Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jim Hicks Named Grant County Head Coach

Featured Replies

Official. Congrats to the new coach!

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Hicks.

 

Guess the next question is who, if any, of the current staff stays on board. And more importantly what does this do for Jue Utter? Any chance he stays involved with the program?

The long awaited hire has ended with a bang. To get a man of this caliber is exciting. It'll be nice having Coach Hicks around. I'm very happy for our boys as they embark on a new era in Braves Basketball. I hope he considers bringing back coach Plunkett and Coach West, but it usually is best to start anew with a new staff.

 

But deep inside I still think Coach Utter was the right choice and hope he does not become a stranger.

No way its Hicks from Conner. He has a loaded team returning.

No way its Hicks from Conner. He has a loaded team returning.

 

Different Jim Hicks, I believe they are related along with Billy Hicks. I think he's been at Greenup and possibly Bath Co recently.

Different Jim Hicks, I believe they are related along with Billy Hicks. I think he's been at Greenup and possibly Bath Co recently.

 

:thumb:

Coach Hicks has had some nice teams at Bath County. He will do a good job in getting Grant County excited about basketball.

Good luck Coach Hicks, I am looking forward to seeing the excitement about basketball back at Grant County.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Good luck Coach Hicks, i am looking forward to seeing the excitement about basketball back at Grant County.

 

You will see some excitement it may be all from his in game actions, but you will get excitement.:D

Grant Co should probably buy some heavy duty chairs for their bench, as they will take a lot of abuse :lol:

I believe Jim Hicks won a couple district titles at Bath County. Nice pick up by the Braves. Congrats all the way around.

You will see some excitement it may be all from his in game actions, but you will get excitement.:D

 

 

True statement. He is fun to watch.:D

Different Jim Hicks, I believe they are related along with Billy Hicks. I think he's been at Greenup and possibly Bath Co recently.

 

The Conner coach isn't related.

 

What does Hicks teach? Is there a position open at the high school for what he teaches.

Hicks is a sideline circus. Gripes every trip.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.