Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

^You are the only person in the world who has defended the LeBronathon, after it has run. It was for charity? Are you kidding me? You're a stereotypical Kobe-fan-esque LeBron fan if you don't have a problem with that. The guy is one of the best athletes of this generation, but nothing about that 1-hour special can be defended IMO. If you can't see that having it for charity was one of the most hollow things an athlete has ever done, I don't know what else can be said to you.

Defend his decision, sure that can be done. But the LeBron-athon? Not even the people involved like Wilbon thought it was tasteless. I'm glad he did it, it let the world see who he really is. Some people hate him because of jealousy, sure. But, most of this backlash now comes from the fact that he is narcissitic, inconsiderate, and possibly the dumbest/most naive person in the sports world.

-One hour special dedicated to himself. No other great would have done this to announce his intentions to leave for another team. Well, maybe Shaq. I mean seriously, a one hour special dedicated to himself, paid for by....himself. He paid Jim Gray, and he picked the questions that would be asked. There ain't no defending that man.

-If LeBron wants to leave that is his decision. But, you just don't hold a one hour press conference to leave your hometown team, especially when you haven't even told them. Sure he may have hated Gilbert, but the FANS are who makes the LeBron brand, not the other way around. Without the FANS, LeBron's biggest goal of becoming a billionaire is not even remotely possible. Most Clevelander's would have been mad either way, but leaving in this fashion, is undenaibly one of the cruelest things an athlete has ever done on live TV. Actually, name something worse.

-Sure people watched, but the overall perception of the show and LeBron is bad right now. He and his friends are idiots for not seeing that. Only people who are so-blind that they could not be objective were not at least a little bit offended.

I've defended the guy for years, and I still like him as a basketball player. But, off the court (at least now) he is one of my least favorite people in the world, not just sports. It has less to do with leaving, than the spectacle he feels that he has "allowed" us to be a part of. He is a coward in so many ways. His decision was so obvious, he moved it to after his camp, left town, and was throwing a huge party in honor of himself on ESPN. I believe leaving was a bad choice for him, but I guess you can't really begrudge someone for going to a new team. The way he did it cannot and will not ever defend. LeBron is not the guy I started following 9 or 10 years ago, or at least if he is he did a better job of hiding himself then. For a guy that is so "loyal", I can't see how you destroy and embarrass your hometown at you own personal "gain". Leave, do it in a classy way, and be a man.

I do truly feel sorry for LeBron in this though, I think in this process it is clear that he has no one in his inner-circle that actually cares about him IMO. Someone should have told him all of this was too much, and would be a terrible idea. Like the article I read yesterday said, his handlers are more likely to leave him broke than to help make him a millionaire. At some point everyone get humbled and LeBron has had that yet obviously, I dread seeing that day.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You are the only person in the world who has defended the LeBronathon, after it has run. It was for charity? Are you kidding me? You're a stereotypical Kobe-fan-esque LeBron fan if you don't have a problem with that. The guy is one of the best athletes of this generation, but nothing about that 1-hour special can be defended IMO. If you can't see that having it for charity was one of the most hollow things an athlete has ever done, I don't know what else can be said to you.

Defend his decision, sure that can be done. But the LeBron-athon? Not even the people involved like Wilbon thought it was tasteless. I'm glad he did it, it let the world see who he really is. Some people hate him because of jealousy, sure. But, most of this backlash now comes from the fact that he is narcissitic, inconsiderate, and possibly the dumbest/most naive person in the sports world.

-One hour special dedicated to himself. No other great would have done this to announce his intentions to leave for another team. Well, maybe Shaq. I mean seriously, a one hour special dedicated to himself, paid for by....himself. He paid Jim Gray, and he picked the questions that would be asked. There ain't no defending that man.

-If LeBron wants to leave that is his decision. But, you just don't hold a one hour press conference to leave your hometown team, especially when you haven't even told them. Sure he may have hated Gilbert, but the FANS are who makes the LeBron brand, not the other way around. Without the FANS, LeBron's biggest goal of becoming a billionaire is not even remotely possible. Most Clevelander's would have been mad either way, but leaving in this fashion, is undenaibly one of the cruelest things an athlete has ever done on live TV. Actually, name something worse.

