Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Game Player

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big Game Player

  1. I believe originally from Harlan. Coached one year at Owsley County. Coached 2 or 3 years at Green Up County. Coached 2-4 years at Bath County. Now at Grant. I am not positive about the years so I put # to # just because I didn't want to be wrong. He is an offensive coach for sure at both Owsley and Green Up but I have heard that his defensive coaching has picked up since in Bath and he has done well.:popcorn:
  2. Would you care to go into detail?:popcorn:
  3. :thumb: Looks like a good top 5 with what is happening over the summer.
  4. :irked: Heard and can confirm the same thing. The Buckhorn student's family lives in the heart and is born and bread Buckhorn but the Hazard lights must looks pretty bright these beautiful summer nights.
  5. They have a nice young group but without adding a player or so and the loss of Whitaker they would be a top 5 team but more around 2-4 rather than 1 or 2.
  6. Heard that an assistant from South Laurel got the first offer at Estill job first but that he ended up taking another job because there were more talent coming up, was his reasoning. I had heard it was Jackson Co, is the Jackson Co Coaching job open?
  7. Justice pretty much wrote his name in the trophy with every game in the state tournament.
  8. This is a lot of words, obviously I didn't read all of this but I'll give you an "E" for effort.
  9. I have been asked a time or two about a reasonable explanation about a way this could be achieved. A friend and I reasoned through this the other day. 1.) The teams within each district come together and buy a replay system. This system would be used during district tournament only. Reason is that a lot of games played on same day or the system may become an extra toy instead of actually becoming useful. 2.) Each regional referring association is obligated to provide a replay system for each district game. This would mean that each association would have to buy no more than 5 systems per region(one for each separate district tournament). Also the home team of the tournament must provide a person to manage the system during games. The system we were talking about is something as simple as a television hooked up to a camera that is specially placed(preferred from a high position) so that the entire court could be seen as any given time. Such as a wide view of the court. And that the system should have restrictions, such as; only be used in the last five minutes of each half, or last two minutes of each quarter. There are ways that this could be done and done easy but imo it would take a combined effort to actually complete the process. What are everyone's thought about these rough copy ideas?
  10. I seen for Owsley where Evans had 39 and 7 assist, Tyler Willams 20, Timmy Murrell 18 and 11 rebounds, Travis Murrell with 14 pts and 12 Rebounds, Marcus Peter with 9 points and 7 steals(and did a tremendous job holding Brewer to only 8pts in regulation), Justin Johnson had 3 points and Dwight Burkhart had a big time freethrow. For Powell Carlisle had 23 points, Reed had 21, Brewer had 18 points and Nolan with 8 points. A few more scored but either I am not for sure or I didn't have time to catch it. A great game both ways and nothing short of a great finish in the 56th Distric. Good luck to both teams come regional next week.
  11. WOW 11, to a coach thats like a good hard kick in the groin. I mean a shot u practice all year every day. Sounds like players just not showing up more than coaching.
  12. Tommy Hutton and Brian Cook are both good referees. I have seen both call many of the games in the 56th district and around the region and I think that both are well deserving of this honor.
  13. This must been a good game, I think Corbin was suppose to win by more but looks like SL about pulled one off. Heard some people from Laurel county say that this wasn't an upset.
  14. Looks like Coach Hollon pulls off the upset. PCC has been the better team all year imo but seems like every since that Breathitt/Hazard game Hazard has been getting better. This makes the draw in the region even more interesting. A PCC and KCC first round could be ridiculous, this could set up an unpredicted winner in the end.
  15. Good win for the Owls. Good all around game by all the top six or seven for the Owls, seemed that all the players played together and Owsley seems to be playing their best toward the end. Looks like its gonna be Powell with them in the finals. Lee came out and never really got going until the last few. The man to man at the beginning of the game didn't work and the same man to man at the end didn't either. Good hard fought game till the end by both teams. I overheard someone say that Brewer had 27 but thats not official. Can't wait to watch these two teams(Owsley and Powell ) go at it again after splitting during the season. My money would be on the Owls.
  16. Yea great feature and helpful possibly for colleges to check up on players and see about consistency. I love the feature though, makes for easier record/stat keeping. Easy feature to use also. The logo is neat also, just noticed it a couple days ago but now have mentioned to ADs about getting ours on there.
  17. Bad call on top of another bad call. The one foot was in bounds there for the player was established. The ref made a call without being positive therefor making it already a bad call to begin with, making this a no call. The T is what is the 2nd bad call. The player must have said a "bad" word or something to get a T. The T determined the outcome of the game instead of the players. Fouls are not called all the time at the ends of game because refs don't want to determine the outcome, this imo is also a no call or a warning. I think one of the reasons people say that refs are "out of position" to make a call is because many refs use that excuse not to make a call. Myself being on the sideline, I have heard several high ranking refs say "that isn't my call". Most of the time its a "get you out of my ear free card" and blame the other guy.
  18. Big win for the 14th and Buckhorn.
  19. I heard the first points Jenkins scored was when Knott put someone in the game that wasn't on the book and they shot free throws. I heard Knott played the end of the bench for long periods of time but still had better talent on the floor. Knott is also a good all around team with the bench.
  20. Hate to see it leave Richmond. Really liked the atmosphere.
  21. Thanks. I was told after asking a couple people and they all said that the rule was safety first. I seen a ref do this dring one game and then another game there was a player laying on the ground and he didn't stop it, inconsistantcy more than anything is the problem.
  22. I am not for sure but I believe that the new rule is that a player can't jump out of bounds and call a timeout anymore. They have to be established inbounds to be able to call timeout. I have also recently seen lately the call for when a player is hurt and the other team is on a fast break. I watched a player limp for a split second then sprint down the floor as the team with the ball was crossing half court on a fast break. The ref stopped the ball, coach complained and then his reasoning was safety. From what I understand the play shouldn't be stopped until the team with the ball isn't progressing toward their basket in a fast break set. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.