Holmes next coach will be......

How much does a varsity head coach make? What is the range from a 1A program to a top big school program?

Just a guess, but I'd say being an assistant principal and the head coach at a program like Holmes, you'd be making somewhere in the range of 80-100k per year.

I'd assume if Booher were hired to be the head coach at Holmes, he'd also fill the assistant principal void left by Henley.

Salaries of education administrators depend on several factors, including the location and enrollment level of the school or school district.

According to a survey conducted by Educational Research Service, average salaries for assistant principals in the 2007-2008 school year were as follows:

Assistant principals:

Senior high school 79,391

Jr. high/middle school 76,053

Elementary school 71,192

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos007.htm#earnings

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess, but I'd say being an assistant principal and the head coach at a program like Holmes, you'd be making somewhere in the range of 80-100k per year.

I'd assume if Booher were hired to be the head coach at Holmes, he'd also fill the assistant principal void left by Henley.

Does Booher have the credentials to be an assistant principal?

Salaries of education administrators depend on several factors, including the location and enrollment level of the school or school district.

According to a survey conducted by Educational Research Service, average salaries for assistant principals in the 2007-2008 school year were as follows:

Assistant principals:

Senior high school 79,391

Jr. high/middle school 76,053

Elementary school 71,192

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos007.htm#earnings

I heard that the coaching position did "Not" bring along the asst principal position with it. I also heard that this was the main reason for Steve Wright withdrawing his name from consideration.

A coaching position is a separate position. In some cases a school may have only one vacant position and the school will try to find a coach that is certified for that position. With so much emphasis on test scores and budget restraints, the day of finding a coach and creating a position for the coach very seldom happens now.

I would say Coach Booher is the guy for the job if he is a candidate. Not knocking the other coaches, but does anyone else have 3 state championships (2 - All A and the big one) in the past two seasons or in their career for that matter?

I heard that the coaching position did "Not" bring along the asst principal position with it. I also heard that this was the main reason for Steve Wright withdrawing his name from consideration.

I like Steve and know he is from Northern Kentucky, but am not certain he would be a good fit for this job.

I would say Coach Booher is the guy for the job if he is a candidate. Not knocking the other coaches, but does anyone else have 3 state championships (2 - All A and the big one) in the past two seasons or in their career for that matter?

You'd like to think that if you could win the "Big" one that you could win the "A" in the same year.

You'd like to think that if you could win the "Big" one that you could win the "A" in the same year.

He had some special players on those SV teams and that is a weaker Region but his resume speaks for itself and it sounds like he really sold them on his enthusiasm as well.