Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes next coach will be......

Featured Replies

Instead of continuing to threadjack the Henly to North Oldham thread......

 

Who will be the likely candidates for the Holmes job? Early favorites seem to be Carr from Scott HS and Tim Sullivan from Cooper.

 

Carr has done a great job turning around the Scott program and Sullivan is one of the top young coaches in N Ky. Both are alumni and coach styles that would be fun to watch at Holmes.

  • Replies 238
  • Views 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Carr a good fit at Holmes? I know his connection to the school but does he fit as coach?

 

Sullivan ... I think Holmes will draw a coach with a better resume.

 

Holmes should draw interest from experienced coaches with a winning track record as a head coach at a bigger school. It will likely take an impressive resume to get this job.

I would say it's Sullivan, if he wants it though? He has had two head coaching stops, St. Patrick and Cooper, along with two big programs in Holmes and Mason county. It would seem he has paid his dues.

I'm betting on Sullivan, but Carr would not surprise me at all. Both IMO are good coaches. Different styles, but capable of winning none-the-less.

I have no idea who will get the job, but I would assume that the Holmes administration will spend as much time finding the guy who can handle all the non-coaching 'stuff' that Coach Henley did so successfully. I think anyone familiar with Holmes and their program recognizes that Coach Henley was presented with much more off the court stuff than the coach'c at many other schools. Obviously Coach Henley did a tremendous job handling all of this. I do not think all winning coach's are necessarily able to handle the same 'stuff'

What about Coach Dave Faust? Big time coach for a big time program.

What about Coach Dave Faust? Big time coach for a big time program.

 

I just Don't see it happening. At least not to Holmes.

I have no idea who will get the job, but I would assume that the Holmes administration will spend as much time finding the guy who can handle all the non-coaching 'stuff' that Coach Henley did so successfully. I think anyone familiar with Holmes and their program recognizes that Coach Henley was presented with much more off the court stuff than the coach'c at many other schools. Obviously Coach Henley did a tremendous job handling all of this. I do not think all winning coach's are necessarily able to handle the same 'stuff'

 

:thumb: It will take a special coach to take over and be as successful as Henley has been. Will be interesting on who they hire.

I say if he wants the job it is his. Coach Sullivan left Mason to take the asst. job at Holmes thinking maybe that Henley would be leaving soon. He has a lot of support in the administration there. He got along great with the kids there while he was there and grew up in that program. It may be hard for him to consider leaving the new program he started at Cooper but there is always the possibility of a chance at winning state @ Holmes. They go through cycles of players and will be back in the near future I am sure.

I just Don't see it happening. At least not to Holmes.

Not a chance.

I must be out of the loop. Did Coach Henley officially leave?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.