Realignment??

The last thing they need to do to the 11th is add Clark Co. Its already a loaded region in general. I'd like to see them move some teams out of the 11th not move another great team in.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is loaded. I have heard that they may be moving Scott Co to the 10th, but who know what they will do.

The one I keep hearing is that the 10th region is going to continue to move North and take in some teams from the 9th because of the new schools up there. Montgomery to the 16th and Clark Co to the 11th because they are the most southern school in the 10th region. Nothing official, just rumors.

Schools on the outer fringes of certain regions are going to have to be moving. With consolidating schools in WKy and especially EKy in recent years, it can't be avoided. Hopefully, part of that will address the illogicality of the 8th Region, most notably the Frankfort/WestHi/Franklin Co. problem. There is no reason for those schools not to be in the 8th, especially when you consider Anderson Co. is in the 8th.

Hey Clark County and Montgomery County have such an issue with where our regional tournament is played that moving to other regions might work better for them. For Clark County the drive over to Richmond to the 11th is close and Montgomery County in the 16th seems like a better fit for them. I think by all means these two schools should move into a region that is more "naturally" fitting for them. And, with that they never have to make another trip to the Fieldhouse!

It's not exactly nest door for Campbell, Brossart, Pendelton & Scott either, although I personally love the atmosphere of the Fieldhouse?

One less week of the postseason. Region teams equally split tournament revenue. It makes tbe region tourney even more of a special event and gives fans a chance to see all region teams instead of tbe same 8-9 every year

I don't like taking away he district. That provides a championship for teams. Only 1 team per region can win a region so this gives more championship opportunities. Also, a lot of programs are not going to want to play all the regional teams in a season in order to seed.

I don't think a small realignment would be a terrible idea for some schools. I can't say a whole lot about teams farther down south, but I have always found Walton Verona's schedule a little weird. They play a few teams around here but most of their away games it seems are about 30 minutes to over an hour away. I just feel like if they were in the 9th playin teams like Boone, Dixie, Lloyd, St. Henry and so on that are 10-15 minutes away it would make more sense to me.

I don't like taking away he district. That provides a championship for teams. Only 1 team per region can win a region so this gives more championship opportunities. Also, a lot of programs are not going to want to play all the regional teams in a season in order to seed.

Agreed. The thought of our seeding for the region depending on getting one shot at a team at their place in the 15th is scary. You would have a lot of teams with .500 records, perfect at home and 0'fer on the road.

Agreed and I think you would see a lot of 60 point blowouts in the first round of these "regionals' because the teams that aren't very good are suddenly thrown out there against really good teams. This format would send us spiraling into class basketball.