Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

Kareem was traded to the Lakers. Who was on the team when he was sent there? And LeBron isn't running to Boston or LA, he's running to Miami a team ran by the guy who will play Batman to his Robin.

Kareem demanded a trade to L.A. or New York. In L.A., you had a team that had played in the NBA finals two years prior and won it three years prior. In New York, you had a team that was coming off a conference finals finish, and had been to the NBA finals three out of the four years before that, winning two of them. Wow, he just sought out the wastelands.....

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Cats is trying to convey is that he is a huge LeBron fan and felt he had a chance to be the best in NBA history. By going this route, he severely butchered that opportunity.

I personally don't see how he was ever going to be the best in NBA history when he had no prayer of catching Jordan or Kobe in rings in his current situation. Try to imagine LBJ winning 5-6 titles in Cleveland. It just doesn't equate. Rings aren't everything, but they're a huge thing.

Kareem demanded a trade to L.A. or New York. In L.A., you had a team that had played in the NBA finals two years prior and won it three years prior. In New York, you had a team that was coming off a conference finals finish, and had been to the NBA finals three out of the four years before that, winning two of them. Wow, he just sought out the wastelands.....

Don't let facts get in the way. I totally am w/ you. If Lebron got drafted by the Bulls, Lakers, or Celtics or got traded there as a rookie he wouldn't be having any of these things said. Shaq was drafted by Orlando, couldn't get it done there and went to LA and won 3 titles as the best player. Is that discounted? If Lebron was born in KY would this be ok?

As a Cleveland fan and former Ohioan I think there is more to the fan perspective than simply he was a free agent and made a business decision. Granted it was his decision and he has every right to make it, but don't expect the fans in Cleveland to be happy about it or how it all played out. Cleveland is not exactly a Mecca for entertainment and that is especially true from October - March. Almost the whole city supported the Cavs and LBJ in part because there isn't a lot else to get excited about in the winter in Cleveland and he was arguabley the biggest star in Ohio after the Buckeyes (who have had a history of let downs lately). The memories of the Browns leaving town are still there and now LBJ departs. Unlike Jordan, LBJ was considered a hometown hero in Cleveland and it is not like the Cavs have been a marginal team with no chance at a Championship. Lebron will not get the love in Miami that he had in Cleveland. He might get a championship or two, but there are too many other entertainment options in Miami and other stars on the Heat for him to be what he was in Cleveland. Yes it is a business and LBJ made a business decision, but it is more than just a business to the fans and to Cleveland. If it was solely on business decision he would have made more money by staying in Cleveland.

We'll never know how LeBron would have done in Cleveland. It took Jordan 6-7 years before he won in Chicago. LeBron could have stayed and won in Cleveland. Why people act like 7 years was enough time is baffling. Is that the new precedent? Give your drafted team 7 years and if you can't beat them join them? Did we just shift from the MJ generation to the Bandwagon generation?

LeBron will be one of the greatest talents ever but he will never be a top 5 player in league history. As was stated earlier, he has butchered any chance to be the greatest to ever play. I am not mad at him but I understand the disappointment caused by him going to be a glorified Scottie Pippen instead of the next generations MJ. We may never see a talent like him again and instead of watching that talent lead a team to the title he is joining a super team to try and get a title.

What you're really saying is that you're upset LBJ left Cleveland & now you're trying to discredit the man's decision. As a neutral observer, I have no problem with it and do not think there are too many ulterior motives for the move to SouthBeach.

Your comment about Jordan & Kobe not joining the best team so that they can beat the best is laughable.

Kobe stuck it out and look where it got him. Kobe demanded they trade Bynum and look where it got him. Maybe if Cleveland's front office would have ran their front office like the Lakers instead of letting LeBron run the front office maybe they would have a ring or two already.

Maybe he wants a team like that. Is this his choice? He was able to go where he wanted right?

Doesn't mean it has to be liked by everyone including his biggest supporters. Many of his advisors, friends and family are disappointed in this decision and how it will affect his legacy.

Don't let facts get in the way. I totally am w/ you. If Lebron got drafted by the Bulls, Lakers, or Celtics or got traded there as a rookie he wouldn't be having any of these things said. Shaq was drafted by Orlando, couldn't get it done there and went to LA and won 3 titles as the best player. Is that discounted? If Lebron was born in KY would this be ok?

All Shaq does is ride coattails to glory. I expect to see him apologizing to Wade and Riley and begging for a spot on the Heat. They need a center......

Kobe stuck it out and look where it got him. Kobe demanded they trade Bynum and look where it got him. Maybe if Cleveland's front office would have ran their front office like the Lakers instead of letting LeBron run the front office maybe they would have a ring or two already.

Kobe stuck it out WITH THE FREAKING LAKERS! One of the best franchises in the NBA and one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.

