Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Instant Replay

Featured Replies

After watching the Franklin Co v/s Henry Clay video I would argue that in instances where it is available referees should be allowed to use replay to GET THE CALL RIGHT on buzzer beater situations.

 

What do you think?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all games are being taped. Would it just be a "if you have the resources to do it" kind of thing?

Have it for all district, regional, and state games. And only venues that have the resources available be able to host these types of games.

I think it would be good to get replay for region and Sweet 16 games just to make sure a buzzer beater call is correct. I believe at these big arenas they can have the technology to make this possible.

 

Also, I think its time to really consider putting in a shot clock. Maybe one thats like 40 seconds. It would rarely be needed, but at the same time keep teams from stalling too.

  • Author
I think it would be good to get replay for region and Sweet 16 games just to make sure a buzzer beater call is correct. I believe at these big arenas they can have the technology to make this possible.

 

Also, I think its time to really consider putting in a shot clock. Maybe one thats like 40 seconds. It would rarely be needed, but at the same time keep teams from stalling too.

 

Replay yes - and I'm for using it any time it's available.

 

Shot clock - no, never I hope.

Replay yes - and I'm for using it any time it's available.

 

Shot clock - no, never I hope.

 

:thumb:

The unfortunate reality for things like instant replay or a shot clock is uniformity. If you can't have it everywhere, more often than not, they'll say have it nowhere. I wholeheartedly agree that if you're capable of having it, you should, but I don't believe we'll ever see it.

After watching the Franklin Co v/s Henry Clay video I would argue that in instances where it is available referees should be allowed to use replay to GET THE CALL RIGHT on buzzer beater situations.

 

What do you think?

Man! Don't know what those officals were looking at that wasn't even close. After they leave the gym nothing can be done about it I think thats the rule, not sure?:ohbrother:

Shot Clock NO, NO, NO-- that forces teams into shots which in turn ends up with kids that shouldnt be shooting to rush one up to beat the clock.. Esp. since not alot of high school have 5 kids capable of being a scorer on the floor like college does.

 

Instant replay-- I would say yes too only for buzzer beaters, fights, or flagrant fouls (lol Demarcus Cousin type elbows).. The state should require schools to put the Red LED light on the back boards, that could help alot

I wonder what the refs were talking about when they were changing into their street clothes. It's hard for me to believe that one of the three refs did not see what we saw at the game. I hope one of the 3 refs has the "guts" to come forward and say there was a mistake made.

Sounds like the 2nd mistake in Kentucky HS basketball in as many days. The 15th region girl's game has similar issue on a last second shot and alleged phantom foul that won the game for Shelby Valley over Betsy Layne.

I would rather see shot clocks before anything else is added to basketball. I am getting tired of a team dribbling out the final minute of every quarter.

Have it for all district, regional, and state games. And only venues that have the resources available be able to host these types of games.

 

That would cost alot of money. they don't even use it it the state tourney so don't think it will happen anytime soon.

There should definitely be a shot clock. It rewards the defense.

 

I agree with video replay at at least in the region and state tournament. A team I was coaching lost a regional final game, that we would have won had there been replay. Owensboro Catholic lost a state tournament game they would have won if there had been replay. I'm sure the list could go on and on.

That would cost alot of money. they don't even use it it the state tourney so don't think it will happen anytime soon.

 

They will be this year. I am not for sure to what extent (all games, Semi-finals, championship game only).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.