-Sure people watched, but the overall perception of the show and LeBron is bad right now. He and his friends are idiots for not seeing that. Only people who are so-blind that they could not be objective were not at least a little bit offended.

I've defended the guy for years, and I still like him as a basketball player. But, off the court (at least now) he is one of my least favorite people in the world, not just sports. It has less to do with leaving, than the spectacle he feels that he has "allowed" us to be a part of. He is a coward in so many ways. His decision was so obvious, he moved it to after his camp, left town, and was throwing a huge party in honor of himself on ESPN. I believe leaving was a bad choice for him, but I guess you can't really begrudge someone for going to a new team. The way he did it cannot and will not ever defend. LeBron is not the guy I started following 9 or 10 years ago, or at least if he is he did a better job of hiding himself then. For a guy that is so "loyal", I can't see how you destroy and embarrass your hometown at you own personal "gain". Leave, do it in a classy way, and be a man.

I do truly feel sorry for LeBron in this though, I think in this process it is clear that he has no one in his inner-circle that actually cares about him IMO. Someone should have told him all of this was too much, and would be a terrible idea. Like the article I read yesterday said, his handlers are more likely to leave him broke than to help make him a millionaire. At some point everyone get humbled and LeBron has had that yet obviously, I dread seeing that day.

Go ahead man, be one of the biggest Lebron lovers and defenders one day then turn around and despise him the next. At the end of the day we'll see who looks more foolish.

The only thing Lebron did do the entire process that was bad was the show. A show in which was on of the most highly rated on the year, and in a prime time tv spot. There was no constant twittering, twit picking or anything else you seen all of the other guys doing. No ranting, no raving, no should I do this or should I do that teases to the fans. He did that special to feed the media all the food they had been begging for, so what.People are just looking for an excuse to put him on blast. If he would have said in that special he was coming back to Cleveland people would say it was the most triumphant thing of all time, but since he left he is master villain. Lets face it, if he told Gilbert two or three days in advance, the whole world would have knew he was leaving Cleveland, and more than likely his ultimate destination and it would have took a lot out of it. If he was truly going to keep his choice a secret then it had to be done that way, we all know if he would have let other GM's in on it, the news would have been out way before the announcement was even made.

^ The main thing is he was going to be the bad guy if he left Cleveland no matter how you spin it. No matter if his decision came out in a press release from his agent he was still destined to be hated, just for the simple fact of taking off the white hat, putting on the black, and leaving his hometown. The special is just a big time excuse for people to take attention off that fact and label him as the worst.

Go ahead man, be one of the biggest Lebron lovers and defenders one day then turn around and despise him the next. At the end of the day we'll see who looks more foolish.

The only thing Lebron did do the entire process that was bad was the show. A show in which was on of the most highly rated on the year, and in a prime time tv spot. There was no constant twittering, twit picking or anything else you seen all of the other guys doing. No ranting, no raving, no should I do this or should I do that teases to the fans. He did that special to feed the media all the food they had been begging for, so what.People are just looking for an excuse to put him on blast.

I'm looking for an excuse to blast him?

I was the BIGGEST LeBron supporter this side of the Ohio River and it's not even close. But, I cannot stand for this crap. It goes against everything that I believe in sports-wise. I cannot support someone getting theirs like this. Like I said, I liked him being in Cleveland, but leaving has nothing to do with why I feel like this. He has been classless in every capacity, except for the fact that I did like that he had a business like approach to having teams come in to talk.

He is part of the problem, not simply a sympathetic figure who "gave the media what they asked for". He practically begged them to ask for it. It bothers me that I cannot support him anymore, I have rooted for him and the Cavs harder over the last 7 years than I have Miami football or UK basketball for crying out loud. But, to me there are so many things other than winning. I would have loved to see Bron get a ring, but that really doesn't matter to me because he would have been my boy even if he had never won. I liked supporting him. I thought he was a guy that was about more than that, which I guess he is. I thought he was about loyalty. I don't mean loyalty as in staying forever, but I do mean that if he was going to leave not just throwing all of the people who actually do like him out to dry. Yes, Cleveland fans love him because he can play basketball for the most part, but he was one of their own. If you wore a Kobe jersey to the Q, you had better get ready to get some crap and maybe have to defend yourself. They had his back, win or lose.

