Everything posted by Waldo
-
Best Players at "All A State" so Far?
Carson Williams
-
Augusta/Owen County predictions
I''ll be there cheering you on, Panthers.
-
All Time Starting 5 by Region
10th region--Gerry Calvert, Chris Lofton, Deron Feldhaus,,Ronny Lyons, Larry Wood, George Cooke, Fred Walker, Clay Evans ,Alvin Simms and Chris Harrison. Can't just pick 5.
-
All Time Starting 5 by Region
Ronnie Lyons , no way he could be left out.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
I would add Kirk Ruggles to my list from Tollesboro.
-
All "A" State Brackets Released
where's it being played?
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
Ruggles and Fite were both very tough and very competitive. Jack Applegate would be my number 2 pick for Tollesboro but didn't play much because of bad knees and had several operations. He was as tough as they came.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
Shunway passed away about a month ago and Howard died years ago. Shunway played in the early 50"s .
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
I've watched Tollesboro from the late 40's until they closed. My pick would be Chris Harrison , Al Bane, Marty Voiers, Bob Bane and Mike Thoroughman and Dewy Bryant. For Lewis Co , Jim Bloomfield, Harold Billman, Eddie Scott, Ralph Davis and Tracy Shunway and Johnny Lykins. Just my opinion.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
Big Bopper was right on with his selection on Lewis Co.
-
Augusta vs. Mason County Predictions
Mason by 23.
-
Lewis County 55 Fairview 52
congrats Lions=nice win
-
Running clock in basketball ?
If that was the case back when I was coaching, the games wouldn't have been 45 minutes long.
-
Lewis County 65 Ashland 52
Congrats Lions
-
Augusta's Brent Bach commits to Bellarmine
Wish the kid a bright future.
-
KY JR All-Stars invites goes out
Bret Ruckel from Lewis Co should have been on the Sr try out list.
-
Mason County's Shawn Johnson signs with Campbellsville
I was wrong, they will play in the Mid South Conference again next year and the next year will play in Division 3 NCAA. They will play each other next year.
-
Mason County's Shawn Johnson signs with Campbellsville
Georgetown may not play Campbellsville next year. They are moving to NCAA division 3 and will be in a different conference and play teams of that conference. I'm sure there's reasons why they made that move but don't know what they are. I really lIKe the KIAC.
-
Mason County's Shawn Johnson signs with Campbellsville
I think he will do well down there. He really needs to work hard this summer and work with weights and get stronger. He'll be ok.
-
Missing school for state tourney?
The high school I taught at ,never once took off for the state tournament. I think that if schools are playing in the state tournament ,then they should turn out school for the day of the game and thats all. Just my opinion.
-
Montgomery County 69 Augusta 58 (10th)
You're right!
-
Augusta 75 Robertson County 62 (10th)
Mason Monroe?
-
Augusta 75 Robertson County 62 (10th)
I've seen larger crowds there. I've seen people turned away at the door before.
-
Harrison County 53 George Rogers Clark 50 (10th)
Jenkins is a nice ballplayer.
-
Augusta vs Robertson County Predictions (10th)
Go Devils, you can do it.