Holmes next coach will be......

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Coach Dave Faust? Big time coach for a big time program.

What about Coach Flynn?

What about Dilts from Dayton?

My money is on Tim Sullivan. I think he would do great down there.

Just to get them all out there.....

What about Listerman from Cov. Cath or Mullins from Ryle or McQueary from Boone or Key from LLyod or Brannen from NCC or Shumate from Beechwood or Hicks from Conner or Chevalier from Dixie or Starkey from Villa or Davis from Heritage or Goetz from Holy Cross or Highfield from Ludlow or Menefee from Bellvue? We miss anyone? :ohbrother:

What about Listerman from Cov. Cath or Mullins from Ryle or McQueary from Boone or Key from LLyod or Brannen from NCC or Shumate from Beechwood or Hicks from Conner or Chevalier from Dixie or Starkey from Villa or Davis from Heritage or Goetz from Holy Cross or Highfield from Ludlow or Menefee from Bellvue? We miss anyone? :ohbrother:

Steiner?

Purely from a talent side, Holmes is probably one of the top jobs in the state. No disrespect, but many of the names being thrown out there in this thread have ZERO chance of being the coach at Holmes IMO. Remember, Henley was a D1 college assistant before coming to Holmes. I have to believe there will be some high caliber coaches with long time winning records as head coaches that will apply for this job. Anyone who doesn't have a strong winning record as a head coach better interview well and come strong to have a chance.

Only the best one of the bunch--But hopefully he won't apply. :D

Honestly, the best candidate out there is Asst. Coach John "Bud" Wimzie but I'm not sure he wants the job. I can see him staying on and helping as an assistant, just as he has the past 13 years but whether or not he wants the head coaching job is something that only he knows. I'm pretty sure he interviewed for the job when Henley was hired.

Coach Sully would be a good fit at Holmes for the simple fact that he's young, energetic, and understands where these kids come from. When he was the JV coach at Holmes, he was the one that helped develop guys like Dom Johnson, Jamel Riley, Elijah Pittman, Terrence Clark, Braeon Avery, and Willie Slusher (to name a few).

I have no doubt in my mind that Mr Madrick and the Holmes administration will make a good move when they hire a new coach.

I have no idea who will get the job, but I would assume that the Holmes administration will spend as much time finding the guy who can handle all the non-coaching 'stuff' that Coach Henley did so successfully. I think anyone familiar with Holmes and their program recognizes that Coach Henley was presented with much more off the court stuff than the coach'c at many other schools. Obviously Coach Henley did a tremendous job handling all of this. I do not think all winning coach's are necessarily able to handle the same 'stuff'

Bud Wimzie should also get a lot of credit for this as well. Obviously Coach Henley understood these kids and knew how to handle them, but don't think for one second that as far as mentoring goes that Coach Wimzie wasn't the one who handled the majority of the "off the court" issues.

Wimzie has been a father figure for a lot of the kids that have come through the Holmes program over the past 13 years.

Mike Stubblefield current assistant at Holmes would be a great fit, he was former head coach in Tenn. and knows the program and knows how it is ran on a day to day basis.

I think Mike would be a good fit as well, but I think from a personal standpoint either Sullivan or Wimzie would be better candidates for the job.

Bud Wimzie should also get a lot of credit for this as well. Obviously Coach Henley understood these kids and knew how to handle them, but don't think for one second that as far as mentoring goes that Coach Wimzie wasn't the one who handled the majority of the "off the court" issues.

Wimzie has been a father figure for a lot of the kids that have come through the Holmes program over the past 13 years.

I think Mike would be a good fit as well, but I think from a personal standpoint either Sullivan or Wimzie would be better candidates for the job.

I think you're on to something. Who would be a better fit than Coach Wimzie???

I think you're on to something. Who would be a better fit than Coach Wimzie???

The only thing Wimzie lacks is head coaching experience. Considering he was along side Coach Henley the past 13 years though, I don't see how anyone could use that against him.

I personally don't think he'll get the job, but I don't think there's another better candidate out there. Confusing, I know, but it really just depends on what direction Mr. Madrick wants to go in.

Coach Sully is a guy that will be there for years and years to come. I'm not sure how much longer Bud wants to coach,