tonight too.

Ok, so after about 22 (no lie) adult beverages, I feel I'm in a good condition to post....The offense was embarrassing, but give it up to Doc, he flat out dealt....With that being said, I am sick and tired of hearing everyone (I know) complain about Dusty and Volquez. It wouldn't have mattered who he started tonight, Doc wasn't getting touched. Volquez got squeezed on a number of pitches, but he has to locate better. When game 4 comes around, and I'm guaranteeing it will, Wood will get the ball. Write it down, lock it up, no doubt.

The Reds win game 2 5-2, you heard it hear first (unless of course it was mentioned in the previous 4 pages of this thread, which I have yet to read).

SV, your posts are about as funny as your team is. It was the Braves, not the Reds that backed in to the post-season. Your childish comments shed some much needed light on to the rest of your "eccentric posts" in this and other threads. It allows posters to realize they can't take anything you say seriously as you've shown. What, oh what, will you do when your pathetic Braves get themselves embarrassed by the Giants?

If Volquez locates they're still playing. He had good stuff, just could only throw fastball's for a strike.

Volquez didn't pitch awful....A LOT of pitches Doc was getting, Voltron just flat out wasn't...Maybe he was missing by an inch or so, but it seemed like an entirely different zone innings 1-2 & the rest...

I bet on the Reds to win the series. They can beat Oswalt. I hope......

Not saying you're an idiot at all, just as a response to this post, but any idiot with half a brain would've bet on Cincy to win this series. The odds were too perfect not to. I still say Reds in 5.

Not saying you're an idiot at all, just as a response to this post, but any idiot with half a brain would've bet on Cincy to win this series. The odds were too perfect not to. I still say Reds in 5.

Well actually they were huge underdogs in game 1 and they are huge dogs in game 2 so unless you really thought they could win game 1 or 2 the smart bet if you could afford it was to lay the hammer on the Phillies.

If the Reds can bounce back from the August series against the Cardinals, they can bounce back here. Just 1 game. Same as a 10-9 loss.

I don't really understand why Gomes is in the lineup, let alone batting 5th. I'd go with a better defense, and save Gomes for a pinch hit AB.