Everything posted by Snappy502
-
16TH Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?
Where did this PG transfer for Rowan come from?
-
Realignment??
Hey Clark County and Montgomery County have such an issue with where our regional tournament is played that moving to other regions might work better for them. For Clark County the drive over to Richmond to the 11th is close and Montgomery County in the 16th seems like a better fit for them. I think by all means these two schools should move into a region that is more "naturally" fitting for them. And, with that they never have to make another trip to the Fieldhouse!
-
10th Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?
I will even go out a little farther on the limb and state you could have an all-star team consisting of the rest of the regional teams excluding Mason/Clark players with that team having a high degree of difficulty knocking off the big two in 10th regional tournament play. In my opinion that is how far the teams drop off after Mason/Clark!
-
10th Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?
Mason/Clark Clark/Mason------------the only way any other team has a chance to make the finals is these two meet in the semifinals! Don't overlook Pendleton but with that being said they are many furloughs back from the two previously mentioned teams! This seems to probably be the last year of the Mason/Clark domination so set back and wait for another Fieldhouse classic.
-
16TH Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?
I totally agree....I thought Fairview was lucky to get as far as they got last year! For me it's 1) Elliott County 2) Ashland and after that alot of what ifs with West Carter and Rowan County! I like what Rayburn can do and he has a real good shot, with him being fully healthy he should also be much improved.
-
16TH Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?
It's TK and the crews to lose.....09 wasn't the last go around for Elliott County but this campaign definately is and I hope this team takes full advantage of it with possibly getting a lucky draw at Rupp! This team should win 30 plus games and be a major player at the All "A" in Richmond!
-
Behanan picks Louisville
To be honest I'm glad this kid has came along, in regards to Mr. Basketball he will kinda let us know what the criteria is for an award were seemingly none of us know what the criteria is except you must be in the senior class. Does playing out of state during your high school career hurt you? Does playing in far flung parts of the state or far from the Lexington media market hinder your chances? How much is the signing with Kentucky or whatever particular school help or hurt the chances. Behanan will get alot of questions answered when you put him beside two Kentucky high school legends who have been on the scene for it seems like forever in Knipp and Stenzel.
-
Behanan picks Louisville
Well a season has to be played yet but you have to admit the kid has three things not in his favor: in the western part of the state, signed with a school the other 119 counties in the state would rather say is in Indiana and played a portion of his high school years in Cincinnati. Also, did him or his reps get Cal to offer just to stage him up.....it is a question you have to ask and would make him less favorable across the state. I said for months it's a two horse race between TK and Stenzel so come next spring I will have to see how the prediction holds true!
-
Behanan picks Louisville
Timmy Knipp just got the big trophy sent to Sandy Hook with this announcement! TK FOR MR. BASKETBALL 2011!
-
44 days until practice starts
I think everybody in Kentucky needs to pen Mr. Kenny Chesney a letter saying a KY version of his current hit song needs to be recorded! We could even lend our very own legend/songwriter Dale Ferguson tell help him belt it out!
-
44 days until practice starts
This is Kentucky, did you really think we cared about football! Can't wait for the greatest sport in the greatest state for it to get rolling!
-
Danville 21 Mason County 14
Who were the Royals defense players that did help besides Josh Harris?
-
Ashland/Mason County Scrimmage
Who do u think the key players that helped on the royals defense
-
Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers
Not actually in Winchester because there isn't where Stenzel lives.
-
Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers
Who wants to say that Stenzel signing with EKU might effect Timmy's status with the Colonels? From what I've been told the two are good friends so this might be an interesting development.
-
Stenzel To EKU
His dad went to Berea and he also has an uncle Joe Bane who played at Campbellsville from Tollesboro along with with being related to the great Chris Harrison who played for Kentucky. His grandfather was also a great player for the Maysville Bulldogs many years ago. One of the great basketball families in the 10th region!
-
Who is in your top 10 for next season?
Elliott County could crack the list with the whole team returning from a 20+ win season last year! Depending on the schedule with Timmy and crew Elliott could rack up 30 wins which would put them in the hunt for top 10 status.
-
Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers
No way Stenzel considers Georgetown or Pikeville and Timmy doesn't give Northern Kentucky a second look. These two have graduated from anything below Division 1! This goes along with what I've said for a year now....Mr. Basketball is a two horse race between Knipp and Stenzel with Behannen not being considered for the Cincinnati years!
-
Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers
Well that wouldn't be a hard choice.......UTEP versus Samford or New Hampshire! What has UTEP on this Kentucky recruiting kick wonder?
-
Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers
It may be 6 offers now but Timmy is a rising stock on an up tic, more offers will come pouring in! Will have to say the UTEP offer is intriguing. Who wouldn't want to set up shop deep in the heart of Texas?
-
Mason County 2010/2011
The season objective is simple: win the now called Mason County Invitational (formerly 10th region tournament) in middle March get to Rupp Arena and see what happens!
-
Morgan County 2010/2011
They lost a number of seniors if I recall correctly, when you combine that with the season they went through it looks like another tough season in West Liberty! Will make this statement, in the games I saw the Cougars play they played hard no matter the score which is a big testament to the staff.
-
Pendleton County 2010/2011
That's very true about the Pendelton/Ashland situation, Buddy went up there thinking he was going to dominate but after running into the Elliott machine I wonder if he wishes he would have went elsewhere? I will state again that Gregg kid would make a huge impact in Falmouth and would go great along with Monroe.
-
Pendleton County 2010/2011
Pendleton should be able to handle the Tomcats, I never was too impressed with Ashland from what I've seen end of last year. Interesting topic here, did the Gregg kid who plays for Ashland ever play with htis Pendleton County group? I believe his grandfather is Jimmy Gregg who was a great Wildcat player back in the 70's and from what I've been told he went to Pendleton many years ago-----that's what I was told not from any Pendleton County fans though. I will say this he would make Pendleton a major player in the tenth if he was in Falmouth!
-
Pendleton County 2010/2011
Can Pendleton on a given night beat Mason or Clark? Unfortunately at this moment for rest of the 10th region teams have to ask that question about themselves. In my opinion use those two succesful programs as a drving force and see what happens in March, looking forward to seeing Monroe this year. I'm a tenth region purist and I realize a strong Pendleton program makes the tenth region better as shown in 05 and 06.