Holmes next coach will be......

He has also allegedly interviewed for the Bardstown job.

Any truth to any of these rumors?

I seem to remember someone mentioning Booher 2 weeks ago when it comes to the Holmes job, so I have to believe there's some truth to him being interested in the position and interviewing for it.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember someone mentioning Booher 2 weeks ago when it comes to the Holmes job, so I have to believe there's some truth to him being interested in the position and interviewing for it.

By all accounts, he's been burning up the highways lately.

Sure sounds like it.

If he indeed interviews for the job, I have to believe he'd be the favorite to get it.

Coming off a Sweet 16 title, I'd have to think he'd be the favorite for just about any school in the state that was serious about being successful.

Booher interviewed today for the Holmes job. They are interviewing 7-8 applicants from Ohio and KY.

Coming off a Sweet 16 title, I'd have to think he'd be the favorite for just about any school in the state that was serious about being successful.

While winning a state championship makes for a nice resume, it doesn't necessarily mean he is the best man for the job. There are a lot of other factors that will weigh into finding someone who is a nice fit for the school and their athletic program.

While winning a state championship makes for a nice resume, it doesn't necessarily mean he is the best man for the job. There are a lot of other factors that will weigh into finding someone who is a nice fit for the school and their athletic program.

I understand what you are saying, but the mighty Bulldogs have only won one themselves. So winning a state title surely can't be held against this candidate. I get the feeling we are heading towards a former Holmes assistant and I am not sure that is the way to go. I am a bit suprised as the AD generally is a bit of a wild card with his selections.

I heard some really nice things about Sullivan today from a Varsity coach with a very nice resume. Sullivan from what I understand is a true Covington guy who grew up there and starred there in the early 90's. I would like to see Sullivan get the job.

I heard some really nice things about Sullivan today from a Varsity coach with a very nice resume. Sullivan from what I understand is a true Covington guy who grew up there and starred there in the early 90's. I would like to see Sullivan get the job.

Sully is Covington born and raised. He along with his brother played for Holmes, his mother is in administration up there or at least was when I was in school there. Sullivan may be young to the Head coaching experiences but he has some of the intangibles the other coaches may not have.

Yes Carr too graduated, played, and was an assistant at Holmes maybe 99-2001ish. I would assume these canidates have an advantage over others because of there ties to the program.