Track the Reds (Playoff Edition, Round 2)

LRCW

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. He should have. Philly is really good. I hope the Reds see them first b/c SF is so good and winning 3 games is easier than 4 against them.

Winning 3 against the Phillies is easier than winning 4. Glad to see you've already given up on the Reds.

And that is what I'm saying. If they don't put this behind them then the series is over. They can't soak in it. They are a fairly young team that seems to follow the footsteps of the vets, Cabrara and Rolen. And we all know how the vets did today. I just don't like how the series sets up. Game 1, day off, game 2, day off then game 3. This series did not set up well for the loser of game 1.

And what I'm saying is they have bounced back again and again even after a dreaded day off...

I think you'll find a focused whiffle ball pitcher. Capable of saving the pen if he's on at all. Oswalt will be juiced, but after being embarassed, perhaps BP won't swing at every first pitch, perhaps Johnny popup won't screw himself in the ground on a breaking pitch. I just have a feeling that the boys will be ready. If not, look on the bright side. Hamels sucks too.

The bullpen isn't an issue at all. Chapman, Cordero, Rhodes & Masset are all still available.

The question is do you start Wood, Volquez or Bailey if there is a game 4?

Wood, and he's usually good thru 6. I'd have Bailey prepared for long relief tomorrow in the event our whiffle ball pitcher doesn't have it, similar to his adventure in Colorado.