Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region

Featured Replies

With less than a month until practice officially starts, who's going to be the top contenders in the 10th region? Who are some

players to watch as well?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site first of all!

The team to beat is Harrison Co. After that, I'd say it's anyone's game for 2nd.

Zach Sowders (Scott) will be one of the favorites to bring back POY honors in the 10th. He has started since his sophomore year of high school and has been a great player thus far in his career and I expect nothing less in his senior year. Not only is he one of the best baseball players in the 10th, but he is most likely one of the best athletes in the whole state of Kentucky. He has been the starting Quarterback for Scott since his junior year but has been starting for Scott since his sophomore year (became the first 2000 yard rusher in a season, for Scott's history). He is also one of the best in the state in wrestling for his class. He has been one of the best atheletes ever to walk the halls of Scott.

 

Zach Sowder and Logan Dailey (Harrison County) will be the top two pitchers in the region by a good margin from what I've seen thus far.

 

Harrison has won the region the last 2 years while Scott has finished runner-up in both those years. Harrison returns a considerable amount of players this year and thus will be the favorite to repeat. Scott lost virtually there whole starting line-up with the exception of Sowder, thus there will be lots of questions for the Eagles this year.

 

Scott has always been the most consistent team from the 37th district as they have made the 10th Region Tournament every year since they joined the 10th. Campbell County and Brossart have alternated with the other spot. So thus, I expect Scott to continue that consistency and be 1 of the 2 teams from the 37th District to make the Regional Tournament. However, since Scott's roster is so depleted this year, they are more vulnerable than they have ever been so Campbell County or Brossart might sneak up on them this year. However, they do have one of the two best pitchers in the region in Zach Sowder so I'm confident they will be fine.

 

GRC has always been one of great teams in the 10th and I have no doubt they will contend as well. I'm unsure what they return this year but they have a great coach so I'm sure they will just reload year in and year out. At this point and time, I'd have it like this:

 

1) Harrison County

2) George Rogers Clark

3) Scott

 

4-10 to be determined.

 

I'll do a bit of investigating on my own part when I have the time to take a trip or two to some of the other local schools to get a better feel for the teams in the 10th and I'll report later what I find.

  • Author

After stepping back and looking at each district individually, this is what I have come up with.

 

37th District

1. Campbell Co.

2. Scott High

3. Bishop Brossart

4. Silver Grove

5. Calvary Christian

I don’t get a chance to see the northern teams in the 10th, so this is more of a guess for me.

 

38th District

1. Harrison Co.

2. Nicholas Co.

3. Pendleton Co.

4. Deming

Harrison wins the District with ease and Region as well. Nicholas will be the runner-up of the 38th if they throw Campbell the first game of the District against Pendleton Co, if not, Pendleton has a shot at going to the Region.

 

39th District

1. Mason Co.

2. Bracken Co.

3. St. Patrick

4. Augusta

Mason Co wins this District with ease and should never miss being in the Regional Tournament. Sorry, but from top to bottom this is the weakest District in the 10th Region. It's really a guess for me after Mason. I could see St. Patrick being runner up just as easily.

 

40th District

1. George Rogers Clark

2. Montgomery Co.

3. Bourbon Co.

4. Paris

GRC returns a lot of pitching along with McQuerry (sp?) as a good hitter. Along with the 37th, this is the district that is up for grabs. Montgomery County returns 5 seniors to replace their graduating class.

I posted this in a earlier thread, but I no longer see it. I still think this holds true for the 10th region 2010.

 

 

1. Harrison Co.- No brainier!! They basically return everyone except Case, their SS, from last years state tournament team.

Two Questions:

Who will replace Case at SS?

Will Matthew Dye's elbow be a 100% by this spring?

 

2. GRC – Only graduated 3 seniors from last year’s team. Bailey will be hard to replace at 2nd base, but GRC returns most of their pitching staff and will have a good rotation with Seniors Jackson, Bell, Whittman and Turner. GRC may also have the best hitter in the 10th in McQuerry, who is only a sophomore.

 

3. (A) Montgomery Co. – Graduated four starters from last year’s team. MC will have 3 solid pitcher in Combs, Lee and Potter, but will need a few others to step up to have an above average season. MC returns 5 solid seniors and a good freshman and sophomore class.

 

3. (B) Bourbon Co. – Lost 6 to 7 starters at key positions to graduation, which included 2 of their best pitchers and some big bats. BC will return 2 solid pitchers in Robertson and Mullins, but not sure if they’ll have enough run production for them.

 

3. © Bishop Brossart – Graduated 7 from last years team, didn’t get to see them play last year so I’m not familiar enough to comment any further.

 

3.(D) Campbell Co. – Graduated 8 from last years team, but I did notice that 6 of the 8 were listed as pitcher. Again, didn’t get to see them play last year so I’m not familiar enough to comment any further.

 

3. (E) Scott High – According to last years roster they graduated 12 senior last year and one of those being the 10th region POY. My guess this will be a rebuilding year for Scott, but once again, didn’t get to see them play last year so I’m not familiar enough to comment any further.

 

3. (F) Nicholas Co. – Year of graduation not listed with their roster so I’m not sure how many players they lost to graduation, but I do know they return a very solid player in Campbell.

