Holmes next coach will be......

Instead of continuing to threadjack the Henly to North Oldham thread......

Who will be the likely candidates for the Holmes job? Early favorites seem to be Carr from Scott HS and Tim Sullivan from Cooper.

Carr has done a great job turning around the Scott program and Sullivan is one of the top young coaches in N Ky. Both are alumni and coach styles that would be fun to watch at Holmes.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Carr a good fit at Holmes? I know his connection to the school but does he fit as coach?

Sullivan ... I think Holmes will draw a coach with a better resume.

Holmes should draw interest from experienced coaches with a winning track record as a head coach at a bigger school. It will likely take an impressive resume to get this job.

I have no idea who will get the job, but I would assume that the Holmes administration will spend as much time finding the guy who can handle all the non-coaching 'stuff' that Coach Henley did so successfully. I think anyone familiar with Holmes and their program recognizes that Coach Henley was presented with much more off the court stuff than the coach'c at many other schools. Obviously Coach Henley did a tremendous job handling all of this. I do not think all winning coach's are necessarily able to handle the same 'stuff'

I have no idea who will get the job, but I would assume that the Holmes administration will spend as much time finding the guy who can handle all the non-coaching 'stuff' that Coach Henley did so successfully. I think anyone familiar with Holmes and their program recognizes that Coach Henley was presented with much more off the court stuff than the coach'c at many other schools. Obviously Coach Henley did a tremendous job handling all of this. I do not think all winning coach's are necessarily able to handle the same 'stuff'

:thumb: It will take a special coach to take over and be as successful as Henley has been. Will be interesting on who they hire.

I say if he wants the job it is his. Coach Sullivan left Mason to take the asst. job at Holmes thinking maybe that Henley would be leaving soon. He has a lot of support in the administration there. He got along great with the kids there while he was there and grew up in that program. It may be hard for him to consider leaving the new program he started at Cooper but there is always the possibility of a chance at winning state @ Holmes. They go through cycles of players and will be back in the near future I am sure.