Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hard for me to see

Featured Replies

The last two evening with the temps in the mid 90's and with the heat index above 103 and what do I see while closing a couple of the County Parks Rest Rooms? Grade school kids in full pads with helmets on practicing football!

 

Now understand I have no problem with kids playing football but in this heat and in full pads no less? :eek::ohbrother:

 

What in the heck are the adult coaches thinking and where are these young kids parents at.

The last two evening with the temps in the mid 90's and with the heat index above 103 and what do I see while closing a couple of the County Parks Rest Rooms? Grade school kids in full pads with helmets on practicing football!

 

Now understand I have no problem with kids playing football but in this heat and in full pads no less? :eek::ohbrother:

 

What in the heck are the adult coaches thinking and where are these young kids parents at.

 

They are not thinking, that is the problem. I know some of the youth coaches in our youth league cancelled practice tonight.

The last two evening with the temps in the mid 90's and with the heat index above 103 and what do I see while closing a couple of the County Parks Rest Rooms? Grade school kids in full pads with helmets on practicing football!

 

Now understand I have no problem with kids playing football but in this heat and in full pads no less? :eek::ohbrother:

 

What in the heck are the adult coaches thinking and where are these young kids parents at.

 

I agree with me. That is just a little crazy.

Gotta practice to win, win, win.

Our youth league follows the KHSAA's heat index guidelines and uses the same charts we do on the high school level. I can really appreciate the fact that they care enough to want to be safe!!!! Not sure how anyone could imagine a 7 or 8 year old passing due to a heat illness caused by youth football...I pray it doesnt happen. Scares me to even imagine!

Craziness. It's too dang early for youth leagues to be starting in the first place.

The last two evening with the temps in the mid 90's and with the heat index above 103 and what do I see while closing a couple of the County Parks Rest Rooms? Grade school kids in full pads with helmets on practicing football!

 

Now understand I have no problem with kids playing football but in this heat and in full pads no less? :eek::ohbrother:

 

What in the heck are the adult coaches thinking and where are these young kids parents at.

 

Totally agree with you and the other posts in the thread. Football is a hard enough sport to play to begin with, I wonder how much "fun" these kids were having those evenings?

 

I'm as big a high school football fan as anyone, but I've seen and heard too many bad things about so many of the youth teams to endorse a young kid playing. I'm not trying to use one bad apple to spoil the cart, as I've seen plenty of bad apples at various levels tip the cart.

TOG, add me to the list of people that agree with you. It's absolutely insane for youth football teams to be practicing in full pads during this weather.

My rule when I was involved with Lions Football, when it was this hot, no equipment, walk thru's, chalk talk and plenty of water breaks, no running at all. Coaches today are foolish and don't understand along with some parent's. I got out do to the win win attitude and only playing the best player's. JD

Those coaches should be released from that program.

Old Guy, PM me and let me know where this was at. I would love to stop by and have a discussion with the coaches concerning safety of the players.

Add me to the list with everyone else TOG...

Pretty simple really. Get a psychrometer and follow the KHSAA guidelines for heat index to the letter. Yesterday, no one should have been on the field before 7 pm and that should have been in helmets only with wet towels and ten minute water breaks every 30 minutes.

I know many BC teams practice at Idlewild.

I have taken my kids off the field due to lightning that was ignored by everyone else and I have told a youth coach how it was gonna be regarding heat and water breaks. He told me he was trying to toughen the boys up (age 9-10). I told him he was going to kill them and that if the high school didn't practice my son wouldn't be there and he would have water whenever he wanted it. My kids were extremely embarrassed but parents have got to step up and protect their kids.

Edited by Sutton
typo

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.