Doesn't mean it has to be liked by everyone including his biggest supporters. Many of his advisors, friends and family are disappointed in this decision and how it will affect his legacy.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees the irony in calling Lebron a prima donna and a self-centered jerk in the same breath as saying that this decision ruined his legacy...

Kobe stuck it out WITH THE FREAKING LAKERS! One of the best franchises in the NBA and one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees the irony in calling Lebron a prima donna and a self-centered jerk in the same breath as saying that this decision ruined his legacy...

Yep rough life sticking it out with the most successful franchise in all if basketball. Good thing Jeter stuck it out w/ the Yankees after Torre was shown the door.

Mostly Kobe haters are loving this and saying it will ruin his legacy. He has to win rings to be an all timer, but he can't do it with other good players. Nice logic. The deal is Kobe supporters know LBJ, Wade, and Bosh will win 2 of the next 3 then possibly the 3 after that. Kobe has one chance now and they know it. They should start tearing down LBJ now.

All Shaq does is ride coattails to glory. I expect to see him apologizing to Wade and Riley and begging for a spot on the Heat. They need a center......

Hold on PP92. I know you love Kobe, and Kobe deserves a lot of credit for the first 3 championships, but that was Shaq's team and he certainly wasn't riding coatails. Maybe a little more so in Miami, but I think that is extremely unfair to him.

What Cats is trying to convey is that he is a huge LeBron fan and felt he had a chance to be the best in NBA history. By going this route, he severely butchered that opportunity.

:thumb:

What you're really saying is that you're upset LBJ left Cleveland & now you're trying to discredit the man's decision. As a neutral observer, I have no problem with it and do not think there are too many ulterior motives for the move to SouthBeach.

Your comment about Jordan & Kobe not joining the best team so that they can beat the best is laughable.

I would have loved for him to stay in Cleveland, but I could have took going to Chicago, NY, NJ or even LAC. I just think it's weak to go play with DWade. Everyone doesn't see it this way, but to me it is a cop-out.

People do not understand just how hard it has been to be a LeBron and Cavs fan over the last 7 years. I've gotten all kinds of crap, and every year it seemed like they might be able to steal a championship only to fall short in disappointing fashion. And now he's going to a team that once they get some nice role players, should win the title every year IMO. I didn't sit through 7 years of tough times in the playoffs, to see LeBron move on to some dream team before his job in Cleveland was finished. That has nothing to do with his decision I know, but it really makes it hard for me to like or endorse this move. I believe as much as anyone that if anyone in the NBA deserves an all-star teammate or two it's LeBron because he's never had any. But going to play with Wade just seems to me like LeBron has completely sold himself short.

We'll never know how LeBron would have done in Cleveland. It took Jordan 6-7 years before he won in Chicago. LeBron could have stayed and won in Cleveland. Why people act like 7 years was enough time is baffling. Is that the new precedent? Give your drafted team 7 years and if you can't beat them join them? Did we just shift from the MJ generation to the Bandwagon generation?

LeBron will be one of the greatest talents ever but he will never be a top 5 player in league history. As was stated earlier, he has butchered any chance to be the greatest to ever play. I am not mad at him but I understand the disappointment caused by him going to be a glorified Scottie Pippen instead of the next generations MJ. We may never see a talent like him again and instead of watching that talent lead a team to the title he is joining a super team to try and get a title.

This is exactly how I feel.

While I understand what you're saying, last time I checked it was Lebron who was taking the court 82+ games a year, not his advisors or friends. Lebron makes the cash and works for it, no one else. It was his decision and his alone to make!

While I understand what you're saying, last time I checked it was Lebron who was taking the court 82+ games a year, not his advisors or friends. Lebron makes the cash and works for it, no one else. It was his decision and his alone to make!

But that doesn't mean people have to like his choice or his motivations for making a choice. Have you ever disagreed with a friend or relatives decision?

I would have loved for him to stay in Cleveland, but I could have took going to Chicago, NY, NJ or even LAC. I just think it's weak to go play with DWade. Everyone doesn't see it this way, but to me it is a cop-out.

People do not understand just how hard it has been to be a LeBron and Cavs fan over the last 7 years. I've gotten all kinds of crap, and every year it seemed like they might be able to steal a championship only to fall short in disappointing fashion. And now he's going to a team that once they get some nice role players, should win the title every year IMO. I didn't sit through 7 years of tough times in the playoffs, to see LeBron move on to some dream team before his job in Cleveland was finished. That has nothing to do with his decision I know, but it really makes it hard for me to like or endorse this move. I believe as much as anyone that if anyone in the NBA deserves an all-star teammate or two it's LeBron because he's never had any. But going to play with Wade just seems to me like LeBron has completely sold himself short.

This is exactly how I feel.

So you feel cheated. That's fair.

How did LBJ sell himself short by going to play with another superstar? That's one thing that makes zero sense to me. If anything, he would have sold himself short by going to a bigger market with a less talented team, IMO.