Newport 60 Holmes 34

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Wildcats! Don't stop here....any chance BOKA will me made available for practice in preparation for Rupp? Seems like that would be a good preparation to see as much of it as possible...

Love the attitude and demeanor of the Wildcat players. You could see poise and an inner confidence from the beginning of the game. Enjoy this a couple of days with the long break. All of NKY is behind you! Surely, not many doubters remain.

totally agree with straighshooter. Coach Rusells troops have great attitudes and demeanor. Very disappointed in Elijah and his antics. Newport players kept their mouths closed and just played as hard as they could possibly play.

Newport went right after Holmes from the start and never slowed down.

Congratulations to all Newport faithfull who have been through all the ups and downs. Its been a long time since Newport won the region. Good luck in Rupp, no matter the outcome you will make the rest of NKY proud.

Great job by the Wildcats!

I was really impressed with the gameplan by Coach Aric Russel and the Newport Wildcats today. Cody Collins played a great game when defending Pittman. The Wildcats did a great job on the boards, limiting Holmes second-chance points.

I can't say enough about the play of Demarcko Foster. His game is fearless, smooth, and downright a joy to watch.

Congrats to the Wildcats on getting to Rupp, you deserve it boys!

Is that the biggest upset ever in nky prep sports?

No way, I dont consider it that big of an upset. Sure, Holmes was the favorite, but I don't think a lot of people are too surprised about Newport winning. Winning by 26, maybe...

A big day for Newport basketball.

Aric Russell has been through some tough times in Newport but has perservered and reaps the rewards of a regional championship.

I couldn't be happier for all associated with the Newport program especially guys like John Atkins who has been around the Newport program through thick and thin, basketball or football, day or night, near or far. I'm happy too for Wade, who has to be very proud of his Wildcats today, and to all associated with the Newport program.

Holmes was the anointed champion coming into the formality of a regional championship game after having beaten the Cats on two previous occasions this year. Goes to show why you play the game and don't merely phone them in!

Congratulations to the Newport Wildcats!!!

I am also happy for big John and especially Wade. That guy is a fixture down there at Newport man. :ylsuper:

Congratulations to the Newport Wildcats :thumb: What an enjoyable game to watch. You flat out outplayed, out hustled, and outsmarted a historic team that has gotten far on athletic ability alone. Good for you for showing that smart ball in addition to great talent and athletic ability can take you even further. You're a fun team to watch. Keep that self confidence and hunger when you go up against most likely Christian Co., a similarly intense team as the Bulldogs. You've proved to everyone today that you can and that you have as excellent a chance as any team in the state to bring home the prize. Just charge on down to Lexington and pick up from where you left off today. You're a team of destiny. Go shock the state of Kentucky and show them just what great basketball is all about. :ylsuper: