Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers

Elliott County forward Timmy Knipp, who led the state of Kentucky in scoring as a junior, holds six scholarship offers from college.

The 6-foot-7 Knipp, who averaged over 30 points a game for the Lions and was a first-team All-State selection, picked up his latest offer from UTEP.

Knipp also has offers from Duquesne, Marshall, Radford, Tennessee Tech and James Madison.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2010/08/states-leading-scorer-has-6-offers.html

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never watched the kid play but have heard good things about him. Good to see he's going to have some opportunities should he choose one.

Sneaky athletic. Real cool character from what I have seen of him, of course, that was during his Sophomore year.

Joey Demling wrote:

Eastern High School senior Kameron Woods was among several in-state players landing scholarship offers on Sunday.

But Woods, who had a breakout summer, grabbed the biggest offer of all.

Woods picked up an offer from Tulane and later in the day from NCAA Tournament runner-up Butler, bringing his total to 10. He said he's also heard from Boston College.

Also on Sunday, UTEP offered scholarships to four Kentucky kids - Warren Central's George Fant, Eastern's Remy Abell, Clark County's Robbie Stenzel and Elliott County's Timmy Knipp.

Stenzel, who had a big showing at the AAU Nationals, also landed offers from Samford and New Hampshire.

Edited by Waldo
need to tell who wrote this

It may be 6 offers now but Timmy is a rising stock on an up tic, more offers will come pouring in! Will have to say the UTEP offer is intriguing. Who wouldn't want to set up shop deep in the heart of Texas?

I don't know if I'd want to set up shop in El Paso. Right across the boarder from the crime infested Juarez.

What about state schools like EKU and MSU?

Don't know about Knipp, but Stenzel has offers from both. This is from J Demling on Stenzel:

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2010/08/stenzel-adding-offers.html

Clark County guard Robbie Stenzel had a solid ending to his summer with the Shining Stars-Davis team and is adding scholarship offers.

The 6-foot-4 Stenzel had a big-time effort in Orlando and Scout.com national analyst said in a report that "if it's shooter with grades you fancy, cast a look Robbie Stenzel's way. He's a Patriot League bombadeer."

Stenzel, who has started at Clark County since the eighth-grade, has added offers from UTEP, Samford and New Hampshire since the end of the AAU Nationals event.

He also holds offers from Gardner-Webb, Eastern Kentucky, Morehead State, Tennessee Tech, Pikeville College and Georgetown College.

No way Stenzel considers Georgetown or Pikeville and Timmy doesn't give Northern Kentucky a second look. These two have graduated from anything below Division 1!

This goes along with what I've said for a year now....Mr. Basketball is a two horse race between Knipp and Stenzel with Behannen not being considered for the Cincinnati years!

Who wants to say that Stenzel signing with EKU might effect Timmy's status with the Colonels? From what I've been told the two are good friends so this might be an interesting development.

Edited by gold sunrise