Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Instant Replay

Featured Replies

After watching the Franklin Co v/s Henry Clay video I would argue that in instances where it is available referees should be allowed to use replay to GET THE CALL RIGHT on buzzer beater situations.

 

What do you think?

 

Absolutely.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be this year. I am not for sure to what extent (all games, Semi-finals, championship game only).

 

They probably are but it won't happen in district or region games becasue of the expense.

They will be this year. I am not for sure to what extent (all games, Semi-finals, championship game only).

 

No they won't.

 

It was okayed to use in National federation championship games only, but since The girls facility here in Kentucky can not have the replay because Bowling Green is not equipped for it the same as the boys at Rupp, neither gets to use it. It will be bad if it comes down to that and they didn't use it because of Title 9 laws, but that is how it is for now.

 

No shot clock will probably ever be used, but I would like to see it.

No they won't.

 

It was okayed to use in National federation championship games only, but since The girls facility here in Kentucky can not have the replay because Bowling Green is not equipped for it the same as the boys at Rupp, neither gets to use it. It will be bad if it comes down to that and they didn't use it because of Title 9 laws, but that is how it is for now.

 

No shot clock will probably ever be used, but I would like to see it.

 

Sorry. I thought the boys were going to use it.

Mcraycraft....where did you get this info?

Have it for all district, regional, and state games. And only venues that have the resources available be able to host these types of games.

 

I agree with you. :notworthy:

I would be in favor of using technology where available to aid there refs to make certain calls. All the rule would have to say " is that replay may be used where available to help refs in specific situations". After all, we live in a society where change is our culture.

 

In the case of the 11th region game between Franklin Co and Henry Clay, replay would have helped get the call right, although I don't think it was needed. This call was blatently missed. The ball was inches from hitting the backboard before the backboard light lit up. At least two of the refs were in position to make the call. One artical in the Herald referred to these officials as "The three blind mice".

 

There is no excuse for these guys missing that call. The KHSAA need to seriously consider their poor performance in determining their future in refereeing future high school games.

Have it for all district, regional, and state games. And only venues that have the resources available be able to host these types of games.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

 

I like your enthusiasm recpark!!!!!!!

Replay yes - and I'm for using it any time it's available.

 

Shot clock - no, never I hope.

 

:thumb:

I think the KHSAA should have took a look at the film and made a ruling and done the right thing before the next game. They watch film from fights and such to determine what action to take.

Not all games are being taped. Would it just be a "if you have the resources to do it" kind of thing?

 

I find it hard to believe that at the postseason level, that at least one of the two coaches is not having the game taped for themselves. I think we get caught up in the thought of NFL football, and that there has to be a professional tv crew there, with 16 different camera angles.

 

Now granted, there may still be inconclusive evidence based on a wide angle shot from 50 feet away...but, it'd still be better than nothing.

I don't see the problem with having a 1:00 shot clock. It would rarely be a factor, but would keep a team from completely stalling.

 

When I was a sophomore in HS, my school's regional championship team was nearly beat in the first round of the district (16-12 win) because a team took 'stall' to an entirely new level (and did so within the rules).

I don't see the problem with having a 1:00 shot clock. It would rarely be a factor, but would keep a team from completely stalling.

 

When I was a sophomore in HS, my school's regional championship team was nearly beat in the first round of the district (16-12 win) because a team took 'stall' to an entirely new level (and did so within the rules).

 

Wrong thread. This is about instant replay...

 

Hard to see instant replay ever working in HS as a common denominator in all games. We don't need to be stopping play every few seconds in a HS game for crying out loud to consult the video.

I think the KHSAA should have took a look at the film and made a ruling and done the right thing before the next game. They watch film from fights and such to determine what action to take.

 

As easy as this appears on the surface, it's not. What if that shot took place at the end of the first half and the team lost by two? Would you look at film later and say that goal should have counted and the game now goes to overtime?

 

The bottom line is that the call was missed, no one likes it, and it's not fair (at least as that one play is concerned). But, three things come to mind. One, you have to move on at some point and now is as good a time as any. Two, the "fair" is that which comes to Burlington in the first full week of August. And, three, sometimes things happen that, in least in the current case, cannot be fixed.

 

Human beings are involved in this game and crucial physical and mental lapses happen by coaches, players, and officials. Everyone, from top to bottom, has to try their very best to do their very best.

 

What should we do now:

 

1. Jail them?

2. Stand on the corner with a sign saying I missed a call?

3. Overeact and spend money we don't have in schools on more technology?

4. Move on?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.