16TH Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to believe Ashland is 1, and Rowan 2 with the addition of Townsend, and any team Timmy Knipp is on has a chance to beat you. GC is talented, but they have issues with the guy in the 1st chair (have they fired him yet?). West has 2 nice players in Brown and Rayburn and could be a factor.

Ashland, Rowan and Elliott will be tough. I like West Carter's team if they can stay healthy. Rayburn was hurt some last year, and Brown is recovering from a little bit of knee surgery. Lawson and Bond will be tough as well. I think WC could end up being one of the better teams in the region this season.

Elliott Co. is the favorite. Knipp, Ison, point guard back. Ison had solid AAU season and will be solid in the post. Timmy won't have to play in there. He's gonna score 45 and there's nothing you can do about it.

Ashland will be solid, but will have to replace Skaggs who ran the point last year and was the catalyst for them all season.

Rowan will be strong with Wing and company.

Greenup? Who knows?

Edited by spindoc

It's TK and the crews to lose.....09 wasn't the last go around for Elliott County but this campaign definately is and I hope this team takes full advantage of it with possibly getting a lucky draw at Rupp! This team should win 30 plus games and be a major player at the All "A" in Richmond!

I totally agree....I thought Fairview was lucky to get as far as they got last year! For me it's 1) Elliott County 2) Ashland and after that alot of what ifs with West Carter and Rowan County! I like what Rayburn can do and he has a real good shot, with him being fully healthy he should also be much improved.

I totally agree....I thought Fairview was lucky to get as far as they got last year! For me it's 1) Elliott County 2) Ashland and after that alot of what ifs with West Carter and Rowan County! I like what Rayburn can do and he has a real good shot, with him being fully healthy he should also be much improved.

Not to be argumentative, but Fairview was loaded last year.

I saw Rowan a couple of times this summer. I still think they're a notch below Elliott. However, I don't think that there is much separation at the top, and I suspect that as February winds down there will be about 5/6 teams that have a shot at the region. I have no doubt that Rowan and Elliott and Ashland will be 3 of them. And let's not forget that the winner of the 64th gets a bye (due to the RH sanction in year 2, not that it would have mattered). May give Ashland a little edge. Maybe not.