Then he seemed disinterested for much of the Boston series. Playing bad was an excuse, looking as if you don't care was and is not. Leaving for a better situation is understandable, but throwing a party on national television to basically give the bird to your home town team is not. The people who are happy about everything that has gone on, want and need LeBron to win IMO. I don't (or didn't I guess), though I wanted him to because I thought he deserved to win. I liked the LeBron that had a fire in his eyes and went down swinging in the playoffs. The guy that had 45 against the Celtics in game 7 two years ago, nearly beating the Champs by himself. I liked the LeBron who gave credit to scrubs like Gibson, Mo, West, Big Z, and always had their back. I would have even settled for the flashy LeBron, the guy who was dancing and pretending to take pictures in pre-game introductions, the guy who would high 5 Jay-Z at games.

But I cannot endorse this LeBron. The sleazy, salesman where everything is a huge commercial for him. The guy that says he has to win 7 championships in 10 years, as Broussard reported. Winning 7 in 10 is something someone concerned about legacy would say. Someone who only wanted to win would say, I want to win them all IMO. LeBron's legacy and brand depend on him winning, not LeBron's happiness. Do you think any other player lets an injury (that's not too serious) take him out of the playoffs? Sure he played, but come on he didn't really "play". Kobe had 50 injuries this year, my goodness Andrew Bynum played on torn ligaments in his knee for crying out loud. Someone who wanted to win, who had to win, would have used the injury as fuel IMO, not an excuse to look disinterested or to quit playing for the last two minutes of a closeout game (that cannot be defended or swept under the rug, it happened).

And how would I look foolish? Hitler and Napoleon had some victories in their day, but where the people who disagreed with them foolish? Just because you do not like someones actions does not mean that you are foolish if they start to win. What exactly have I said here that is foolish?

^ The main thing is he was going to be the bad guy if he left Cleveland no matter how you spin it. No matter if his decision came out in a press release from his agent he was still destined to be hated, just for the simple fact of taking off the white hat, putting on the black, and leaving his hometown. The special is just a big time excuse for people to take attention off that fact and label him as the worst.

I would have been disappointed, but I could have lived with it had he done things in a better fashion. Maybe others could not have, but I could have.

I hate the fact that he feels he has to team with Wade and Bosh to win, but it's his decision and that's fine. It's his decision to act like a spoiled brat too, but I cannot and will not endorse that. That has to be fair enough. Maybe you haven't been along for the whole ride, but at one time I feel LeBron was more than just a walking billboard for himself. I think you and SSC should respect that. There has been no one more loyal that I have been, but if I feel this strongly about it I think you should respect the fact that he has become something I do not think I can support. Some "thing" is the important part, because I think LeBron forgot about the human side of him along time ago. I cannot see someone who truly loves Akron and NE Ohio putting on this parade.

What exactly have I said here that is foolish?

Haven't said you have said anything to be foolish. You know from our time on here together I normally support your views, and have never had any type of spat with you, and I see this as nothing more than a friendly debate. I don't want you to take anything personally the way you did with some of SSC's comments. Basically what I meant is I am a Lebron supporter. I like Lebron, he is my guy. I am very passionate about the Chicago Cubs. I am very passionate about the Dallas Cowboys. I am overly passionate about the Kentucky Wildcats. One thing I haven't ever had though is that passionate NBA team. I grew up loving Penny Hardaway so naturally I liked the Magic. I then turned to Vince Carter as a favorite player, but from the onset that changed to Lebron being my favorite. I love Lebron's game, and feel he is the most complete player in basketball. He is my favorite player and I have his back and feel he made the best decision for him. I have saw you countless times, like me, take up for Lebron. Bat off Kobe supporters and Lebron criticism. You seemed to like him as much as me. However, after all of this, it seems you have turned your back on him and went straight to line up with all those who previously have tossed hate Lebrons way, and started to toss stones along with them. From all of your comments on the situations it seems as if your reasoning for doing so whether admit ably or not are from your own personal expectations. You thought Lebron could possibly be the GOAT. You thought he had the potential to stay and win one with garbage around him. You were passionate about his legacy. Fact of the matter is, if your a true Lebron guy, you have his back either way, and you want to see him get a ring because he deserves it. You should be happy that finally he has help, and not just help, an all star supporting cast. Those talking about how big of a narcissist he is is quite frankly blowing things out of proportion. We loved all the commercials and all the antics he did while wearing a Cavalier uniform, but now he is switching it up, how dare him for doing this commercial, or doing this or saying that, what a narcissist. Please, its getting blown way out of proportion and I am just trying to call everyone's bluffs. People are making this way more of a deal then what is simply is.

