Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

This is why I respect his decision. While some would've stayed in Cleveland and hoped they could win a title to define their legacy, LBJ decided to go to the better TEAM. He understands what it takes and obviously one really good player isn't enough. He has put his legacy on the back burner to win a TEAM championship, kudos to him.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I respect his decision. While some would've stayed in Cleveland and hoped they could win a title to define their legacy, LBJ decided to go to the better TEAM. He understands what it takes and obviously one really good player isn't enough. He has put his legacy on the back burner to win a TEAM championship, kudos to him.

Not quite a "team" yet.

Exactly its a team sport and I think with the talent level in the NBA right now he just put his self in a better position to win a championship. I dont think Cleveland was going to bring in the talent level he has beside him right now and make sacrifices like Pat Riley is willing to make. Pat Riley is an all or nothing kinda leader so great decision for LJ imo

Exactly its a team sport and I think with the talent level in the NBA right now he just put his self in a better position to win a championship. I dont think Cleveland was going to bring in the talent level he has beside him right now and make sacrifices like Pat Riley is willing to make. Pat Riley is an all or nothing kinda leader so great decision for LJ imo

:lol: What sacrifice is Pat Riley making?

My initial thought as well. Winning a title or multiple titles in Miami won't enhance is legacy in the same way it would have had he done it in Cleveland.

Agreed. Of course, I no longer believe he was ever going to win one there, but absolutely, it would have been bigger in Cleveland.

Agreed. Of course, I no longer believe he was ever going to win one there, but absolutely, it would have been bigger in Cleveland.

His odds are definitely better with Wade and Bosh as teammates.

It would seem that Lebron will almost certainly get a ring if these guys stay together and healthy in Miami for a while. I just find it interesting from the all-time great discussion perspective. I agree with RP that Lebron will likely never trump Michael now. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but he is the one guy who had the potential to reach that level. I don't think he can now.

I've also watched enough sports to know that nothing is certain, so I don't consider Miami a lock to win anything. They've got a lot of work to do to put a team around these guys. If they don't get enough quality role players and guys who fill the spots that are needed, there's still some competition to be had. I'm interested to see them now, and 2-3 years down the road when they've had some time to develop the roster. It's hard to argue with the foundation. :D

Ah, about mid-season he will be sacrificing Eric Spoelstra's head to the basketball Gods so he can come back and try to win another championship. Maybe that's what he's talking about?

He may be eyeing a run at Phil.

I was hoping Lebron would stay in Cleveland simply because I enjoyed the story of the hometown kid. I thought it was cool that he was from Ohio and carrying the Cavs among the NBA's elite.

I don't think he could have made a "wrong" decision. Him going to Miami will boost interest in the league, IMO.

As the worst idea in the history of marketing unfolded, James looked trapped somewhere between despondence and defiance. His bumbling buddy Maverick Carter had walked him into the public execution of his legacy, his image, and there was a part of James that clearly wished he could turn back through the doors and hide

“Someday, he’s going to look back at this and not believe that he let those kids at LRMR talk him into doing this. This idea that he’s his own man … Come on, he’s a follower. And he’s following all the way to Miami now.”

This was the train rolling down the tracks from miles and miles away, and James never saw it coming. He should lose his obsession to become the richest athlete ever, because the people surrounding LeBron James are much more likely to leave him broke than a billionaire.

New York would’ve been hard, and maybe Cleveland would’ve been the hardest. With those state tax laws in Florida, he isn’t taking less money with the Heat. He’s just taking less risk and less burden in his championship chase.

So there was LeBron James, the MVP, the man of the hour, sitting in the middle of his own “Truman Show” on Thursday night. His personal network ran his commercials and celebrated his greatness and let him hijack a platform to build his brand and break hearts. He can never go home again now, and he can never completely rebuild what he let his cast of buddies talk him into losing that night. He’s taking his talents to South Beach, and the kid going away for the first time will have some party down there. After all these years, it was clear he had been coddled and protected and ultimately prepared to do one thing: Take the easy way out. Wherever he was going, he looked conflicted, lost and completely confused.

What a spectacle, what a train wreck.

What a shame.

And people don't get where some of us are coming from today. I love watching LeBron as a basketball player, but I can't help but feel that he is one of the most narcissistic, egotistical, self-serving athletes on the planet.

Anyone else feel like this whole situation leads to LeBron becoming a Knick in 5 years? Come to Miami, win 2 or 3 titles, and then go save the Knicks for the last 6-8 years of his career. If Melo doesn't go there next off-season, I could definitely see it happening.

I actually do think it would be a good move for him going forward and one that I would like.