Track the Reds (Playoff Edition, Round 2)

LRCW

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oswalt is 23-3 career against the Reds with a 2.81 ERA. 175 Ks to 56 walks in 218 innings

Arroyo is 1-5 career against the Phils with a 5.54 ERA in 8 career games

But what is their playoff record against each team? :D

Oswalt is 23-3 career against the Reds with a 2.81 ERA. 175 Ks to 56 walks in 218 innings

Arroyo is 1-5 career against the Phils with a 5.54 ERA in 8 career games

Oswalt has never lost a game in Citizens Bank Park. 9-0 with somewhere around a 2.10 ERA.:scared:

I thought the ump was giving Halladay the corners of the plate all day long while not recipricating that to the other side. Hence, Rolen's reaction. Volquez all season long has had a tendency to "lose control" when facing adversity and that is why I did not like him being picked to start game 1. The Reds have to get past this and move on.

All of this is yesterday. In baseball, you have to put yesterday behind you real quick. However, the Reds have an off day to soak in the wake of this and I do not think that helps them out.

All of this is yesterday. In baseball, you have to put yesterday behind you real quick. However, the Reds have an off day to soak in the wake of this and I do not think that helps them out.

Like when they had the All Star Break to soak in the Phillies sweep? Or that day off after the disaster St Louis series? They'll be fine... :D

Like when they had the All Star Break to soak in the Phillies sweep? Or that day off after the disaster St Louis series? They'll be fine... :D

Coming out of those disasters were the Phillies on the schedule? I'm pretty sure to get out of the no hit funk they have to beat Oswalt and Hamels.

Well, just got home. Dead uncle in law could have been in the lineup tonight and same result. Always tomorrow. If there's a silver lining, and no I didn't bother to wade thru all of this, it sounds as if the pen was stellar. Get's easier, Oswalt sucks.

And that is what I'm saying. If they don't put this behind them then the series is over. They can't soak in it. They are a fairly young team that seems to follow the footsteps of the vets, Cabrara and Rolen. And we all know how the vets did today. I just don't like how the series sets up. Game 1, day off, game 2, day off then game 3. This series did not set up well for the loser of game 1.