Thus I say at the end of the day, I am a guy who has liked Lebron since he played at St. Vincent St Mary's and recognized his extreme talents. I am a guy that has pulled for him from day one, and will continue to pull for him and wish nothing but championships for his hard work. You on the other hand have seemed to go against him and wished nothing but ill fate. Eventually you may end back up on the Lebron bandwagon, it may just be initial shock. But when ten years go by and no one even thinks this way a big deal anymore, and he has a handful of rings, and everybody loves him again, I'd rather be the guy who still thought he was the man rather than the one who said, okay its enough, this guy sucks now, and acts like hes trash just because of one incident.

I would have been disappointed, but I could have lived with it had he done things in a better fashion. Maybe others could not have, but I could have.

How should he have done it then? All I have heard is how terrible a fashion he did this in, well how should it have been done, and still pleased everyone? The media, fans, other GM's? People were getting hurt either way he done it.

Maybe you haven't been along for the whole ride, but at one time I feel LeBron was more than just a walking billboard for himself. I think you and SSC should respect that. There has been no one more loyal that I have been, but if I feel this strongly about it I think you should respect the fact that he has become something I do not think I can support. Some "thing" is the important part, because I think LeBron forgot about the human side of him along time ago. I cannot see someone who truly loves Akron and NE Ohio putting on this parade.

CCC as I said above I do respect that, and mean nothing to you, from former debates you should know I like you and this is all for fun. But whether you realize it or not, the same Lebron you have supported for the past 7+ years, is still the same guy who took the stage in Miami last night. Exact same. I answered most of the other stuff in the above post.

Haven't said you have said anything to be foolish. You know from our time on here together I normally support your views, and have never had any type of spat with you, and I see this as nothing more than a friendly debate. I don't want you to take anything personally the way you did with some of SSC's comments. Basically what I meant is I am a Lebron supporter. I like Lebron, he is my guy. I am very passionate about the Chicago Cubs. I am very passionate about the Dallas Cowboys. I am overly passionate about the Kentucky Wildcats. One thing I haven't ever had though is that passionate NBA team. I grew up loving Penny Hardaway so naturally I liked the Magic. I then turned to Vince Carter as a favorite player, but from the onset that changed to Lebron being my favorite. I love Lebron's game, and feel he is the most complete player in basketball. He is my favorite player and I have his back and feel he made the best decision for him. I have saw you countless times, like me, take up for Lebron. Bat off Kobe supporters and Lebron criticism. You seemed to like him as much as me. However, after all of this, it seems you have turned your back on him and went straight to line up with all those who previously have tossed hate Lebrons way, and started to toss stones along with them. From all of your comments on the situations it seems as if your reasoning for doing so whether admit ably or not are from your own personal expectations. You thought Lebron could possibly be the GOAT. You thought he had the potential to stay and win one with garbage around him. You were passionate about his legacy. Fact of the matter is, if your a true Lebron guy, you have his back either way, and you want to see him get a ring because he deserves it. You should be happy that finally he has help, and not just help, an all star supporting cast. Those talking about how big of a narcissist he is is quite frankly blowing things out of proportion. We loved all the commercials and all the antics he did while wearing a Cavalier uniform, but now he is switching it up, how dare him for doing this commercial, or doing this or saying that, what a narcissist. Please, its getting blown way out of proportion and I am just trying to call everyone's bluffs. People are making this way more of a deal then what is simply is.

Thus I say at the end of the day, I am a guy who has liked Lebron since he played at St. Vincent St Mary's and recognized his extreme talents. I am a guy that has pulled for him from day one, and will continue to pull for him and wish nothing but championships for his hard work. You on the other hand have seemed to go against him and wished nothing but ill fate. Eventually you may end back up on the Lebron bandwagon, it may just be initial shock. But when ten years go by and no one even thinks this way a big deal anymore, and he has a handful of rings, and everybody loves him again, I'd rather be the guy who still thought he was the man rather than the one who said, okay its enough, this guy sucks now, and acts like hes trash just because of one incident.

