Everything posted by Gallopin Ghost
-
Winton Woods (OH) 77 Covington Catholic 70
Sure would have liked seeing the Shumate boys playing for their uncle!
-
Indiana state finals ... sound familiar?
I was at the Indiana State finals on saturday for the 3A and 4A games. Yes it was the same old story. I do not want to call the Indiana schools just private, but parochial schools. This has long been a problem in Indiana football. I coached there from the early 90's until 2007. At one time the parochial schools were forced to play up a class, then that went away. I know that the Indiana football coaches association has an upcoming vote to require all state champions to play up a class the following year except obviously the 5A class. Will be interesting to see if it passes!
-
Rowan County’s Wing picks Evansville
I thought I heard in the Spring that Travis Ford at Oklahoma St. had made an offer.
-
You write the funny caption 2
Can we get to Ludlow bromley yacht club from here!
-
You write the funny caption 6
No need to bow down to me! I KNOW I am a football god!
-
You write the funny caption 7
Dr. Frankensteins attempt at making the perfect football player failed miserably!
-
Top Players in NKY
Cruse has the talent to be the BEST! player in the 9th region if he wants to be,( along with Hatton) I just question if he has the want to!
-
What causes a team to be very good from 7-9th grade but average or below on Friday
There are so many reason why things change in sports programs from middle school to high school it is crazy to try and even compare. 1. Some kids move from one program to another before high school. 2. Some kids plain and simple quit, I coached for nearly 20 years and the best two middle school players I ever saw dropped out of high school by their junior years. 3. Coaching has a small part in it, such as player developement, but once again the player has to put out the effort to develope himself. 4. Some varsity programs have coaches who just plain cannot be head coaches, they interview well, get the job, but cannot relate to the players and they do not have success. One could go on and on. But in my opinion, the biggest factor is a players desire to keep playing and to get better. It is the biggest factor hands down and there is not even a close 2nd!
-
Could the Panthers be scouting already?
Never too early to scout! The more info you have the better. I know team that have scouted practices! albeit illegally!
-
Top 5 Tight Ends in NKY
The Beechwood player is Cory Cruse, Heard that he visited "OLE Miss" this summer and they showed some interest in him, but wanted him to bulk up a lot!
-
Hard for me to see
Old Guy, PM me and let me know where this was at. I would love to stop by and have a discussion with the coaches concerning safety of the players.
-
Who will get the Beechwood job?
I think there are some coaches who are not certified teachers. Some schools hire in coaches in non-certified positions such as study hall supervisors, alternative/discipline supervisors etc. That way they are at least in the building. I think that is few and far between nowadays but it use to be the case quite often.
-
Who will get the Beechwood job?
The main factor is finding a coach who can fill an open teaching position in the school. I think they are determined to have the coach be in the building. This does not always mean that the best coach will get the job, but the best fit for the school does.
-
Is Rick Shumate leaving Beechwood?
FYI, Shumate is either 47 or 48, I think he has some underwear that is 42 years old! :dancingpa Congrats to Rick, and to South Dearborn great fit for both!
-
Is Rick Shumate leaving Beechwood?
South Dearborn school is not even on the same level as Beechwood. the gym seats nearly 4,000. Has an aux gym and two other gyms in one of the other schools on campus! At Beechwood the varsity boys program would get bumped out of the gym by the Ft. Mitchell rec leagues on saturdays.
-
Is Rick Shumate leaving Beechwood?
Good for him.
-
What's the most difficult Position to play in football?
A Field goal kicker or his mom! lol
-
What's the most difficult Position to play in football?
Hardest to play would be reciever for the Old Owen Hauck/Boone County offense! Never ever got to be in on the play! LOL
-
Beechwood 2011/2012
Beechwood has always played those two teams in fact, since Shumate took over he is 2-2 vs. Conner and 2-3 vs CCH. They also play , Holy Cross, Holmes, NCC, Boone Co., St. Henry, Highlands, Newport, Lloyd, ALL A, Bellevue and Villa, sounds like a pretty tough schedule to me. Minus Ryle in the 9th who arent they playing who will be in top 10, no one?
-
Beechwood 2011/2012
Just saw Beechwoods schedule for next year, 1st of all sorry to Bishop Brossart for leaving them off the DII list earlier, Tigers have a interesting 1st month of the season! 12/10 Conner; 12/13 Pendleton Co.; 12/14 Dixie Heights; 12/16 Mason Co.; 12/28-12/30 Pikeville INVT.; 1/3 Bishop Brossart; 1/6 Covington Catholic; 1/7 Shelby Co. The rest of the schedule is more of the same! Sounds like the Tigers are going to be bringing it every night from here on out!
-
Beechwood 2011/2012
Check out the KHSAA enrollments and you will see why Holmes is in the DII. They just dropped back down, and the DII does not have a weak road, Highlands, NCC, St. Henry, Newport, Holy Cross, Lloyd, Beechwood, Holmes. Remember these divisions are only for NKY conference play! It gives the teams something to brag about if they win the division is all it is, maybe put a banner in the gym!
-
Beechwood 2011/2012
The Divisions are divided up basically by enrollment, I do believe they are intended to act like conferences, but it requires the DIII schools to play each other in a home and home round robin each year thus taking up 14 games of your schedule. Since coach Shumate took over at Beechwood, they are 55-1 at the varisty level and I think they have only three losses at the JV level. I think the feeling was that Beechwood needed to be able to free up some games in order to get better prepared for the post season run. Watching the teams play over the past few years from a fan stand point I think Beechwood will miss playing the DIII schools, but in order to get over the hump to be competitive night in and night out they had to move up.
-
Beechwood 2011/2012
They had to add St. Henry, and Lloyd to the schedule and put Newport, Highlands back on also. I heard they have added Mason County also. Moving out of DIII opens up a lot of games for Beechwood, I am sure coach Shumate will be playing as schedule that will prepare the Tigers for the post season.
-
Beechwood Field House
Hopefully they can get around to fixing the roof of the gym that leaks every time it rains!
-
Any news on a new Covington Catholic's head coach?
I did hear that the Tigers requested to move up to DII conference for the next year, so now they will be playing all the top schools in NKY and if I know Shumate he will start to schedule the top teams in the state also. Watch out District 35, no longer will the Tiger starters run out of gas in the 4th quarter against you, since they will no longer be playing schools that they are ahead of by 25 or 30 points at the half and with Coach Shumate being the class coach he is he usually sat the starters early in those games.