Jets 37 Bengals 0

I find all this "holding back" stuff amusing. It's the 16th game of the season and every team has tape on every other team. They know what plays they generally run, what plays work, which ones don't against certain teams/defenses. There just ain't all that much you can "hold back" other than your starters and some meaningul effort. No team is going to be implementing wholesale scheme changes on either offense or defense in the next 5 days. You go with what got you here. For the Bengals, it was an average offense and very strong defense. The offense is probably pushing the "below average" category overall and the defense is missing some key players. I don't think they match up well with the Jets at all.

How do they not match up well with them? The Bengals well have some key guys back on defense next week. The offense showed absolutely nothing last night to the Jets. We didn't even see them do that jumbo backfield set they usually do. The Bengals just didn't show much at all to the Jets last night offensively and defensively. While the Bengals got to see first hand most of the stuff the Jets do.

The Jets were playing for their season, while the Bengals really were not playing for to much. Football is a game of emotion, and the Jets had it last night. The Bengals will have players back, and will be able to match that emotion next week, if not more. The Bengals seen the Jets basically AT THEIR BEST, so the Bengals know what to expect. The same can not be said for the Jets. There are many reasons to believe that the Bengals very easily could bounce back Saturday and win. I know I am very confident about the Bengals chances this Saturday.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question to some of you, who think last nights game is going to happen again this Saturday. Is do you think that the Cardinals, and Eagles both are going to get manhandled again too? I mean Dallas physically beat up the Eagles yesterday, and unlike the Bengals the Eagles definitely were trying their hardest because they wanted that 2 seed. The Packers also embarrassed the Cardinals yesterday. So if your going to take last nights game, and think that means it will happen that way Saturday. Then you must think those two teams will also lose again.

You can't look at those games when deciding how these games will go. Especially when a team like the Bengals were resting people, and definitely not trying to show much to them.

This was an embarassment to professional football. The Bengals were a pathetic joke!

So I guess you think the Colts, the Cardinals, and the Eagles are pathetic jokes too? I mean the Eagles go beat down, and they were even trying. So I guess that makes them even more of a joke right? :rolleyes:

My question to some of you, who think last nights game is going to happen again this Saturday. Is do you think that the Cardinals, and Eagles both are going to get manhandled again too? I mean Dallas physically beat up the Eagles yesterday, and unlike the Bengals the Eagles definitely were trying their hardest because they wanted that 2 seed. The Packers also embarrassed the Cardinals yesterday. So if your going to take last nights game, and think that means it will happen that way Saturday. Then you must think those two teams will also lose again.

You can't look at those games when deciding how these games will go. Especially when a team like the Bengals were resting people, and definitely not trying to show much to them.

Colts got crushed also. I'm not sure I agree with the not showing them stuff though. They have film from all 16 weeks, so I'm sure the Bengals won't show much that they haven't run all season. I did like that the Jets went with their Wildcat, that is something the Bengals need to defend a little better. I like the Bengals Saturday. 24-20

Colts got crushed also. I'm not sure I agree with the not showing them stuff though. They have film from all 16 weeks, so I'm sure the Bengals won't show much that they haven't run all season. I did like that the Jets went with their Wildcat, that is something the Bengals need to defend a little better. I like the Bengals Saturday. 24-20

That is true. However it is one thing seeing it on film, and another when it comes to actually seeing it on game day. The Bengals basically got to see most of what the Jets will do, because the Jets had no choice but to let it all hang out. I think the Jets will be in for a surprise when they see how much harder the Bengals are playing Saturday, and won't be able to physically dominate them like they think they will now. Getting blown out like that and it being the playoffs, I think will give the Bengals even more emotion for this game.

The one thing that the Jets didn't do that they need to look out for though, is Brad Smith throwing a pass out of the wildcat. Hopefully they prepare for it this week.

I know I can't wait till Saturday, and I think the Bengals will come out with the win.

WHO DEY!

That is true. However it is one thing seeing it on film, and another when it comes to actually seeing it on game day. The Bengals basically got to see most of what the Jets will do, because the Jets had no choice but to let it all hang out. I think the Jets will be in for a surprise when they see how much harder the Bengals are playing Saturday, and won't be able to physically dominate them like they think they will now. Getting blown out like that and it being the playoffs, I think will give the Bengals even more emotion for this game.

The one thing that the Jets didn't do that they need to look out for though, is Brad Smith throwing a pass out of the wildcat. Hopefully they prepare for it this week.

I know I can't wait till Saturday, and I think the Bengals will come out with the win.

WHO DEY!

Smith got banged up pretty easily. I think if someone plants him, he will not be a factor.

I kinda like the idea of playing against a rookie QB with 22 interceptions.

:thumb:

If I were Cincy, I'd rather face the Jets. If they can stop the running game, they have to feel good about making Sanchez beat them, IMO.

Theoretically, they should be able to run the ball against Houston. The downside to playing the Texans is that they have such an explosive offense and the Bengals aren't the type of team to score a lot and play catch-up if it came to that.

Assuming the Bengals play the way they have for the majority of the season, its unlikely they'd ever get too far down against the Jets. If its a tight game, who would you rather have under center...Palmer or Sanchez?

Also, the #4 seed gives the Bengals a chance to avoid San Diego, which is a good thing, IMO. I wouldn't expect the Bengals to beat either of the top two seeds to be honest, but I'd rather face the Colts than the Chargers right now regardless of how close they played SD recently.

If I were Cincy, I'd rather face the Jets. If they can stop the running game, they have to feel good about making Sanchez beat them, IMO.

Theoretically, they should be able to run the ball against Houston. The downside to playing the Texans is that they have such an explosive offense and the Bengals aren't the type of team to score a lot and play catch-up if it came to that.

Assuming the Bengals play the way they have for the majority of the season, its unlikely they'd ever get too far down against the Jets. If its a tight game, who would you rather have under center...Palmer or Sanchez?

Also, the #4 seed gives the Bengals a chance to avoid San Diego, which is a good thing, IMO. I wouldn't expect the Bengals to beat either of the top two seeds to be honest, but I'd rather face the Colts than the Chargers right now regardless of how close they played SD recently.

Couldn't agree more with every part of this post. :thumb:

We have a better chance of stopping River and the Chargers O then the Manning and the Colts. But at the same time I think our O can play better against the Colts.

If the Bengals happen to win I'd like NE to win, which I think they should. I really think the time to beat the Colts is their first game after not playing a full meaningful game in 4 weeks. SD and Indy are very good, I'd rather catch the team that isn't as sharp. Baltimore will probably win though and ruin that for the Bengals.

If the Bengals happen to win I'd like NE to win, which I think they should. I really think the time to beat the Colts is their first game after not playing a full meaningful game in 4 weeks. SD and Indy are very good, I'd rather catch the team that isn't as sharp. Baltimore will probably win though and ruin that for the Bengals.

Absolutely. The past has shown that Indy can be vulnerable when they shut it down after clinching home field early...I think that's the only chance the Bengals have to win more than one playoff game. Like I said, I don't think it will happen, but I don't like their chances against San Diego in any form.

If they can catch a Colts team, particularly Manning and the passing game, that isn't sharp...they might have a chance to get them off the field and control the game with their rushing attack. Maybe not likely, but possible.

i think I would rather have the Texans come up here to play. A team from sunny, warm Texas that plays in an air conditioned dome having to come to Cincy on a day that would be in the 20's sounds like an advantage.

The biggest concern I have with the Bengals blowing it last night is the national perception of the team. It seems like every time we get a nationally televised game, we look horrible. How can the Bengals build any fan base with that kind of sick performance!