 

3. (G) Mason Co. - Only lost 3 seniors to graduation last year. MC is in the weakest district in the region, so they should have another easy trip to the 10th region tournament again this year.

 

Harrison is a huge favorite to win the 10th and GRC is the 2nd favorite because of pitching depth. After that, 3A thru G in my opinion is a toss up.

Jared Martin will be playing shortstop for Harrison County. He played third base last year and when he pitched Drew Thompson played third so Jared will take over short while Drew will be a consistent starter at third base. Matthew Dye has began throwing and should be one hundred percent by the spring.

Jared Martin will be playing shortstop for Harrison County. He played third base last year and when he pitched Drew Thompson played third so Jared will take over short while Drew will be a consistent starter at third base. Matthew Dye has began throwing and should be one hundred percent by the spring.

 

Glad to hear that:thumb:

37th District

1. Campbell Co.

2. Scott High

3. Bishop Brossart

4. Silver Grove

5. Calvary Christian

I don’t get a chance to see the northern teams in the 10th, so this is more of a guess for me.

 

Campbell County seems to be the team in the 37th district that seems to reload every year (as they outnumber every team in terms of student population by at least 500-600+, and its even a wider margin for some of the teams...), but still struggles to make it out of district. However, this may be the year for them to take the district as Scott was hit hard by graduation and Bishop Brossart seems to be down as well. However, Scott's only returning starter, Zach Sowder, will be one of the early pre-season candidates for the 10th Region POY and they will rely heavily on him. He is Scott's ace pitcher and is also the best pitcher in the district, and is arguably 1 of the best 2 pitchers in the whole region (Logan Dailey of Harrison County being the other). We all know pitching is the great equalizer on the diamond and that is exactly what Sowder brings to a team that lost many players to graduation. Thus, without further ado, here is my rankings of the 37th District and how I think it will play out during the season:

 

1) Scott

2) Campbell County

3) Bishop Brossart

4) Calvary Christian

5) Silver Grove

 

Scott will have the advantage in the pitching category as they return several underclassmen pitchers who have plenty of experience now at the Varsity level. However, Scott is severely lacking in the offensive category. If they are able to generate a little bit of offense, they will take the district presuming their pitching is as consistent and at the level I expect it to be. As I said previously, Scott has been the lone consistent team to make the 10th Region Tournament from this district, year in and year out and I expect this year to be no different.

Campbell County seems to be the team in the 37th district that seems to reload every year (as they outnumber every team in terms of student population by at least 500-600+, and its even a wider margin for some of the teams...), but still struggles to make it out of district. However, this may be the year for them to take the district as Scott was hit hard by graduation and Bishop Brossart seems to be down as well. However, Scott's only returning starter, Zach Sowder, will be one of the early pre-season candidates for the 10th Region POY and they will rely heavily on him. He is Scott's ace pitcher and is also the best pitcher in the district, and is arguably 1 of the best 2 pitchers in the whole region (Logan Dailey of Harrison County being the other). We all know pitching is the great equalizer on the diamond and that is exactly what Sowder brings to a team that lost many players to graduation. Thus, without further ado, here is my rankings of the 37th District and how I think it will play out during the season:

 

1) Scott

2) Campbell County

3) Bishop Brossart

4) Calvary Christian

5) Silver Grove

 

Scott will have the advantage in the pitching category as they return several underclassmen pitchers who have plenty of experience now at the Varsity level. However, Scott is severely lacking in the offensive category. If they are able to generate a little bit of offense, they will take the district presuming their pitching is as consistent and at the level I expect it to be. As I said previously, Scott has been the lone consistent team to make the 10th Region Tournament from this district, year in and year out and I expect this year to be no different.

 

Scott should be the favorite in the 37th. Brossart's Bezold will need a huge year but I'm not sure that they have much pitching? Campbell lost a lot of seniors, they were not all pitchers, though they might've pitched I would say all but maybe 2 started in the field as well...that's only the 37th though. Harrison should absolutely dominate with their pitching, defense, and offense.

Campbell Co. did lose a great deal to graduation, however with a few returning seniors, and a very strong junior class. They should do well. New coaching at Campbell Co. this year as well. They should have a great deal of speed and a very solid defense. They have all the makings of a good team, as with any team it will come down to pitching for the Camels.

Campbell Co. did lose a great deal to graduation, however with a few returning seniors, and a very strong junior class. They should do well. New coaching at Campbell Co. this year as well. They should have a great deal of speed and a very solid defense. They have all the makings of a good team, as with any team it will come down to pitching for the Camels.

 

I think the key to all of this is a new coach at Campbell County.

Amen, the boys should do well under new leadership, wished this happen 3 years ago.

More size and seniors in past...but maybe with new coaching they will go further than the past.

I think that GRC will be just fine sure they lost the right side of their infield with mabe and bailey and the anchor of the staff peters ... but coach allison is a great coach and will have a game plan to work around the loss ... it will all come down to Bell and Jackson's senior leadership on the mound

Have any seniors in the 10th region signed to play college baseball? Are any seniors being looked at by colleges ? I know Harrison County has 6 seniors and all of them are being looked at by colleges but none have committed to anywhere.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.