Realignment??

I caught wind the other day that the khsaa will be doing another realignment for basketball this fall. I immediately got on BGP to see what the rumors are and low and behold I see nothing.

Is there going to be another realignment for basketball? If so, how much change will be taking place?

Thanks.

I think there has been some discussion of basketball realignment (western Kentucky and Jefferson County in particular), but I've not heard anything official and I can't imagine anything going into place this fall. Perhaps they'll discuss it this fall and implement it next season?

The one I keep hearing is that the 10th region is going to continue to move North and take in some teams from the 9th because of the new schools up there. Montgomery to the 16th and Clark Co to the 11th because they are the most southern school in the 10th region. Nothing official, just rumors.

The one I keep hearing is that the 10th region is going to continue to move North and take in some teams from the 9th because of the new schools up there. Montgomery to the 16th and Clark Co to the 11th because they are the most southern school in the 10th region. Nothing official, just rumors.

There aren't any new high schools schools in N. Ky. that I am aware of except Cooper. That is the only new high school in the past 10 years or so. Maybe I am forgetting someone. There are 19 schools in Region 9 and 17 schools in Region 10. There also are "N. KY. schools" in Region 8. I could see them realigning all three of those regions and putting all the schools most people traditionally think of as N. Ky. together into two regions. There could be a lot of basketball teams changing regions if they head down that path.

Probably both of them.

Depends on what CFS does. They jump in and out so much it would be smarter to move both Livinston and Lyon to the 1st region.

Not sure how they would divide districts 2-4 up.

1st district you would think would stay the same.

1st Region will need realignment with the consolidation of McCracken county schools.

To keep 4 district teams they will need to shift someone from the 2nd region down to the 1st. Possibly Livingston Central or Lyon County

Livingston has always been the logical choice although it would make the Fifth District a three team district. Personally I think its time to do away with districts and play one regional tournamentnthat everhone qualifies for

Livingston has always been the logical choice although it would make the Fifth District a three team district. Personally I think its time to do away with districts and play one regional tournamentnthat everhone qualifies for

Interesting. I've thought about that before, but wasn't sure how logical it was. I doubt it will ever happen, though.

One less week of the postseason. Region teams equally split tournament revenue. It makes tbe region tourney even more of a special event and gives fans a chance to see all region teams instead of tbe same 8-9 every year

I love it. Each team play everyone once in their region and seed it.

The last thing they need to do to the 11th is add Clark Co. Its already a loaded region in general. I'd like to see them move some teams out of the 11th not move another great team in.

Hey Clark County and Montgomery County have such an issue with where our regional tournament is played that moving to other regions might work better for them. For Clark County the drive over to Richmond to the 11th is close and Montgomery County in the 16th seems like a better fit for them. I think by all means these two schools should move into a region that is more "naturally" fitting for them. And, with that they never have to make another trip to the Fieldhouse!