Jets 37 Bengals 0

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who apparently think the Bengals threw the game, why would they want to play the Jets instead of the Texans?

The Texans already beat Cincinnati, at Cincinnati, relatively handily. Schaub has been on fire and that offense is explosive. The Texans threw screen pass after screen pass and Slaton & Johnson tore us apart.

I'd much rather play a smashmouth type of game against the Jets. That's the Bengal's style, and exactly how we won the AFC North.

The Jets are a very good team, but they have a rookie QB. We shut Braylon Edwards down when he was in Cleveland earlier this year. His ability worries me, but I think we'll be okay. The Jets hurt us by running the ball, but the Bengals were playing a lot of reserves & resting the key run stoppers. Chris Crocker & Domata Peko will both be back this week.

Additionally, the Jets came out fired up and played with their backs against the wall. They showed us their hand because they could not afford to lose.

I'd much rather play a run-first Jets team than the Texans, who have already beaten the Bengals by spreading them out.