Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region

Featured Replies

Who should win the All "A" in the 10th region this year?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that Harrison County has the three best pitchers in the region. Logan Dailey, Jared Martin, and Christian Chasteen. IMO I believe Sowder is the fourth best pitcher in the region. What is Sowders high school pitching record?

I would have to say that Harrison County has the three best pitchers in the region. Logan Dailey, Jared Martin, and Christian Chasteen. IMO I believe Sowder is the fourth best pitcher in the region. What is Sowders high school pitching record?

 

I'm not a 100% sure on his record but I can try to dig it up for you. However, Sowder has done a great job and has proven he is one of the top pitchers in the region by far. His only loss last season, if I remember correctly, was to Harrison in the regional finals and he did a great job on them for most of the game. Sowder is really #2 IMO behind Dailey but thats just my opinion.

Jared Martin has a 16-2 varsity pitching record. His only two losses are to Beechwood in the sectional tournament his eighth grade year and to a team out of Miami, Florida his freshman year. Beechwood made it to the state tournament game that year and Martin only allowed two runs against them as an eighth grader. He also has two perfect games in his varsity career. Sowder is a great pitcher but I dont see how he could be the number two pitcher in the region with numbers like these. Chasteen is also another hard throwing right hander that has alot of upside and its very underrated.

  • Author

Wins and losses can definitely depend on the kind of defense you have behind you and the run support you receive game in and game out. I'm not positive but if I had to guess, I would say that Harrison had the advantage in both respects against Scott.

Jared Martin has a 16-2 varsity pitching record. His only two losses are to Beechwood in the sectional tournament his eighth grade year and to a team out of Miami, Florida his freshman year. Beechwood made it to the state tournament game that year and Martin only allowed two runs against them as an eighth grader. He also has two perfect games in his varsity career. Sowder is a great pitcher but I dont see how he could be the number two pitcher in the region with numbers like these. Chasteen is also another hard throwing right hander that has alot of upside and its very underrated.

 

Over who? Deming?

 

Breds Fan I don't mean to call you out but you seem to always be tooting Jared Martin's horn:sssh:

Yea as an eighth grader in the district tournament and one against Simon Kenton his junior year. Im not tooting his way. Im saying that in my opinion Harrison County has the three best starting pitchers in the tenth region.

I think Harrison's pitching is good, but in no way do I think they have the top 3 pitchers in the 10th Region. I have followed Harrison County baseball for many years and seen many better pitching staffs than what this one is. I think Harrison is the favorite in the 10th Region and has the ability to contend at Applebee's, but they can also get beat on any given day.

I would have to say that Harrison County has the three best pitchers in the region. Logan Dailey, Jared Martin, and Christian Chasteen. IMO I believe Sowder is the fourth best pitcher in the region. What is Sowders high school pitching record?

 

I would say that Martin and Dailey are the 2 best in the district...but I think that Kyle Campbell is the 3rd best just in the 38th District.

Here are the pre-season rankings from MaxPreps for the 10th Region

 

1) Harrison County

2) Scott High

3) Bourbon County

4) Campbell County

5) George Rogers Clark

6) Bishop Brossart

7) Nicholas County

8) Montgomery County

9) Calvary Christian

10) Pendleton County

11) Mason County

12) Paris

13) Bracken County

14) Deming

15) Silver Grove

16) Augusta

17) St. Patrick

 

*I did hear a rumor that Deming wouldn't be fielding a team this year though, can anyone confirm?*

Sat in for a Scott Freshman/JV Scrimmage tonight and also got a chance to observe the Varsity team in action for a bit of their practice.

 

As for now, anything having them #2 in the region is an overrated ranking. They are, IMO, about #4 or #5 in the region. My son also was able to talk to one of the players since we were there watching our youngest play but right now they are extremely young and inexperienced and thus are dealing with the growing pains that are associated with that. However, with that being said, Scott has some real talent in the wings in the younger teams. Scott will compete for the region, as they have the past 2 years with 2 regional-runner ups, in the next few years, but not this one unfortunately. Thats just my opinion on the situation at this time though.

Here are the pre-season rankings from MaxPreps for the 10th Region

 

1) Harrison County

2) Scott High

3) Bourbon County

4) Campbell County

5) George Rogers Clark

6) Bishop Brossart

7) Nicholas County

8) Montgomery County

9) Calvary Christian

10) Pendleton County

11) Mason County

12) Paris

13) Bracken County

14) Deming

15) Silver Grove

16) Augusta

17) St. Patrick

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Here are the pre-season rankings from MaxPreps for the 10th Region

 

1) Harrison County

2) Scott High

3) Bourbon County

4) Campbell County

5) George Rogers Clark

6) Bishop Brossart

7) Nicholas County

8) Montgomery County

9) Calvary Christian

10) Pendleton County

11) Mason County

12) Paris

13) Bracken County

14) Deming

15) Silver Grove

16) Augusta

17) St. Patrick

 

*I did hear a rumor that Deming wouldn't be fielding a team this year though, can anyone confirm?*

 

It is true that Deming will not field a team this year. They didn't have enough players come out to play.

 

Nicholas County should not be this high IMO. They were hit hard by Kyle Campbell, and beyon Kyle Campbell, don't have too much left in their lineup or pitching rotation.

It is true that Deming will not field a team this year. They didn't have enough players come out to play.

 

Nicholas County should not be this high IMO. They were hit hard by Kyle Campbell, and beyon Kyle Campbell, don't have too much left in their lineup or pitching rotation.

 

This is truly a shame! I feel for the kids that did come out for the team.

It is true that Deming will not field a team this year. They didn't have enough players come out to play.

 

Nicholas County should not be this high IMO. They were hit hard by Kyle Campbell, and beyon Kyle Campbell, don't have too much left in their lineup or pitching rotation.

 

Is Kyle not playing or is he injured?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.