Holmes next coach will be......

The only thing Wimzie lacks is head coaching experience. Considering he was along side Coach Henley the past 13 years though, I don't see how anyone could use that against him.

I personally don't think he'll get the job, but I don't think there's another better candidate out there. Confusing, I know, but it really just depends on what direction Mr. Madrick wants to go in.

Coach Sully is a guy that will be there for years and years to come. I'm not sure how much longer Bud wants to coach,

Bud Wimzie is a great mentor to the kids in the Holmes program but I am not sure that he is the guy that will get excited and get after players when they need it. I may be wrong but he has always looked to be more laid back and seems to handle things differently than coach Sullivan would. But then again who was anymore laid back on the bench than David Henley? Coach Sullivan has worked with Bud and the type of kids that Holmes has in their program and they have always shown him a lot of respect. I know that when they won state 2 years ago Sully was one of the first people that a lot of the players were looking for after the victory and he was one of the first to congratulate the players as well. Ron Madrick and Sully's mother have a long history as well of working together and Sully is thought of very highly by Mr. Madrick adn others in the Holmes system.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud Wimzie is a great mentor to the kids in the Holmes program but I am not sure that he is the guy that will get excited and get after players when they need it. I may be wrong but he has always looked to be more laid back and seems to handle things differently than coach Sullivan would. But then again who was anymore laid back on the bench than David Henley? Coach Sullivan has worked with Bud and the type of kids that Holmes has in their program and they have always shown him a lot of respect. I know that when they won state 2 years ago Sully was one of the first people that a lot of the players were looking for after the victory and he was one of the first to congratulate the players as well. Ron Madrick and Sully's mother have a long history as well of working together and Sully is thought of very highly by Mr. Madrick adn others in the Holmes system.

Very legit points.

Linda Sullivan was an admin at Holmes and her and Ron Madrick always had a great friendship.

Regardless of whether it's Wimzie, Stubblefield, or Sully that gets the job I have no doubt in my mind that Holmes will continue to be one of the elite programs in nky and also statewide as far as talent goes.

I will say this....I'd be surprised if someone with no Holmes ties got the job.

Before we all get caught up in one of the "top teams in the state" and "has the potential to win state," may I remind you that starting next season the Holmes Bulldogs will become a Division II program.

I have to think that they are going to be D-II for a reason other than that their enromment is slipping. 800 kids is still a lot of kids. I think they made this move at this time because the talent pool drops off somewhat, and whoever takes this job is looking at a rebuilding/reloading scenerio.

If they were still riding the wave and were potentiial state contenders, I really doubt they would have taken the drop in class to D-II.

Before we all get caught up in one of the "top teams in the state" and "has the potential to win state," may I remind you that starting next season the Holmes Bulldogs will become a Division II program.

I have to think that they are going to be D-II for a reason other than that their enromment is slipping. 800 kids is still a lot of kids. I think they made this move at this time because the talent pool drops off somewhat, and whoever takes this job is looking at a rebuilding/reloading scenerio.

If they were still riding the wave and were potentiial state contenders, I really doubt they would have taken the drop in class to D-II.

I agree Mustang. I have followed Holmes younger groups the past few years and although they are always athletic and talented there are no future Ricardo / JJ's/ Elijah's/ Duran Jeffersons, etc.

I assume you are talking about D-II in the Northern Ky. Athletic Conference? They are probably doing that for other sports versus for boys basketball. Maybe there isn't a Rico or Elijah there but Holmes always has enough talent to be a contender.