Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 2011/2012

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2011/2012 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Beechwood? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood going Division II this year. Absolutely brutal schedule they will have, no more D III teams. I think its great for the school. Losing Fangman will be huge hole on offense.

Beechwood going Division II this year. Absolutely brutal schedule they will have, no more D III teams. I think its great for the school. Losing Fangman will be huge hole on offense.

 

Long overdue if they want to compete on the level at their football & baseball teams--Good for them. Best of luck to the Beechies this year.

They should have a nice big physical team with Cruse, Nussbaum, Maus and Mckenzie. I wonder where they will get the replacement for Fangman though. If they are smart they pound it inside on teams and try to own the paint.

They should have a nice big physical team with Cruse, Nussbaum, Maus and Mckenzie. I wonder where they will get the replacement for Fangman though. If they are smart they pound it inside on teams and try to own the paint.

 

Big, yes. Physical ... not so sure. They could be that but none of the three big guys are what I would call physical or even low post style players. The huge question for this team is where does the offense come from. Fangman was the only offensive threat they had last year against tough opponents. Cruse and Maus have potential but need to figure out their offensive game. McKenzie needs a lot of work and a tougher attitude. There is talent there no doubt and good size. They have a huge opening at the 2 guard spot and no options in sight. Maybe Cruse plays the 2 since he likes to shoot it and you move Maus to three and put Eyckmans on the floor in the middle. Now that would be a team with size and a physical presence.

Assuming they will schedule the all the other NKAC Division II schools this year if they are moving up?

IMO their year depends on the development of the McKenzie kid.

Assuming they will schedule the all the other NKAC Division II schools this year if they are moving up?

 

They had to add St. Henry, and Lloyd to the schedule and put Newport, Highlands back on also. I heard they have added Mason County also. Moving out of DIII opens up a lot of games for Beechwood, I am sure coach Shumate will be playing as schedule that will prepare the Tigers for the post season.

They had to add St. Henry, and Lloyd to the schedule and put Newport, Highlands back on also. I heard they have added Mason County also. Moving out of DIII opens up a lot of games for Beechwood, I am sure coach Shumate will be playing as schedule that will prepare the Tigers for the post season.

 

I was just curious, as they had to schedule a home & home with each D-III opponent I believe; and D-II only requires a single game vs. each other D-II school. Should allow them to add some more challenging games to their schedule.

Does a team get to choose what division they play in? Or did BW get too big for D3?

We all have our opinions on coaches. I think Rick does a nice job with BW. I've always like the offense he runs. I just don't think he usually has enough basketball players.

Does a team get to choose what division they play in? Or did BW get too big for D3?

 

I was wondering the same thing. How are the divisions established in northern Kentucky? Who plays in what division? What does the champion receive? Are division games major events? Lots of questions!

Does a team get to choose what division they play in? Or did BW get too big for D3?

 

It's actually size driven as I understand, but some schools petition to play up. Holmes has always played up, but now is moving back down to D-II where their current size dictates. Schools like Brossart & NCC moved up to D-II years ago to better the competition, and allow for more flexible scheduling. This year D-II consists of Holmes, Highlands, Holy Cross, NCC, St. Henry, Brossart, Newport and now Beechwood if I'm not forgetting anyone?

Don't really understand the need for divisions in KY High School Basketball. If we had multiple state champions, I could understand it, but with only one Champion being crowned, why bother. Is it just for regular season scheduling purposes? Should be abolished imo. Someone give me a valid argument why divisions are a good thing. I mean really.........., what does a conference championship really mean??

Don't really understand the need for divisions in KY High School Basketball. If we had multiple state champions, I could understand it, but with only one Champion being crowned, why bother. Is it just for regular season scheduling purposes? Should be abolished imo. Someone give me a valid argument why divisions are a good thing. I mean really.........., what does a conference championship really mean??

 

It means you are the best in conference.;-) Just kidding RE.

 

I think its basically Regional classsification based on enrollment sizes thats all.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.