Jets 37 Bengals 0

For those of you who apparently think the Bengals threw the game, why would they want to play the Jets instead of the Texans?

Wait... you think they came out and tried to win tonight? Were we watching the same game?

There's a reason why Vegas has made them the favorite next week.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... you think they came out and tried to win tonight? Were we watching the same game?

There's a reason why Vegas has made them the favorite next week.

Did I say they tried to win the game? My point was why throw it? Would you rather play Houston or NYJ?

I find all this "holding back" stuff amusing. It's the 16th game of the season and every team has tape on every other team. They know what plays they generally run, what plays work, which ones don't against certain teams/defenses. There just ain't all that much you can "hold back" other than your starters and some meaningul effort. No team is going to be implementing wholesale scheme changes on either offense or defense in the next 5 days. You go with what got you here. For the Bengals, it was an average offense and very strong defense. The offense is probably pushing the "below average" category overall and the defense is missing some key players. I don't think they match up well with the Jets at all.

I find all this "holding back" stuff amusing. It's the 16th game of the season and every team has tape on every other team. They know what plays they generally run, what plays work, which ones don't against certain teams/defenses. There just ain't all that much you can "hold back" other than your starters and some meaningul effort. No team in going to be implementing wholesale scheme changes on either offense or defense in the next 5 days. You go with what got you here. For the Bengals, it was an average offense and very strong defense. The offense is probably pushing the "below average" category overall and the defense is missing some key players. I don't think they match up well with the Jets at all.

I think you may be right. :scared::puke::cry:

People worried about this score...

You think Indy is worried about getting beat 30-7 today by a non-playoff team. And yes, they played their starters a while too.

Cincy had some of their best players inactive. This game had trainwreck written all over it. Cincy wanted to be safe. NYJ needing the win, last game ever at their stadium. Score was irrelevant tonight, IMO.

Houston is much much much more explosive on offense. The Jets have a nice Oline and Jones is physical. I think the Texans are a lot more scary team. 85 isn't even in the same league as Revis! Revis is the best in the NFL! 85 is way down the list of WR's.

I don't like not having momentum but it's hard to beat a good team twice in a row in the NFL. That's why I worry about Dallas next week too. I think Cincy will be absolutly rocking which is bad news for a rookie QB! The Jets should be pretty one dimensional next week unless Brad Smith pulls out some trickery!

Colts/Chargers in a class of their own IMO on that side. I think Balt will upset NE.

If they were going to not try Chad shouldn't have played after slipping and Carson should have played 1 series or 2.

The things that should worry fans are again pre snap penalties and injuries. It's absurd how pathetic they are pre snap.

To answer an earlier question I would much rather have a Jets team w/ a rookie QB who won his last two games against teams sitting stars for a playoff run rather than a team that already came in here and dominated every day of them week.