Knipp, State's leading scorer has 6 offers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it extends beyond, but the last three Mr. Basketball's from the 4th Region did not play in Rupp their senior year, and the last two never made it. Jon Hood never played in the Sweet 16. Etc., etc.

Maybe Behanan has to play there to be a lock for the award, but it would take some supreme performances by guys who get there to take it from him.

I think there are a couple of guys who could take the award. Knipp or Hickey for instance could make a case especially their teams are favorites in their regions to get to the sweet 16. Getting out of the region plays a role no doubt.

Behannen has become one of the top recruits in America. He has risen fast over the summer in the recruiting circles, and in my opinion is the far and away front runner for Mr. Basketball preseason. Name recognition goes a long way in this award and he is being name dropped by the likes of ESPN, Rivals, Scout, and others on a daily basis.

Isn't NKU making the jump into D-1 very soon? I thought that was the reason for building the new gym. I've said this many times. A FREE college education is a free education and some of the best schools are not D-1. Any free education is a great opportunity for any kid. Just my opinion.

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. What a tremendous honor it is to recieve an offer from a solid institution! If you're at a college and responsible for awarding scholarships that means the college in question is getting ready to invest certain thousands in a 'kid' of whom not that much is reallly known. Will he party his opportunity away? Will he even be able to tolerate the college life away from girlfriends and parents and the like? It's a crapshoot from their perspective and a golden opportunity for the student athlete.

Behannen has become one of the top recruits in America. He has risen fast over the summer in the recruiting circles, and in my opinion is the far and away front runner for Mr. Basketball preseason. Name recognition goes a long way in this award and he is being name dropped by the likes of ESPN, Rivals, Scout, and others on a daily basis.

I agree, I think he wins regardless of if his team goes to Rupp.

I agree, I think he wins regardless of if his team goes to Rupp.

He could. Think it all depends on what type year he has and stays healthy. There is alot of talent in this 2011 class. Things could change if other players do well and they do well in the state tourney.