CCC as I said above I do respect that, and mean nothing to you, from former debates you should know I like you and this is all for fun. But whether you realize it or not, the same Lebron you have supported for the past 7+ years, is still the same guy who took the stage in Miami last night. Exact same. I answered most of the other stuff in the above post.

I can respect that, and I didnt' take anything you said personally because it didn't seem like an attack :thumb:.

My thing is that I should be so pumped that he is finally on a team that should be able to play with anyone, but I can't be happy for him because of his actions. I do think that his legacy is hurt, but at the end of the day that's not as important to me as how he has acted in all of this. I initially defended his special somewhat, but by the time 9 o'clock rolled around I didn't even want to watch and it wasn't because I figured he was leaving.

The special just represents everything I hate in sports, and it seems that LeBron has become the leader of this part of it. I hate that he is selling himself more than ever now, because the people who jump on the wagon now are only along for the good times. There were good times in Cleveland, but no great ones I don't guess. And to me it seems like he is trying to branch out and get this whole new group of support, people that haven't always had his back. People that only like him when he wins. People who hated the fact that he was that young, that talented, and that cocky. Why try for their support if it's not all about trying to increase the brand? I think LeBron forgot alot of the people who have made him what he is today. The real fans maybe didn't make him a better basketball player, but they are the people who buy his jersey, buy his clothes and shoes, cheer for him and take up for him against the "Evil-Kobe Nation" :lol:.

Sure it is about him, it's his life and his career. But, don't openly spit in the face and mock the people who have given you the fame and riches you obviously enjoy. That is what the one hour special was to me, he gave the bird to all of his old school fans. I know that a big part of him wants to play with DWade and Bosh, but do it in a humble way and maybe thank the people of Cleveland and around the country for their support while you do it. I'm not joining anyone to throw stones, I'm just seeing alot of the same things they do for the first time.

I can respect that, and I didnt' take anything you said personally because it didn't seem like an attack :thumb:.

My thing is that I should be so pumped that he is finally on a team that should be able to play with anyone, but I can't be happy for him because of his actions. I do think that his legacy is hurt, but at the end of the day that's not as important to me as how he has acted in all of this. I initially defended his special somewhat, but by the time 9 o'clock rolled around I didn't even want to watch and it wasn't because I figured he was leaving.

The special just represents everything I hate in sports, and it seems that LeBron has become the leader of this part of it. I hate that he is selling himself more than ever now, because the people who jump on the wagon now are only along for the good times. There were good times in Cleveland, but no great ones I don't guess. And to me it seems like he is trying to branch out and get this whole new group of support, people that haven't always had his back. People that only like him when he wins. People who hated the fact that he was that young, that talented, and that cocky. Why try for their support if it's not all about trying to increase the brand? I think LeBron forgot alot of the people who have made him what he is today. The real fans maybe didn't make him a better basketball player, but they are the people who buy his jersey, buy his clothes and shoes, cheer for him and take up for him against the "Evil-Kobe Nation" :lol:.

Sure it is about him, it's his life and his career. But, don't openly spit in the face and mock the people who have given you the fame and riches you obviously enjoy. That is what the one hour special was to me, he gave the bird to all of his old school fans. I know that a big part of him wants to play with DWade and Bosh, but do it in a humble way and maybe thank the people of Cleveland and around the country for their support while you do it. I'm not joining anyone to throw stones, I'm just seeing alot of the same things they do for the first time.

Gotcha. :thumb:

Like I said, if you come back on the good side, I'm not going to ride you for it. :D

Gotcha. :thumb:

Like I said, if you come back on the good side, I'm not going to ride you for it. :D

I don't know. I guess maybe after it all settles in and settles down, we'll see. I've been a LBJ guy for a long time, so it would be a shame to stop now but I guess I'll just have to see how I feel.

I am a Kobe fan and have been since late 90's but I actually like Lebron more because if this decision. Two years ago before the Olympics Lebron played no defense and I dislike anyone not willing to give it all on both ends. Then after the Olympics I have seen signs of his defense getting better and more effort put into it , not only the blocks but the one on one defender he is becoming. I think within the next year or two now that he won't have to do so much one the offensive end his defense will pick up even more.

