Holmes next coach will be......

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing this should tell us is Holmes doesn't look for locally connected candidates. I think Carr and Sullivan are very good and both are good candidates, but Holmes draws a lot more than just local guys. It really is a big job.

Imo this is a huge mistake on the selection committee's part. I heard that Larry Miller is almost 60 years old. If this is true he can't be expected to want to coach very much longer but of the two candidates he definitely has the most experience coaching the inner-city kids. Does anyone know what coach Booher's experience is with the type kid he will be coaching @ Holmes? This could be a huge culture shock for him. I think that Sullivan and Carr were both much better suited to handle this job than Booher for that reason but politics works in funny ways as we all know

Agree. Did Sullivan and Carr even get a interview?

Booher has had stops at the following places:

Henry Co

Corbin (assistant)

North Hardin (assistant)

Shelby Valley (assistant and head coach)

Belfry (head coach)

I don't think him coaching at Holmes would be as big of a hurdle as some of you are making it sound. With his up and down, quick paced style, I think Holmes athletes would fit well in to his system.

From today's paper and nky.com:

Holmes could have a new boys' basketball coach in place by early next week, filling one of the top coaching vacancies in the state.

The selection committee in charge of narrowing the field of candidates for the position finished its first round of interviews Thursday. Covington superintendent Lynda Jackson said the school received 27 applications and interviewed six candidates.

Jackson said the committee will narrow the field for a set of second interviews, which she will attend.

Then she will make her choice.

Originally, school officials wanted a coach in place May 24. Jackson said a decision could come much sooner.

"I'm thinking we might have something by Monday or Tuesday," she said." We're pushing it up a little bit."

Booher has had stops at the following places:

Henry Co

Corbin (assistant)

North Hardin (assistant)

Shelby Valley (assistant and head coach)

Belfry (head coach)

I don't think him coaching at Holmes would be as big of a hurdle as some of you are making it sound. With his up and down, quick paced style, I think Holmes athletes would fit well in to his system.

I think that it is important that Wimzie be retained as well.

I think that it is important that Wimzie be retained as well.

I agree....Anyone who is close to or familiar with the Holmes program knows that while Henley was a good coach, Bud Wimzie did a lot as well that went unnoticed by the general public..

Reports from earlier on Holmes job are FALSE; no offer has been made yet and that is confirmed

Jackson still has the final say. If she doesn't feel right with the candidates things could change. Also money could come into play as several of the candidates took themselves out of the process due to money from what I heard.