Track the Reds (Playoff Edition, Round 2)

LRCW

Thanks Sv. That'll make our series REAL easy to handle.

Unfortunately the Reds found out tonight what plagued all these teams down the stretch, which is that the Phillies are darn near unbeatable right now. I just don't see anyone stopping them. I will continue to wish you luck, though clearly not all Braves fans will.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to give a little ribbing---but honestly besides Volquez's awful performance they came back and didn't look bad considering how good Doc was. Man, what a postseason debut.

I still can't help but wonder how things turn out had Cabrera not tried to be fancy with the force. Volquez should've been out of the second. Not that it would've mattered at 1-0 or 4-0, though.

Maybe so but the Braves haven't been hyped up as much as the Reds. Some of the Reds fans on here make it seem like the Reds were unbeatable and some actually wanted to play the Phillies. I mean come on....That tops anything I've ever said about the Braves.

Just a few I dug up in a couple of minutes. How much longer do you want me to search?

Who wins and why?

Braves in 4!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

On Adam Wainwright's comments about not losing another game the rest of the year.

Doubting he wins against the Braves. He will be lucky to win again this season.

I stand by the statement. A lot of great pitchers have had records and it not having anything to do with them. He faces these teams the rest of the way; Braves, Cubs (twice), Padres, Rockies.

I don't see him beating the Braves, or the Rockies. The way the Padres are playing I guess he could beat them and the Cubs you never know. Like I said though, making that kind of statement puts a lot of pressure on your defense and offense to back you up to make make that statement the truth. I still believe he should have said something else rather than make that bold of a prediction.

The Braves will win the division? How did that turn out?

I think for them to keep the division lead this long is saying something. I mean they have been banged up the entire year and still find ways to win. Yes they should be up a lot more right now but you could also say they shouldn't even be in the conversation, with a lot of their wins coming in the last AB.

I think they'll win the division .

Dusty set the tone in this game by starting Volquez. Against Halladay Reds knew they had to have a good pitched game and keep it close. Instead, he started a pitcher who is coming off Tommy John surgery and has been known to be wild as a buck. Wood who threw a near perfect game against the Phils and knowing the Phils are bad against LH rots in the bullpen. The Reds were down after the second inning. Dusty is terrible in close pressure packed games.

How many BAD pitches can one team swing at. ???????????

After six months I don't think that will change. Nothing that happened tonight was a surprise to me, although it is disappointing. While this team does score a lot of runs, in reality they just aren't great hitters when you absolutely have to put the ball in play.

Dusty set the tone in this game by starting Volquez. Against Halladay Reds knew they had to have a good pitched game and keep it close. Instead, he started a pitcher who is coming off Tommy John surgery and has been known to be wild as a buck. Wood who threw a near perfect game against the Phils and knowing the Phils are bad against LH rots in the bullpen. The Reds were down after the second inning. Dusty is terrible in close pressure packed games.

Maybe Dusty conceded that the Reds probably wouldn't be Halladay and wanted Arroyo (seemingly his best arm all season) for a chance to win Game 2?

I still can't help but wonder how things turn out had Cabrera not tried to be fancy with the force. Volquez should've been out of the second. Not that it would've mattered at 1-0 or 4-0, though.

He wasn't trying to be fancy. He couldn't get the ball out of his glove. He had to make a quick toss to even have a chance.

The replay never was clear, but did he have a shot at the runner going to 1st? I could never tell.

Like I said earlier he wouldn't have mattered if Dusty had started Paul Janish. The Reds didn't get a hit. Volquez was dominant his last 4 starts. Get over it.

I will say the same thing I have said after each tough loss all year. This team has shown time and time again they know how to bounce back from adversity with the best of 'em. Keep the eyes on the prize and bounce back again Reds!!!

Hope you're right GT. This one was embarrassing with a red hot poker!