I think he made this decision knowing that it will put him in the Magic Johnson and Larry Bird area type status instead of the Micheal Jordan and Bill Russell status, imo. Not a big differnce now but ten years from this years when he will be remembered he will always have Wade connected to him.

I hate the fact that he feels he has to team with Wade and Bosh to win, but it's his decision and that's fine. It's his decision to act like a spoiled brat too, but I cannot and will not endorse that. That has to be fair enough. Maybe you haven't been along for the whole ride, but at one time I feel LeBron was more than just a walking billboard for himself. I think you and SSC should respect that. There has been no one more loyal that I have been, but if I feel this strongly about it I think you should respect the fact that he has become something I do not think I can support. Some "thing" is the important part, because I think LeBron forgot about the human side of him along time ago. I cannot see someone who truly loves Akron and NE Ohio putting on this parade.

I'm not sure why you brought me into this after asking me to not post about your posts, but it is very debateable that you are his biggest supporter. I understand why you're upset, but the guy is a 25 year old kid that made a bad decision to broadcast his "decision". That's his only mistake.

I'm not sure why you brought me into this after asking me to not post about your posts, but it is very debateable that you are his biggest supporter. I understand why you're upset, but the guy is a 25 year old kid that made a bad decision to broadcast his "decision". That's his only mistake.

It's not debatable. I like LeBron and still do but no one has gone through the lengths that Cats has gone to defend LeBron. When I think of LeBron I think of Cats. Maybe one day you will endure all that Cats has had to endure over the past 2 years on this board defending someone only to have that person you were defending ruin 2 years of defending in a week's time. Everything we told Cats LeBron was he turned out to be and Cats didn't find out until after defending him for the last two years. It'd be like me defending Kobe saying he never raped that girl only to have video of it surface tonight on ESPN. That's very disappointing. I still think as time goes on Cats will be back to defending LeBron but now it's still a fresh wound. You were mentioned after he said don't respond to him because you have been the hardest on him about all of this. Obviously. He has a right to feel however he wants to about LeBron as we all do. He has said numerous times how he has followed LeBron for over half of his life. Let the man grieve and release how he wants. Last thing he needs to do is defend himself when a lot of us know how he has been up against the firing squad for the last 2 years anyways. He's picked the Cavs to win it all for the last 3 years.....give him a break.:lol:

It's not debatable. I like LeBron and still do but no one has gone through the lengths that Cats has gone to defend LeBron. When I think of LeBron I think of Cats. Maybe one day you will endure all that Cats has had to endure over the past 2 years on this board defending someone only to have that person you were defending ruin 2 years of defending in a week's time. Everything we told Cats LeBron was he turned out to be and Cats didn't find out until after defending him for the last two years. It'd be like me defending Kobe saying he never raped that girl only to have video of it surface tonight on ESPN. That's very disappointing. I still think as time goes on Cats will be back to defending LeBron but now it's still a fresh wound. You were mentioned after he said don't respond to him because you have been the hardest on him about all of this. Obviously. He has a right to feel however he wants to about LeBron as we all do. He has said numerous times how he has followed LeBron for over half of his life. Let the man grieve and release how he wants. Last thing he needs to do is defend himself when a lot of us know how he has been up against the firing squad for the last 2 years anyways. He's picked the Cavs to win it all for the last 3 years.....give him a break.:lol:

I can't spell, but all I said is it was debatable. Other people have mentioned it too. I feel bad for Cats, but all LBJ did was change teams as a free agent. That was his right.

I can't spell, but all I said is it was debatable. Other people have mentioned it too. I feel bad for Cats, but all LBJ did was change teams as a free agent. That was his right.

I agree. Just trying to give you some insight as to why Cats feels the way he does. It seems like you and dolamite gave him the hardest time over his feelings. Especially by calling him out and saying he isn't a true LeBron supporter when history shows he is likley the biggest LeBron supporter. I respect the fact he isn't blindly loyal to LeBron and shows that despite his allegiance to LeBron he is disgusted by his choice to play at. I can't say I would do the same for Kobe. In fact, I am ready to root and debate for Kobe regardless of where he ends up.....even if he and Shaq teamed back up:puke:.........:puke:........To each his own though.

You know you keep bringing up the fact that he is only 25 years old....He's still alot older than I am brother :lol:.