Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TakeYourBase

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TakeYourBase

  1. Wow... Clark jumps out early. I will say this, they ALWAYS have their inning where they will score the runs. I just wonder if 3 is going to be enough. In my opinion this is, for all intensive purposes, the region championship.
  2. With all of the upsets already taking place in the district play and even the #1 team falling what are some of the predictions for region winners, and after overall state champions.... From scores and seeing them perform I could definitely see West Jessamine taking the whole thing but there is always the Lexington and Louisville schools that, by the statistics, will probably take the title.
  3. I've seen these as well. From what I've heard they are used almost as a stepping stone from a college metal to a true wooden bat. From that discription I would assume they are someone in between.
  4. I just see it as hurting the districts, because often times their two best teams don't make it into the regional becasue they have already had to play eachother.
  5. I'm just curious as to why the Lexington and other districts have not switched over to a seeding method for district play. It seems like every year the #1 and #2 team in that region will play eachother in the first game of district, guaranteeing that one of them won't even make it to regionals, and you leave the potential of a team that has no business being in the regionals make it because they played a team of lesser caliber. I've always thought that playing each team twice a year and going off of the district record to seed a district just made more sense.
  6. I'm surprised to hear that Withrow pitched. I assumed they would let him rest up for districts at the beginning of next week. Where were Clark County's bats?
  7. I've heard this as well... College goes to it next year and High School in 2012. I'm interested to see how much trampoline it takes off of the bats. On a side note I wouldn't mind seing everything go to wood. I was at a wood bat tournament and saw a team go through 4 or 5 wooden bats in 3 games. All this means is that the hitters are not hitting the ball on the barrel where they are supposed to. Bloop hits look just like line drives in the box score so High school hitters will often take that shot of the hands for a bloop hit to keep their "big swing" approach. Wood bats will teach people to hit the right way.
  8. Who pitched for both? Any stats on the game?
  9. The answer is be. As a pitcher you are allowed to jump turn and not throw to second.
  10. I'm not disagreeing, but why should they be placed as the favorite?
  11. Who has Bourbon lost to?
  12. Absolutely fantastic game pitched by green county's pitcher... I believe a no hitter... Taking absolutely nothing away from the player but having a pitcher throw 142 pitches is absolutely rediculous. At 13 games into his, I believe freshman season, it really doesn't matter if he has a perfect game going. That's just too many pitches.
  13. A very nice, but SMALL ballpark... only 300 down the lines and 350 in dead center. Not taking anything away from the homeruns, both were well hit balls.
  14. Thought this one might have been a tad bit closer.
  15. Are Stenzel and Zollo the only ones that will go D-1... I have heard rumors of Daniels getting looks from Penn State. Any validity to that?
  16. Bourbon lost an awful lot to be put at 3rd in the region.
  17. I've got a tough time believing they are 34th in the nation. I would put them in the top ten in the state, but I'm not even sure about the top 5.
  18. It is absolutely astonishing to me that GRC fans are complaining about any student section period. A few games that I have attended against them and Montgomery County they have shown... let's just say sub par sportsmanship. Granted I don't think it was the brightest thing in the world to put Mason's student section behind GRC's bench, and there definitely should be no toleration to water throwing etc... it's just funny to me that they are complaining about this.
  19. I saw Christian play Holmes this year and they are definitely a tough team.
  20. From an unbiased fan... Over the past couple of years one thing that I have noticed in the tenth as far as coaching goes is O'hearn knows how to win period. Humphries seems to be a great coach as far as instruction goes (Zollo has definitely improved as has Stenzel since he got there), but seems to be at best an average in game coach. He has had the best talent in the region for two years in a year and has been beaten in the finals. To all the posts about playing at the Fieldhouse. It is an advantage for Mason, but it is what it is and it won't be changed anytime soon. Best of luck to the Royals in the tourney and to both teams next year.
  21. I'm going with a low scoring ball game... 56-45 Clark
  22. Montgomery comes up short at being the only team to win region 6 straight times.
  23. CORRECT... I can think of no better example than the 10th REGION tournament last night. While Pendleton had their entire section filled Montgomery may have had 20 students. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like the driving distance to Mason is about the same for each, and I'm thinking that Montgomery is what a 5 or 6A school while Pendleton is not. Even the next game Brossart didn't pack their section either. I remember going to the tourney at the fieldhouse and sitting way up in the tippy top corner because there weren't anymore seats.
  24. Close game all the way through. Montgomery flattened out at the end and seemed to be forcing a lot in the 3rd and 4th. Pendleton hit some big shots down the stretch and Montgomery couldn't come up with an answer. Impressive crowd for Pendleton... especially the student section. Very creative with a lot of school spirit. Definitely one of the best I have seen this year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.